Thread: Agro slide bar idea?

Agro slide bar idea?

- Possible to input a exact number
    - Possible to macro different numbers for the slider to be placed on your hotbar genableing rapidly switch between those settings.

More?

It has been suggested many times before, and it is very much a good idea, using the slider is very slow and awkard. However people argue against it because it might lead to people rapidly turning it up and down in between using abilities creating a strange "agg swapping feature".

I can so se it exploited, insta full agg and insta full def second later, can be exploited for casting nanos faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

This can theoretically be exploited today already. There should be a delay so this type of thing isn't a problem.

And while we are on the subject it should be easy to see where you need to have the bar in order to reach 1/1 with your equipped weapon, giving us three default buttons/modes: max, min and 1/1.

It's been exploited already, and I don't think there's a fix in game for it.

There's a video iirc with an advy on youtube where he's casting phoenix and you can see the agg bar pop from full def to full agg for the length of the cast then back to full def.

you actually need to set it on full agg only when casting, then can set it back to def, since nanos only check it when you cast them, not the full period of casting
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

I wouldn't go so far as to call it an exploit, just a game mechanic. You can do it manually anytime you want anyway.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    you actually need to set it on full agg only when casting, then can set it back to def, since nanos only check it when you cast them, not the full period of casting
    I swear this isn't true.

I slide the bar all the time when I'm building crat pets, engi pets and casting auras on keeper.

I can't confirm it, but I'm almost 100% certain that the rate of nanocast changes perceptibly when I adjust the bar to full agg mid cast.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I can't confirm it, but I'm almost 100% certain that the rate of nanocast changes perceptibly when I adjust the bar to full agg mid cast.
    I was going to say exact same thing, I do it every day I log my engi and forget im full def when I start casting bots. Move it mid cast and the cast time increases.

You can easily test it by jumping on NT and casting slowest nano u have and move slider while casting from full agg to full def go from slow to syrup slow.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I've been doing this to cast NT DoT's for years and the time doesn't seem to be adjusted mid-cast at all. It would be EXTREMELY weird of FC's rather old coding to allow for such a dynamic cast time, too.

I'll double-check by recording myself casting SI a few times while changing it mid-cast both ways, but I highly doubt it'll change anything.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

I would say you would have to use a nano you are not capped at full def for. It's very noticeable when I am casting bots on my engi, because I have low nano init on the engi, vs 99% of my NT's nanos are capped at 25% to full defense.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Still at work so couldn't record it yet but.. I mentioned SI. No NT can normally "instacast" SI at full def. Even at full agg it's a bit annoying (but not quite as impossible).
    It has a 10.75 cast time to be reduced (12 sec cast with 1.25 cap), so you're looking at this:

NanoC. Init needed to instacast at Full Agg (100%): 3450 init
    NanoC. Init needed to instacast at Neutral (88%): 4050 init
    NanoC. Init needed to instacast at Full Def (0%): 4650 init

It makes it a great nano to test this with since there's a clearly visible difference between the full agg and the full def cast times that should be easy to capture on video. Especially with the 1.25sec cap, as it's never going to fully instacast unlike many other nanos.

That said, the video has the added benefit of being a fairly reliable timing instrument for this purpose so we'll figure it out somehow.

I'll provide links when I get to test it, hopefully in a couple hours.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Not insta cast but you could be capped whether full def or full agg on most of your nanos. So I suggested using a toon that has low nano init - in my example I know I can use my engi casting his bots because he has low nano init and going from full def to full agg should be easily noticeable as an example.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

It's much more noticeable with SI as the relative bar is not as big. That said, you seem to have ignored a good chunk of my post regarding why SI is a good choice compared to low level engis or something similar. Please re-read.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

No dear I did not ignore your post, I merely said that the agg bar diff would be MORE noticeable on a low init toon such as an engi casting its bots as opposed to NT that should be nearly capped cast speed (because higher nano init) for majority of their nanos regardless of full def or full agg.

Didn't say it wouldn't work just saying it will be easier to judge on a lower init toon.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

And I chose a specific nano that shows the difference more than those bigger casts and explained why. Hence asking you to re-read. My point stands.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    And I chose a specific nano that shows the difference more than those bigger casts and explained why. Hence asking you to re-read. My point stands.
    That's cool if you already tested it out and proved that moving the agg bar during casting makes a difference then that's awesome.

But for those that do not have a high lvl NT you can still test it out on any lower nano init toon just by taking any long cast nano and start on full agg and move agg bar to full def during cast. Or vice versa.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

My testing so far proved the opposite, btw. I makes no difference at all in the end cast time to move the bar mid-cast. You have to move it before the cast (which allows for exploitation).
    It works in a similar way to the defense checks in the game. It checks when you activate the ability/perk and doesn't re-check later, making mongo rage on 1hb+1he enfs the brutality it currently is.

Since we'll be doing this test together in a bit as per our PM's I can use both my 220 NT with SI and on my 141 Engineer with either the 200 slayer or the 100 mechdog casts as it allows for a more complete confirmation either way.

IF my findings so far are confirmed by the test, I'll have to guess confirmation bias is at work when you guys change the bars mid-cast and, since you really want the cast to be smaller (for obvious reasons), your brain tricks you into thinking they are faster.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Oct 24th, 2014 at 00:47:20.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Hey folks!

Clicky here to see the video: http://www.twitch.tv/dywastwitch/c/5364857

Quick test can be seen here, use video's own timer if you'd like, but it should be fairly easy to what happens (or doesn't happen) by looking at the castbar alone.
    No change in cast time by changing bar mid-cast. I might test this with an inf dyna or something a bit more painful tomorrow.

Worthy of note is that aggdef bar changes are only made when you RELEASE the mouse button. So holding your mouse down and shifting it around left and right won't really accomplish anything by itself. The evades, to my experience, work the same way, so this creates a mildly exploitable scenario (it's not against the EULA in any way if you don't use a 3rd party tool to macro the mouse movement/clicks involved):

- You're fighting something/someone at full def.
    - You go full agg, release the button and click it right after (to trigger the full agg), cast the desired nano on your keyboard, drag it back and release it.
    Doing this, your cast goes off at full agg speeds and your evades were only affected by a fraction of a second if you're good and quick at it. (much, much less if you use 3rd party tools, but that's a bannable, if undetectable, offense).

Let me know if I missed something, it's almost 5am here so I'm not exactly at full capacity.

Cheers!

EDIT: Changed the URL for a permanent link to a Highlight instead of a timed part of a broadcast that won't be permanent.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Oct 25th, 2014 at 19:52:00.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>