Thread: NOT just another "Geif Detonation Matrix back!!!" thread...

Lightbulb NOT just another "Geif Detonation Matrix back!!!" thread...

While this will be another thread stating NT's need DM back, it's not going to simply be me whining or flaming Funcom. The previous bug DM had was ruining the game, and Funcom did what they had to do. I get that. But I can't help feeling like we were badly nerfed and although GIVA was adjusted, we are still. Playing NT is just not the same anymore.

I was able to use DM very briefly, so I know what it was capable of. Now, GIVA works very similarly, but when I see it hit for its minimum damage, I just can't help but think to myself "Seriously...?" Don't get me wrong, I actually really like GIVA, from a game mechanics point of view. It seems to be coded very well, comparatively speaking. The huge problem i have with it is it just doesn't do nearly as much damage as it needs to. I know others have suggested making GIVA's scaling MC requirements lower, but that is still not good enough.

Before I get too far, let's take a look at the NT profession as a whole. We are a low HP, low weapon skill, low survivability profession. We have no native heals and not a ton of help from perks. We don't have any native team buffs, but we do have team nano regen from perks. What we had with DM, though, was great damage(NOT referring to the bug! :P). Unfortunately GIVA isn't enough, so now we really don't have much to offer, considering the other shortcomings. Basically, we are a DPS-only profession that doesn't even make the top 3 professions for DPS anymore.

Keep in mind, I'm speaking from a PvM point of view. I've only PvP'ed a little with GIVA, and never with DM.

Ranting aside, I'd like to be constructive, and provide my ideas on how Funcom can make adjustments or additions to make NT more of what it should be.. A savage damage dealer that can be squashed like a bug in a heartbeat... That seems to be the original vision for NT, and it worked pretty well with DM.

Here's my suggestion:

Let's bring back DM, working similarly to how it did, but give it to TL5 NT's as the Pen Quest reward(Our Pen reward nano is just not worth the effort anyway. I say replace it completely). TL5, 6 and even early 7, NT damage is just terrible. There's really no other word to describe it. While we do have some support for pistol, our true power should be in nuking alone.

Damage wise, DM should scale exactly how it did before based on the AI DoT's running on the target. The AI DoT's should be given level locks as follows: Cellular Re-Structure - 160, Poisoned Thorns - 180, Frost Blades - 195, Magma Covering - 205, Self Illumination - 215.

The actual Damage figures should be as follows:
    Target Hit Health Energy -500 .. -500
    Target Hit Health Energy -4975 .. -8567
    if Cellular Re-Structure running
    Target Hit Health Poison -5791 .. -9874
    if Poisoned Thorns running
    Target Hit Health Cold -6582 .. -11423
    if Frost Blades running
    Target Hit Health Fire -7983 .. -13580
    if Magma Covering running
    Target Hit Health Radiation -12892 .. -17894
    if Self Illumination running

The requirements to use should be as follows:
    To Use
    User Profession == Nano-Technician and
    User Level >= 160 and
    User Matter creation >= 1200 and
    User Expansion sets & Shadowlands and
    User Specialization & Third and
    User Cyberdeck & Jobe-chipped
    Target NPC type not == 0 (this would prevent DM from being used in PvP.)

Other specifics:
    QL 175
    Crystal Nano Crystal (Detonation Matrix)
    NCU 55
    Nanocost 1589 (lower cost than GIVA. GIVA's cost makes nuking for an extended amount of time very difficult)
    School Combat
    Attack time 8s (no capped casting time)
    Recharge time 1s
    Range 40 m
    Stacking order 55
    Defense skillsNano resist 53 % (47% less than GIVA. Some high level mobs resist GIVA, which is really a bummer.)
    Attack skillsMatter creation 100 %

There are some things here which probably need clarification.
    First of all, this should require the cyberdeck to use. This is the kind of nuke that should really make an NT feel like a wizard, and true wizards don't carry pillows or use pistols

DM should have the same 8 second line cooldown as GIVA also, so there is no double nuking ability.

The casting time is NOT low purposely. This give the NT a powerful nuke that will literally take up to 220 to really perfect. This is the type of nuke that should really make an NT feel like a glass cannon, also. It gives you the flexibility to play risky. Cast quickly in Full Agg, but that puts you at much higher likelyhood of getting pancaked if you get aggro. Using the AI DoT's only is also intentional. They will always tend to have a long cast time, which again, is risky for the NT. Just standing still and casting for too long could be a life or death decision to have to make sometimes, but that adds to the fun and glass cannon-ness.

"Target NPC type not == 0" Yes... this should be a PvM only nuke. But then... where does that leave GIVA? I personally think GIVA should have a 15% chance to stun for ~4 seconds, and if it did, it would be more PvP friendly, but still have a unique PvM option too.

Overall, this would give NT's a fighting chance (literally). However, I've always said NT was a profession you had to put a lot of work into to be good, and this should not be an exception. In this situation, if you want to get DM (and you know you would), you have to work hard. If you want DM to actually be good and worth using, you have to work to at that, too. Having something for 60 levels and using it endgame really give the NT something to grow with and perfect. I bet it would even make you say to yourself out loud... "Wow DM, you're the bomb!" (har har)

What do you guys think? Does that make sense, or am i crazy? Maybe both... that's cool, too! Hahaha

I read the story, digested the rant, the reasoning, and the arguments and I have to say I fully support it.