Thread: New essence and heals

New essence and heals

I have been looking and looking, but no luck finding info on how this heal reactivity. Is it 100% fact it does NOT work on HoTs like mongo? If it does not has that already been suggested somewhere?

With mongo being a % heal it should theoretically heal more when you have more health from new essence. But Id like to know if the heal reactivity adds on top of that healing also.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

"With mongo being a % heal it should theoretically heal more when you have more health from new essence. But Id like to know if the heal reactivity adds on top of that healing also." No.

No dialogue has been opened up about future enforcer changes. Dont expect these any time soon or this to be their finalization. TLDR; Dont worry about it for now.

With no enfo professional it's hard getting answers here.

I would check it myself but I just reinstalled windows, and after the reinstall my testserver won't patch so I cant get on it atm. Keep getting some textcolor.xml error during patch. Bleh.

Anyways the new essence could be feasible IF heal reactivity works on HoTs like mongo for solo enfos. Otherwise there is no point using them without a dedicated doc in team, because the loss of challenger etc. Especially at low lvls.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Dont really need a new concept on weird and possible OP mechanics when it comes to balance. To add more benefits to a system that needs to have cutbacks isn't the thing to do. There should be some form of compensation but there shouldn't be a "well this was taken away now beef this up instead". I have already fiddled with the concept of heal reactivity affecting HoTs/mongo HoT and its not the direction to go because a completely new system would need to be written to introduce healing caps based on level, HP amount etc and that kind of work AO devs can not afford/do.

On part of the heal reactivity: It makes you more seseptible for the heal casted on you.

Doc has 1k heal and with 30% heal modifier heals for 1300 HP. If 100% heal reactivity is getting you healed for 1.3k HP then more reactivity wil get healed 1300HP + the amount % based? heal reactivity or if it's in the planning, heal reactivity can be decrease the heal reactivity thus geting healed less effectively...

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    On part of the heal reactivity: It makes you more seseptible for the heal casted on you.

Doc has 1k heal and with 30% heal modifier heals for 1300 HP...
    This I understand, my question is will heal mod affect HoTs like mongo or Sup Omni Med? If it does then I would like the change to new essence, if not then I think new essence is just a nerf.

Having less max health but better self healing mongo is a decent tradeoff I could live with, otherwise im not so happy with just a nerf.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

The doc's heal mod and the enf's heal reactivity doesn't work on HoT of any kind. At least not atm.

At lower levels the new mongo is definitely worse than the old one, but at higher levels it heals for a lot more. The old one ticks for 510 every 2 secs, giving 15.300hp/min. The new one will at 50k hp heal for anything from 18.000 to 30.000hp/min, depending on when you refresh it.
    Refreshing the new one when it runs out gives 18.000hp/min, refreshing after every 4 ticks give 22.500hp/min, after every 3 ticks 25.500hp/min and finally refreshing after every 2 ticks will give 30.000hp/min.
    This leaves it very much up to you how much healing you want from it, and increases the nano you'll need to spend every time you squeeze more hp/min out of it.

I've chosen 50k hp as that is what my 220 trox enf has on test, about 18k lower than on live. But now with 20% HR, making him much easier to heal for especially advs and MAs.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

So the new essence is effective only when teamed with a healer. For solo play its not good to use correct?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Wrong, but in a good way. When you're fighting easy/short fights you're likely better off without the new essence and just going behe, since this will allow you to cast Challenger and thus do more damage. In harder/longer fights, you'll want to cast the new essence (which now only has a 1 sec cast/recharge time). This will buff your single heal perks a bit and having more hp will mean that the %-based healing of mongo will heal for more. Also remember that the snare from the SL essences has been removed. At least this is my experience with the new mongo is from leveling a trox enf from 1 to 210ish on beta. YMMV naturally.

Personally I can't imagine I'll want to play my enf without Kraken running. It just feels very TANKish. The only downside is not being able to cast Challenger, which I really don't use much in pvm anyway. While leveling a poorly geared toon the new SL essences felt like a godsend. It made me feel like a tank from the second I uploaded the first one, and allowed me to tank almost any leveling content, often with only MA (pre-Zazen) and fixer healing. I really felt the 2 types of essences gave me a choice of play style, something I have never felt before as an enf in AO.

edit: Remember that Challenger is now only dmg and AAO, and not castable under SL essence, while Rage is now the NR buff and debuff remover.
    Last edited by wyldebeast; Oct 17th, 2014 at 20:20:10. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by wyldebeast View Post
    This will buff your single heal perks a bit and having more hp will mean that the %-based healing of mongo will heal for more.
    That's what I was looking for, so it will affect single heal perks like bio rejuvenation.

If heal reactivity also affects Blessing of Life and Draw Blood I would be happy with that. Also if heal pet counts toward that also.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

So far what I've seen is that it works on all incoming single heals, except heal stims.

MP pets, (single, team and AoE) heal perks, (single and team) heal nanos all scale using HR. HoT perks and heals and stims do not scale.

Also remember that Rage now has a negative HR buff (-50%HR at Hellish Rage), so in pvp it is good that HoTs and stims are not affected.

I just want these changes on live so bad.

I have a 218 enf I've just levelled from 1 in the last month or so and I've just ached to play with the new nano changes (based on our experience on beta, wylde)

Quote Originally Posted by wyldebeast View Post
    Also remember that Rage now has a negative HR buff (-50%HR at Hellish Rage), so in pvp it is good that HoTs and stims are not affected.
    Excellent tip.

Thanks for the info, I can't get onto test atm, some stupid error I can't get around until next patch probably.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.