Thread: BS Penalty working as intended?

BS Penalty working as intended?

So I keep trying Battlestations.. usually to my disapointment.

Typically I get in.. no one is there, which shocks me... such an odd queue system that puts you up against no opponent(s). Than I sit there for 15-30 minutes and hope there is some action. Usually nothing and I leave. Than for some reason I couldnt enter BS anymore and had to pick up trash.

Is this intended? Seems like a stiff penalty for no other way to leave. Its not even quitting out, im using the exit. The trash quest isnt hard but wouldnt a 30-60 minute penalty suffice?

The penalty system is working as intended. The Battlestation is not.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

The deserter mechanism is old and outdated. The reason they even introduced this 'thing' was because people back in the day, used to type /afk when getting close to death, because they were afraid to lose their title (Legacy title system). However, the reason behind it now is still unclear for me.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

There's two different issues here.

1st: Currently the Battlestation glitches/bugs out whenever one of the sides has 0 players joining (despite being in queue). The result of that glitch is that you're stuck inside the BS without any of the "stars" for the capping spots appearing on the small BS map.
    If you find yourself in this rather annoying situation there's two things you can do:
    1 - The "legit" way - Leave the battlestation and get Deserter because you left it, even though it's glitching and it will NEVER end.
    2 - The "workaround" - Press alt-f4 twice VERY quickly.. relog on your account, wait for the "relog timer" to go off. Log into your account again and select your character. You'll find yourself outside the BS without the Deserter penalty.

Sad times.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

reason for Deserter was greatly explained by Oliveerz.

Real reason things get buged is because lack of information for players, except Number in Queue. This leads to situation, when not on prime time (or sometimes even at primetime) players don't see how many opponetns are for other side, they don't know if those who joined up are still online or interested in BS, or simple they are afk waiting for BS and watching cartoons*, and if invite is comming, they will miss it.

I cant imagine simplier solutions, byt they were proposed many times, yet never introduced. This is no orcket sience and implementing them should be piece of cake, yet good one for players

1) Introduce SIDE table with numbers for each side, example: Omni Queue: 5 / Clan Queue: 2
    2) Enable Queue system as a BOT online, which will sing up player and erase him from Q when player will log off - we WON'T get empty souls ever again
    3) Enable Sound warning, example " Warning! BattleStation is starting, please prepare to a fight!" - so we will hear invite while we wait.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    1) Introduce SIDE table with numbers for each side, example: Omni Queue: 5 / Clan Queue: 2
    2) Enable Queue system as a BOT online, which will sing up player and erase him from Q when player will log off - we WON'T get empty souls ever again
    3) Enable Sound warning, example " Warning! BattleStation is starting, please prepare to a fight!" - so we will hear invite while we wait.
    It is baffling to me how primitive the queuing system is in it's current state. This is how it should be.

Aye, it really needs improvement. This system needs to be used for PvM as well in order to bring AO on par with modern titles, and therefore needs to actually work. Doooo eeeeet FC.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-