Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any volunteers???

Any volunteers???

<Mastablasta has recently resigned due to lack of time, Decembersky has been removed for inactivity.>

I don't know anyone who would want this current nightmare...

But we do need someone in the mix for notifications about upcoming changes.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Unfortunately it's first step to dead of Anarchy online ....

I'm Nt but don't think i will renews if nothing good coming (for nt and game) before April ......

Cheer
    Last edited by Tosean; Oct 18th, 2014 at 09:39:29.

Nanoinstance for nt pro!

I think any candidate would need to get a serious look at what kind of time commitment, powers and influence being a Professional would have before accepting the role.
    I could understand if it was a more community relations / minor feedback position in times past when the game had more designers and players - but given the state of the game if the Professionals can't use their years of experience of being NT to strongly influence future changes then the title is merely ceremonial.

For example recently having watched Masta being as initially appalled as the rest of us by Garuk's Improved Viral Assault didn't fill me with confidence that the Professionals are effectively utilized.

Only a masochist ( no shortage in this forum I suppose ) would want to sign up to be just a community relations officer on a ship being steered towards rocks.

I fear you give us Professionals more credit than we deserve. I've found our input to be limited at best, outright ignored in the extreme :/

Hopefully that will change with Michi tho, so that's something at least.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

For those who don't know the duties of a professional are:

1. talking to walls

That's pretty much it, good luck to our suc... err candidates!

Professionals are also expected to keep track of various forum duties, and they are expected to contribute on TestLive and coordinate some with the Bughunters.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Professionals are also expected to keep track of various forum duties, and they are expected to contribute on TestLive and coordinate some with the Bughunters.
    Thanks for clarifying for us Anarrina.

Sadly its the sort of uninspiring list of duties I expected.

Anyone want to volunteer to be our designated QA testers and forum Janitors?

You know what, if someone will pencil me in i'll give it a shot, what is life without challenges.

What's the worst that can happen? (Best Han Solo voice...I have a bad feeling about this)

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

There's very little glamour involved with being a professional it's been years since it was an active and powerful community on the forums and IRC, recently there's not been done much of anything. I figure that the problem might be that we felt we'd posted everything possible and someone probably took notes of that at FC. So to not repeat oneself ad nauseum, posting fell off.
    However, during the last changes with the DM nerf, Genele was very ready to listen and make changes to it. Of course, it wasn't much, and now Genele is no longer there, so I really have no idea what might be the future of the professionals. I know Michizure wants to make more use of it, but it does require a certain setup to accept feedback in such a way.

While I could still bring all the theoretical knowledge to the table, which'd probably be fine with how the current plans going forward look. However, I don't really have the time or the drive to do that anymore. The amount of days I've clocked in AO the last couple years is countable on one hand, after all. I guess I could've just clung on to the title, but I don't really expect things to change much. Maybe if a plan for the prof program had been published before this stuff, I'd feel more interested.

I will of course assist and support any professional if they should want it. My first advice would be to start reading old stuff
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I really have no idea what might be the future of the professionals. I know Michizure wants to make more use of it, but it does require a certain setup to accept feedback in such a way.
    AO's epitaph will one day read: "We wanted to save her; but it would have meant changing our setup."

I'd like to get Michizure's opinion on the Professional's future in this thread if that is possible. They may not have the power to actually help their professions much now but perhaps one day soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Maybe if a plan for the prof program had been published before this stuff, I'd feel more interested.
    My sentiments exactly.

Funcom employee

Sorry to be so late to the party. I am looking to tap into the Professionals quite directly to get their feedback and input on what has been done with the rebalance, and what they feel should be done/changed/added.

While I can't grant every wish/request, I'll happily consider anything that's within my power to accomplish. I also have the open feedback thread in 18.7 which I'll turn to for inspiration, though I will also like having a Professional to consult with.

So, I dunno..."Help Michizure sculpt the future of the NT profession - Become a NT Professional today!" :P
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    So, I dunno..."Help Michizure sculpt the future of the NT profession - Become a NT Professional today!" :P
    (Best Han Solo voice...I have a bad feeling about this) hahahaha

Looking at it from another perspective this could be very fun. Considering the nano balance doc from a few years ago, there is a lot of potential meat on this bone for NT's.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Sorry to be so late to the party. I am looking to tap into the Professionals quite directly to get their feedback and input on what has been done with the rebalance, and what they feel should be done/changed/added.

While I can't grant every wish/request, I'll happily consider anything that's within my power to accomplish. I also have the open feedback thread in 18.7 which I'll turn to for inspiration, though I will also like having a Professional to consult with.

Thanks for your input Michizure - that is a more hopeful, positive and pro-active mission statement for the professionals system!

If that is the ideal your striving for then I'll volunteer if anyone wishes to nominate me.

I vote for Nanofat for sure, woohooo
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Only if he starts playing again!
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

I'd love to give my input, test things out, etc.

I haven't been around as long as most here, but if there's one prof I know how to build right and play right... it's NT

Whoever our new Professional turns out to be, I hope we can all work out the kinks and short-comings NT's currently have, and the new ones 18.7 is proposing. Currently, we're kind of a profession that doesn't really shine above any others for anything other than killing hecklers by the truckload on kite hill, which is kind of a bummer.

The last thing we need now, is to be smacked down by the nerf bat again...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyhazard View Post
    Only if he starts playing again!
    I've been an NT long enough now to know to hibernate through the "bad times". Its either that or become disenchanted with your hard-earned Technowizard.
    Its like the difference between just missing someone and mourning them.
    I suspect I'll be back again in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    I suspect I'll be back again in November.
    You have been gone too long old fat friend
    Send a tell when back!
    Hawtaysboy 220/30/70 NT Komodo Director http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=200379

OS - WIN 7 Ultimate
    CPU - i7 2600k @ 3.7 GHz
    MoBo - Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3
    GPU - ASUS GTX 580 DC II x 2
    Mem - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 GB DDR 3 2133
    SSD - Intel 128 GB
    HDD - WG Digital VelociRaptor 450 GB
    PS - Thermaltake TPG 1200M

hey fellow dinosaurs
    /wave

are there any actual NT mains left ingame?
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast