Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any volunteers???

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    from puf's post, seems like NT's could use two nano cast bars: one for offensive nanos, one for defensive nanos.
    More like having certain nanos instant that only lock themselves out for a few seconds instead of a character-wide cooldown, just like DM/GIVA work, to make the NT more dynamic and less downtime-y. Nanos that are crucial to the profession and instacast anyway but are rarely used exactly because they lock the NT completely for too long and often aren't thought worthwhile which practically dumbs the profession down quite a bit. Stuff like roots, neural stunner, absorption layers and AI dots. All these nanos are heavily underused (if ever) in combat only because their long cooldowns make them sub-optimal to use. With current mechanics optimal NT gameplay means 90% of the time you're spamming 2 nukes; every time you don't your damage drops to zero which is unlike any other profession. Plus it's pretty boring, probably the most boring profession to play in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    All this NT talk made me play my pistol NT again...

You ( 577.395 / 199.080 / 118 / 10 / 8% / 16.325 ) on 250 PW dyna over entire fight.
    199.080 is you DPM Oo ? My NT pistol can go up to 350k atm.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    from puf's post, seems like NT's could use two nano cast bars: one for offensive nanos, one for defensive nanos.
    Well i lub tha idea xD
    I think we are the only one profession after using Def nano (guard) we can't fight anymore since couldown .....

Cheer

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    NT's are basically AO's version of a wizard.
    Wizards (by and large) are damage dealers - but they are not just artillery. They're more interesting than that, or atleast should be.
    Magic (or in our case techo-sorcery) ought in my opinion to be about power distribution; choice; fatigue and consequences.

NTs who choose carefully their nano programs with the strengths and weaknesses of their foe in mind and then go on to correctly time their nano programs - ought to have an offencive AND defencive power to rival all other professions.... for a time.
    A NT should tire from over exertion and focusing your attacks and defences to cope with a specific single or collection of foes; should leave you vulnerable to attack by opposing damage types/directions/attack types.

We should also have a toolset which reflects our nature as master manipulators of space and time - rather than just a series of ways to damage and a few token crowd control nanos; we ought to have robust utility nanolines (a variety of "spells", if you like) for aiding ourselves and others.
    Each of our then awesome nanolines should have costs in either attack time; recharge time; debuffs; lockouts; drains; risks of backfire; reagent items; etc - which mean that there can be a variety of choices in any given situation beyond just what build you've constructed.
    As an NT there should be ways to succeed and fail unlike any other profession.
    To a small extent we already can experience this, for example: You all should know that little feeling of satisfaction; when Nullity Sphere allows you to be the last man to fall (or only one to survive) a failed raid
    And lets not forget the surge of guilty pleasure when you hit something for millions of damage with the DM bug.
    Then there are failures - accidentially nuking yourself... being caught in with no nano after NG goes down... being left rooted by your foe after throwing up Nullity Sphere.

If I had may way; I'd engineer ways to make us feel that awesome / tragic all of the time. The rest of the professions do a great job at creating a "normal" gameplay experience where health/nano bars go up and down slowly as you pewpew and most of the excitement just comes from being unexpectedly trained/ganked. Most of you with multiple professions will probably attest that barely killing something on your NT that your shade could q/afk is infinitely more fun for the challenge of it.

We should be living on the edge. Explosive; challenging' exciting; dangerous and above all fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    As an NT there should be ways to succeed and fail unlike any other profession.
    Speaking of fails nothing beats the PO backfire at a crucial moment + f**k this game + double alt+f4 combo.

A possible solution to the single-threaded nano execution could simply be expanding out the use of the cyberdeck. I mean, instead of re-inventing the wheel, attacks and nanos function separately already in that situation.

This is just a quick idea i thought of, but why couldn't we just remove all SL nukes and replace them with items that can be TS'ed with the cyberdeck to "upload" a new nuke? That does leave us available to use every other nano as we want while maintaining a normal attack. Obviously, then there are RK nukes to improve our damage output, but I don't think that would be unbalanced since pretty much everything else we would cast (including RK nukes) already has an extremely long cooldown. Consider that an early TL5 crat can do similar damage to an early TL5 NT's SL nukes with just iroo (add pets/weapons, and its more like triple).

Also, since the cyberdecks are breed and gender specific, why not give a tiny bonus for that breed specifically in addition to the options with the alien chip mods? I think giving a few points here or there for more breed variability wouldn't really be too much to ask.

The cyberdeck seems like it was created with great intentions, but just not really finished...

*shrugs*
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Pretty good idea, making cyberdeck Q (attack) into the latest SL nuke you have uploaded would fix a bunch of problems NTs have.

Funcom probably doesn't really want to re-work the game's mechanics for us, and they probably do want a clear and well thought out solution to a generally agreed upon issue.

I'm looking at solving our issues in ways that they will be able to understand clearly, and be able to deliver realisticly. We have to play our cards right. This profession, and AO in general, doesn't get much of Funcom's attention, so if we are asking for tweaks, a new item, adjust a cool down, etc... They are much more likely to deliver.

In 18.7, they brought us the startup cyberdeck which actually works as a weapon. Granted, it's not perfect, but a good start. Point is, if Funcom has already made a little effort in this area, and lobbed it out to test. I think they are much more likely to expand on it if we collectively think the "cyberdeck as a weapon" idea is plausible and we can iron out the details of how it should work to present to Michi, for example.

A lot people here have been around a VERY long time. Not knocking, but Funcom is not the end all professionals in these areas, we are. We need to tell them, in detail, what we need and why, and if we do, I bet they'll be much more likely to listen.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

It's not like your suggestion would require a lot of work, they'd just have to make cyberdeck autoattack damage scale like SL nukes do. In fact most of it is copy/paste work and funcom sure do love their copypasta.

Now you see where I'm coming from!

Not even bashing Funcom, though. 18.7 has A LOT of changes, so we need to keep this simple.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

NT sure could use some new mechanics or reworking cooldowns on nanolines etc. The early nanodocuments had some nice debuffs etc on nanos. Any of those getting ingame during this decade? I remember seeing some nice initdebuffs etc with certain nukecombos so you add dazzle from the slowass starfall perkline and it means some serious nerf to other players or mobs if pvm is on the table also

Imo just change anything and most nt's will be happy but not in the way of garuk! Ppl actually went for the 3k reg at first myself included. Found out its horrible and only changed my nt perksetup back to pre-garuk stuff few days ago
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

I was thinking about the cyberdeck ... there exist 1 TS proccess splits into 2 sort of i.e the 'soul ripper' from 'Cloak of the Reanimated' ... so one could do as such ...

Instruction Disc (???) + 'X-Chip mould' => NCDMI

would give us a variety of 'NCDMI' to choice from and then you could combine 'NCDMI' + CD => NMCD

and then to change it again you do 'Disassembler Tool' or if ya want maybe the 'Soul Ripper' + NMCD => CD and NCDMI

CD == CyberDeck
    NMCD == New Modded CyberDeck (i.e Q to attack)
    NCDMI == New CyberDeck Mod Item
    X-Chip Mould == 'Circular Kyr'Ozch Chip Mold' or 'Square Kyr'Ozch Chip Mold' or 'Triangular Kyr'Ozch Chip Mold'

wouldn't require much new game mechanics (if any ) I think, just a bunch of new items and TS-receipt ?

just to clarify .. such a weapon as the 'NCDMI' already exist in form of the 'Dreadloch Combat Remodulator' which as i understand it cast's a spell ...

Effects
    On Hit Target Cast Nanite Interruption 100% chance
    Last edited by haide; Nov 11th, 2014 at 13:14:59.
    Workboy and my equip

Aggroboy
    and my equip

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    History of great experiences during Anarchy Online timeplay:

2001 - I just saw a player!
    2002 - I was in huge battle!
    2003 - I have Made first twink!
    2004 - I have made first quest in Shadowlands
    2005 - I dinged 220
    2006 - Was that an Alien? Holy Mothership...
    2007 - I own my first ql 300 CSS!
    2008 - We did Beast with just 3 guys!
    2009 - Damn, that Xan weapons LoX... erm Rox!
    2010 - Finnaly first character fully geared with all best stuff.
    2011 - Battlestations are so much zerg wars
    2012 - I have made set of twinks for new level ranges, they rocks!
    2013 - I made few 220 characters to level other characters...
    2014 - I saw a player!

Giev me remodulator effect on my nanodeck pls. It wont do crap to pvm but pvp people will be pissed
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    Thanks for your input Michizure - that is a more hopeful, positive and pro-active mission statement for the professionals system!

If that is the ideal your striving for then I'll volunteer if anyone wishes to nominate me.
    You have my vote!
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

Sorry to slightly derail a bit, but I reapplied for nt professional. I hope you all don't mind! I don't hang around forums as much as masta did, but I do still know pretty much everything there is to know about the profession throughout every title level. I also hop on test from time to time especially when something that affects nts gets released.

I had to become inactive for awhile after getting a new job and moving to a new city, but life has normalized and I'm back playing Ao quite often again!
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123