Thread: Pvp Rewards

Pvp Rewards

Since the players that so desperately want to be "rewarded" for pvp can't think of any ideas themselves I will throw them a bone and at least start this thread for them.

Pvp rewards have been suggested as a means to attract players to pvp, while I disagree with this premise in it's totality. I will at least acknowledge the psychology of the human condition. Players that pvp do so primarily because they enjoy the competitive experience of beating another player as opposed to a more predictable computer AI. So to "reward" end game pvp players a small list of non-game breaking items could be added to OFAB shops for vp's. All items could have playshift requirement of the Battle station playfield.

Ice Arrows from albratum- (bow special) possibly similar items with "thrown/dimach/grenade/etc skill requirement"
    Tonics from alappa
    Combat Buff cans with 12m buff that's cancels upon playfield shift
    Combat cans with debuffs - ubt with lowered nano resist check
    Combat cans with roots/blinds etc- the list could go on
    Combat cans with debuff similar to dreadloch remod weapon? I like that one.
    Combat cans or "use" item that can de-mech/de-turret players? That might be OP.

As a small list its just an idea to give additional advantage to dedicated pvp players, and a use for all those stored vp's at 20k-50k per item in stacks of 5. Not totally out of reach for new players to get 1-2 but a nice advantage for vet players.

Making these items only usable on BS and Arenas would be the key suggestion imo because they require a playshift.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

None of these suggestions would help players who prefer pvp cut down on endless mandatory pvm farming and wouldn't do anything to fix the "dead end" status of pvp in this game. You missed the point entirely.

No I think you missed the point, AO is 99% pvm, that is not going to change. You are not going to be able to skip, circumvent, side step, or avoid pvm in order to get to pvp. There will NEVER be a time that you can gain xp from player kills. If you don't get that I can't help you.

Now if you would like to add any other "rewards" for Battle station vp's to the thread fantastic, otherwise move along.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    No I think you missed the point, AO is 99% pvm, that is not going to change.
    Other than the selfish mentality of nearsighted people I see no reason why this couldn't change. A product fares better on the market when it appeals to a broader audience. Why are you against AO being a better, more populated game?

It would probably be easier for you to play call of duty rather than try to change AO into the next black ops.

Reasonable players don't purchase and play a game with the intent of changing it into something else.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I case you haven't noticed this game has been changing ever since release. Every patch changes something. Games tend to evolve in order to stay competitive on the market. AO hasn't, which is why it's in such decadent state. AO is a game which promotes pvp on official FC descriptions and in it's storyline, makes perfect sense that pvp is made meaningful and not just a dead end optional activity. I'll ask again: why are you against AO becoming a better, more populated game? It makes no sense to me.

Reasonable players take their experience to come up with ideas that will benefit their game and community. What they definitely don't do is compare suggestions to properly reward player activity in an mmorpg to an fps, which is nonsense on the level of a 4 year old to be honest.

That's cool I don't mind you following my threads, but do you have any additional rewards to add to my small list?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

OK throw in AI lead bots, whats a reasonable vp cost?

25k for ql 50
    50k for ql 100
    100k for ql 200
    150k for ql 300

To low? To high? Just right?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.