Thread: Another RK Mission XP Bump Thread

Another RK Mission XP Bump Thread

I'm taking this from another angle here. Normally, balance designers / game directors / etc have a reason they don't grant a request for a feature/addition to a game. With all these posts regarding boosting XP in RK missions to the level of SL missions: I'd like to know the answer to why isn't this being done. Surly there is a reason. Here's some of what I was thinking could be possible explainations:

Money?: Right now FC forces you to do SL for XP if you want to go at any reasonable speed. SL means you're a paying subscriber, I get that, but you can't get to 220/x/x without a sub. You will still need to venture out into SL to do the 201-220 game. It would also put froobs in with subscribers which could get people to flip to a sub to continue the journey with the friends they made along the way.

Player Time Invested?: Hmmm, I wouldn't think so because as it stands now, if you want to level quickly, it's Kiting and that would stomp what we could get from RK missions even if they bumped them to SL levels of XP.

You'll miss out on the Nascene/Ely/Schoel/Ado stuff?: Again, I dont know... maybe, but people are generally doing that already, with the exception of Nascene - much of that ground is covered by a lower level character.

Again, this isn't me pleading to the devs to make this happen, but more of a "Why not?". If you think you know, by all means, enlighten me.
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Sl was badly designed and in general mostly people hate, the sl areas except for getting xp and items. RK was well designed and fun including rk missions.
    My suggestion would be upgrade the rk Mission end xp and allow 200+ to get sk from RK and rk missions, so everyone dont have to sit on lft for the inf missions for hours. Probably easier than the the new inf missions yal are making which will leave out soloers, newbies and low dd professions again and give vets another way to level faster.

Dont worry about ely, ado, pen being empty, they are already empty and people usually dont team away. Rk missions were friendly and talkative, most sl teams is about damage and very indifferent.

To a lot of people SL wrecked the game.

Nobody has asked for new sl-missions, but rk-missions to have better xp.

The assumptions in these last two posts are staggering. I for one don't hate Shadowlands at all. Also, people HAVE asked for new SL missions also.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    The assumptions in these last two posts are staggering. I for one don't hate Shadowlands at all. Also, people HAVE asked for new SL missions also.
    People didnt ask for new sl mission, they asked for another way to level to 220 other then the million inf mish grind. They asked for pen and ado missions to give better (more worth while) xp and allow lower persons to pull missions. We wanted the missions to be soloable. AO gave us four choices, this was the lesser evil.

People asked for more weapon choices, they created the useless weapon construction kits
    Asked for more creds at low lvls, they nerfed s10
    Asked for more ways/dungeons to get geared up, they gave us the "INIT FIX", causing all mobs especially the instanced ones to hit up to 3 times a second. Making sure only the already geared toons can farm it.

AO, in their wish to stop vets from multi logging instances and stop them from complaining that everything is to easy, screwed over all new people. and made it easier to just buy everything.

So at least give people back RK, yes people will exploit it, but the ability to go beyond the boundaries of design is one reason why ao is/was so GOOD.

Another problem is that it is more benefical to not level within your own levelgroup, which is actually supposed to be. Game is designed in a way that you will not gain xp if you play with players above your level. I suggest they do xp or missionranges similar to BS. Imagine if TL6 fought 220's on bs? Stupid. It should't be like that in pvm either imo, so it should be more rewarding to play within your own level-group in the appropiate zone. Would probably be more fun too.

Also,
    Update the loot-table bring sl-nanos to the bosses etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    Another problem is that it is more benefical to not level within your own levelgroup, which is actually supposed to be. Game is designed in a way that you will not gain xp if you play with players above your level. I suggest they do xp or missionranges similar to BS. Imagine if TL6 fought 220's on bs? Stupid. It should't be like that in pvm either imo, so it should be more rewarding to play within your own level-group in the appropiate zone. Would probably be more fun too.

Also,
    Update the loot-table bring sl-nanos to the bosses etc.
    I cant agree with the forced teaming with a smaller level range. Maybe if the population was 10 times the size, we had a lot of new people, we had 50% more new content, they killed pocket kiting and they put better versions of heckler juice in the veteran store. That might be something to think about. Its already hard to find a team with the ranges as they are now.