Thread: [PVP] Game Suggestion - Duel Room

Exclamation [PVP] Game Suggestion - Duel Room

A random idea while running around AO..

In the Duel Room, Funcom should add terminals you can 'use' to give you certain buffs obtained via grafts, such as:

13% Reflect
    Glowing Retribution ( Modify Max Health 99)

Most people use these grafts in duels regardless, I've seen countless times people have to lend grafts to another that doesn't have it. In some cases the person who doesn't have the graft doesn't even ask, they just don't use it.
    It'd be a small but effective addition to the PVP content in Anarchy Online.

ALSO

Funcom should add a terminal that heals 100K Health/Nano that can be used while not in combat & while not in duel, this would save time for high health players from having to use several kits to heal fully in order to duel again.

Possibly add a Cooldown reset terminal aswell with the parameters of
    While not in duel
    While not in combat
    - If player zones, the original cooldown timers will be restored (When terminal is used have a background timer start for all their current CDs)
    ~~ This would minimize the time in-between duels, seen as most people will not duel until certain cooldowns are available (Bio Cocoon//Heal perks//Evasive Stance//Damage Perks//MA Attacks//Dimach?//Specials//'Use' items) and would allow players that have limited time to play the game more 'bang for their buck' (buck being time..)

If you have anymore PVP game suggestions, post below!

Most of those suggestions are just showing that you are lazy and do not know AO.
    1. Roll / blitz your own grafts or buy them. If you can not then do not duel or accept dueling without them.
    2. Premium health and nano recharger heals your HP and nano to 100%, or you can use implant clinic in any shop.
    3. Cooldown reset terminal is the only suggestion that makes sense.

To sum it up duel room is not needed and the only change needed would be to make a modification that whenever you start new duel all your cooldown effects are reset so you can use all perks, specials etc once the countdown reches zero.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

i think the idea isnt half bad. but the other way around. but that has already been suggested and doent need an extra room. /duel should wipe ncu and give you time to buff up before clicking ready. and yeah, a temporary reset of timers could be discussed. doesnt make sense for people to wait on absorb timers etc. on the other hand, what is a 30m cooldown or even hour cooldown worth if you can use it again after 30 sec...but that could be discussed for sure. like so many things, duels have never really been implemented well.

the real question is: there are still people in duel room ?
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

ya I like xootch's idea in principal - the NCU wipe is solid, but obviously is insanely annoying as well, since it means keepers would never duel again, neither would engineers, or agents lol.. I mean, who wants to rebuff for every duel? That's insanity for some profs.

I do like the concept of a CD recharger though.. would also be helpful for when you beacon somewhere and quickly realise you need to go back to SL or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    the NCU wipe is solid, but obviously is insanely annoying as well, since it means keepers would never duel again, neither would engineers, or agents lol..
    right, more long-term buffs could be merged and then have faster execution/recharge. If you ever been buffed by darkbane (or is it hawkbane?) on test...THATS how buffing should be. Also, let agents swap FP on the fly already ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    /duel should wipe ncu and give you time to buff up before clicking ready.
    Before I rolled my engie I might've been with you on this idea but now that I have one it seems really unappealing. My PvP engie isn't quite finished and even now I have a ton of swaps in order to buff. My understanding is that keepers suffer the same fate.. not sure who else.

Anyway...

If open inspect is coming in 18.7 then it will be pretty easy to see who has outside buffs. If they decide to do away with the open inspect concept then I would edit your suggestion by saying that /duel (and the decontamination on battlestations, while they're at it) simply removes all buffs that aren't specific to the toon's profession.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 13th, 2014 at 18:04:38.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Does anyone remember the the Notum Miner area? This will be a waste just like that area.

Well the notum miner area has one of those hp/nano items suggested in the OP so that shouldn't be more than a copy/paste job, I'd think.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    ya I like xootch's idea in principal - the NCU wipe is solid, but obviously is insanely annoying as well, since it means keepers would never duel again, neither would engineers, or agents lol.. I mean, who wants to rebuff for every duel? That's insanity for some profs.

I do like the concept of a CD recharger though.. would also be helpful for when you beacon somewhere and quickly realise you need to go back to SL or whatever.
    true. i'm trying to weigh this against the heavily osbed duel opponents i found quite annoying. maybe restore ncu after duel? i know, very unlikely fc can manage to pull that off...ever.