Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Open letter

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    I've provided explanations on what creates "fun" in repetitive activity

Repetitive activity is not fun, ever,
    First I want to point out an prime example of your double talking, this is from the same post! Scroll up and take a look...ill wait. Seriously you talk about basic psychology and you can't even make up your own mind on your own argument. Nothing repetitive is fun unless you provide a way to make it fun lol seriously?

An even more serious flaw in your argument is that only a virgin would say repetition is not fun. Not saying you are a virgin but...

Especially with such childish implications that I sit around in a dark room all day only because we have a difference of opinion. Grow up man.
    Actually I neither implied nor inferred that statement was directed toward you or anyone in particular. Just stating my preference to go outside, exercise, and interact with people in person as opposed to other people preferring to spending their life more based in an artificial virtual world.

You know what would make this all much more clear is 3 easy questions.

Do you enjoy pvp in AO?
    Since you say psychologically people would be motivated to pvp with "rewards" What is rewarding about current AO pvp to you?
    What do you consider an adequate "reward" for lvl 1 pvp vs 220 pvp?

BTW- I am having trouble finding any direct non rhetorical question from you that I has not been answered.
    Last edited by Psikie; Oct 31st, 2014 at 19:52:01. Reason: BTW
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    First I want to point out an prime example of your double talking, this is from the same post! Scroll up and take a look...ill wait. Seriously you talk about basic psychology and you can't even make up your own mind on your own argument.
    I didn't "double talk" anything, pay attention to the quotation marks. Fun and "fun" aren't the same thing.

Nothing repetitive is fun unless you provide a way to make it fun lol seriously?
    Exactly. People don't engage in repetitive activity unless they're rewarded for it, or have some kind of mental disability such as autism.

Actually I neither implied nor inferred that statement was directed toward you or anyone in particular. Just stating my preference to go outside, exercise, and interact with people in person as opposed to other people preferring to spending their life more based in an artificial virtual world.
    As if. After all you did end your insinuation with "O SNAP" which is an indication of an insult attempt.

You know what would make this all much more clear is 3 easy questions.

1.Do you enjoy pvp in AO?
    2.Since you say psychologically people would be motivated to pvp with "rewards" What is rewarding about current AO pvp to you?
    3.What do you consider an adequate "reward" for lvl 1 pvp vs 220 pvp?
    1. Most of the time no.
    2. Nothing, that's why I'm not playing AO anymore. And I'm not just saying that, it's a fact. If people are motivated to mass pvp for bot points they will be motivated to pvp for other rewards. It's fairly basic concept, exactly why it's adopted by every other game that has a healthy pvp population. It's why AO primarily has a pvm population, pvm in this game rewards while pvp doesn't. Naturally people who prefer pvp will quit > smaller playerbase > less activity in pvm too (most players who prefer pvp aren't pvp exclusive, including myself, but won't settle for what's essentially a pvm only game), not to mention less money and resources for funcom.
    3. I've yet to see a game that rewards lvl 1 characters with anything other than startup items, that's because level 1 is where games begin and not end and there's really no point in thinking about rewarding lvl 1 characters for pvp. Even pvm doesn't reward them with anything other than xp and starter items. Provided anyone pvped at lvl 1 to begin with but they don't, it's just another one in a long line of your ridiculous scenario arguments.

BTW- I am having trouble finding any direct non rhetorical question from you that I has not been answered.
    Calling them rhetorical is just an excuse to dodge answering for when you didn't have a proper argument because you knew I was right and won't be man enough to admit it.

I didn't "double talk" anything, pay attention to the quotation marks. Fun and "fun" aren't the same thing.
    Interesting.

that's why I'm not playing AO anymore. And I'm not just saying that, it's a fact.
    That would explain why I can never find you on BS or Bor

I've yet to see a game that rewards lvl 1 characters with anything other than startup items, that's because level 1 is where games begin and not end and there's really no point in thinking about rewarding lvl 1 characters for pvp.
    Does that mean you are only in favor of pvp "rewards" for 220/30/70 toons? Since everyone else is rewarded with xp? Or is there some cut off lvl where you can start to receive pvp "rewards" since lvl 1 does not qualify?

Calling them rhetorical is just an excuse to dodge answering for when you didn't have a proper argument because you knew I was right and won't be man enough to admit it.
    I was going to say I've never seen a question directed at me, because I can't think of a time I didn't jump at a chance to reply to one of your posts.

But I thought that in the many months maybe you had posted an indirect question and I ignored it, then the answer probably was pretty obvious. Hence rhetorical.

But I would be more than happy to answer any direct question you have. In case you worry my responses might be too long you can make them yes no questions if you like.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Interesting.
    Yes, context is an interesting concept. Unfortunately people often have trouble following because they have a one track mind.

Does that mean you are only in favor of pvp "rewards" for 220/30/70 toons?
    Uhm, do you even play this game? There's a lot of levels between 1 and 220/30/70. I said it's nonsense to have pvp rewards for lvl 1 characters and explained why. Maybe you should try reading my posts entirely before replying.

Since everyone else is rewarded with xp? Or is there some cut off lvl where you can start to receive pvp "rewards" since lvl 1 does not qualify?
    Again with rewarding lvl 1 characters retarded argument. Where's my level 1 pandemonium? Where's my level 1 gauntlet? The point in character progression is higher level means more content and better rewards. You can't copy every later game content to low levels, especially down to level 1 that's just plain stupid lol.

I was going to say I've never seen a question directed at me,
    Sure you have, every time I replied to you means I was addressing you. Stop making excuses.

because I can't think of a time I didn't jump at a chance to reply to one of your posts.
    No, you reply to parts of my posts, picking paragraphs or sentences apart to suit your ridiculous arguments. What do you hope to accomplish with such behavior anyway? Nvm you're gonna dodge this question too most likely.

But I thought that in the many months maybe you had posted an indirect question and I ignored it, then the answer probably was pretty obvious. Hence rhetorical.
    More excuses, you're too transparent.

But I would be more than happy to answer any direct question you have. In case you worry my responses might be too long you can make them yes no questions if you like.
    By all means backtrack through this thread and re-start your replies to all of my posts which you initially replied to, this time reading and addressing them in their entirety without picking sentences apart in attempt to draw them out of context. Think you could do that? Honestly I'd be amazed if you did because that would be a most impressive milestone.

OK all this has been cute...but let me try this once more. Ill just do 1 at a time for you.

What level is the cut off for you suggest toons can start to receive pvp "rewards" since lvl 1 does not qualify?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

We all find different parts of ao fun. I personally find lvling up more worthwhile than pvp, but everyone now and then i want to test my skills.
    We all will come to different conclusions even if we looked at the same picture. Our views differ because our experience in ao and life give us different perspectives for the same topic.
    If pvp is not for all it will not last.

The only true Fact is that when people get frustrated with AO and stop playing they usually end up on the forums. So like i said before a lot of people posting dont actually play ao anymore so their suggestions usually stem from the high numbers they remember.
    I still think AO have a high number of people waiting for something new so they can return.

OK all this has been cute...but let me try this once more. Ill just do 1 at a time for you.
    Nice dodge as usual, dodger.

What level is the cut off for you suggest toons can start to receive pvp "rewards" since lvl 1 does not qualify
    Why should level 1 qualify anyway, do you have any reasonable argument for that? (inb4 question dodge) I mean the very idea is borderline retarded for a number of reasons. First it doesn't make sense to reward everyone with everything at level 1, higher levels are supposed to unlock more options that's how MMOs work. Secondly nobody pvps at level 1 and for good reason (because it's stupid) other than the very few people who bothered making level 1 twinks for dueling. Is there even a battlestation that level 1 characters can enter? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    We all find different parts of ao fun. I personally find lvling up more worthwhile than pvp, but everyone now and then i want to test my skills.
    Yeah you personally find leveling up more worthwhile so you are personally against suggestions that don't focus on your preference. Textbook example selfishness.

We all will come to different conclusions even if we looked at the same picture. Our views differ because our experience in ao and life give us different perspectives for the same topic.
    Since you're trying to be philosophical about it why do you engage in bringing down uggestions to actually improve this game, you saying your view is somehow better? A philosopher is supposed to be open-minded. Yes people can appreciate the same thing in different ways. Some people think that an old derelict house is beautiful (although useless), others might think that it needs improvement so it has actual use and not just a waste of space.

If pvp is not for all it will not last.
    What does this even mean? Pvp in AO doesn't last because it's unrewarding, a dead end.

The only true Fact is that when people get frustrated with AO and stop playing they usually end up on the forums. So like i said before a lot of people posting dont actually play ao anymore so their suggestions usually stem from the high numbers they remember.
    Even though I'm not playing I still have a far better grasp of this game than you'll ever have, it shows from our posts really. Don't know how your memory works but mine doesn't evaporate the moment my account goes cold. I don't even know what "high numbers" you're talking about, because I'm certainly not mentioning any.

I still think AO have a high number of people waiting for something new so they can return.
    Hey maybe you can persuade them together with psikie:

"The game doesn't have any improvements, but it's fun!"
    "Really, what's fun about it?"
    "Go to totw and you'll find out!"
    "But I've seen totw before and if nothing's changed how is it fun again?"
    "Dude, fun!"

AO have 14 unique profession, unlike other games they dont fit perfectly into the 4 usually mmo roles. Depending on what you are doing the roles interchange and you can go beyond the limits of what they were designed for.
    This is one reason why we love AO and also why pvp will almost be impossible to balanced.
    It is a rly bad idea to balance group-pvp around 1vs1 scenarios. Duel-pvp can has it's own balance.

What I think matters is that everyone has a (but not limited to) distinct role/function in pvp that is effective.

It is heart breaking to watch twinks chase down people who constantly run from them, knowing that they can barely even scratch them.
    If u gonna be softhearted pvp might not be for u.

Tip of the day: Don't go solo on BS.

To those who say the people getting farmed need to get a lot of creds first, get geared up, learn a lot about ao, probably get some ai armour first then try to pvp. I say to you.
    There is no one in there right mind who is going to join AO knowing that they need to wait at least 3 months before they can even try to enjoy the pvp system.
    People suggested a lot of things to decrease playergaps (tier armor in shop etc) but veterans pipe off with the usual 'work for your gear' etc. They themsels probably didn't even work for it, but was simply there when the content was actively played.

What level is the cut off for you suggest toons can start to receive pvp "rewards" since lvl 1 does not qualify?
    At the popular pvp-ranges? 150-170, 200 and 220 are some. This should interchange with popular pvm levels and level-locked encounters so people can do both pvm and pvp with their xp-locked charracters. IE, more pvm for 150-170 etc.

Also level-locking pvp-encounters like Tara (since it is in practice a 220 playground) or make a tl5 and tl7 version, and give alternative ways to give lowbies the lower level nodrops. Same with towers. Many feels tl5wars gets ruined by tl7/207's. With BS it is very imba (1on1 tho) with 151-170 vs 200's, but not sure how this can be fixed with also having active BS's summat. That pvm and pvp-encounters/level-locked missions intermix would help I think.

Nice dodge as usual, dodger.
    Im rubber and you're glue... what a joke.

Why should level 1 qualify anyway, do you have any reasonable argument for that? (inb4 question dodge) I mean the very idea is borderline retarded for a number of reasons.
    Seriously? I almost feel sorry for you.

If you can find a question that I have not answered I would love to see it. Lets try this again. Here is the question. It is underlined and bold so you can't miss it.

What lvl should toons start to get pvp rewards under your perfect system?

House keeping tip, Febreze works wonders on chairs and couches to eliminate tough odors.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Im rubber and you're glue... what a joke.
    Very inaccurate comback seeing as I'm not afraid of answering any questions, while you dodge many.

If you can find a question that I have not answered I would love to see it.
    Why, so you can dodge them again? I mean you do it all the time. If a line ends with a question mark it's a question. They're not "rhetorical" or "unimportant" or whatever other excuse you made up along the way.

Whatever level funcom wants them to, if you think that the omnipotent AO dev/team have the time and resources to make scaling rewards from level 1 to please all those level 1 pvpers, why not.

House keeping tip, Febreze works wonders on chairs and couches to eliminate tough odors.
    Are you trying to invite yourself over with a fair warning?

I've provided explanations on what creates "fun" in repetitive activity

Repetitive activity is not fun, ever,
    Very inaccurate comback seeing as I'm not afraid of answering any questions, while you dodge many.

Whatever level funcom wants them to, if you think that the omnipotent AO dev/team have the time and resources to make scaling rewards from level 1 to please all those level 1 pvpers, why not.
    Classic.

Double take At 1:15 into video is just like your posts.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I've never seen anyone go to such great lengths in nonsense just in attempt to spite me.

Not spite at all, just showing you your own double talking. You contradict yourself in your own posts. It is almost sad, you are not even good at forum pvp debates.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345