Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 154

Thread: What could life in AO be like?

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    "You didn't have a problem with the system until you had a problem with individuals who manage it ergo your complaints are a reflection of your feelings towards those people and not actual criticism of the system in place."
    For sure! I think this is the most coherent thing I've heard you say since your presence on this topic. I agree 100%


    Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    I don't know many people who welcomed bans, if any at all to be honest"
    I'm sure it must be hard for you to imagine this, but some people actually have a issue being apart of something that causes harm. God forbid if someone doesn't want to be apart of foob's "fan club"

    Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    and for the most part it's just denial in attempt to somehow claim victory in a situation where they didn't exactly come out on top. If anyone really wanted to leave they could have at any moment without any fuss but when someone gets banned, suddenly starts pointing fingers at admins and calling them names it's apparent they're upset because they found themselves in a very undesirable position that they brought upon themselves.
    I'm not sure if you noticed my lack of presence on the bot weeks before I was banned, being that your a HC admin, I can't honestly expect you to be much aware of anything other then your current E-peen popularity stats.

    I had long abandoned hellcom and started reprogramming the new Iraid bot almost MONTHS before I received a ban. And the ban I did receive came much later then expected. It seems are dear foob was slow to my tricks.

    It would really help if you got the full facts before you try to troll people. This might have actually angered me if it had been correct, but sadly the only thing that makes me angry now is the lack information you had actually received. Looks like foob is telling you nothing, or you just choose to ignore it and lie anyway.
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Oct 21st, 2014 at 18:16:08.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    I know a lot of hellcom users who use other bots such as iraid and nobody ever got banned just for that. The difference between them and the occasional rebel is they know bots are there to help them so they follow very simple instructions that don't hurt anyone instead of questioning everything through drama and disinformation for the sake of getting some attention after being repeatedly asked (not shouted at, just asked) not to behave like a dick. You just have to accept what you are instead of trying to bring down a system that works just fine. I got about 6 bans on this forum and I'm still here because not once did I point my finger at others, you see it's about knowing when you crossed the line of socially acceptable behavior and apologizing instead of being stubborn about it. Nobody will ever think of you bad if you apologize but they will if you turn into an anti-establishment rebel over nothing but a bruised ego. You should think about that.
    Well, I'm an Iraid leader, never took part in the Iomni tara thing, but I was banned from Hellcom for "Disrupting the bot". I did nothing and yet I got banned. But all in all, it made me laugh, so my logon on my doc is now: [Warfang]: drop iraid leader and association with wisdomman and I'll readd you

    My association with wisdomman is we are both Iraid leaders. So yes, I have welcomed the ban and so far, it really just doesn't affect my playing AO at all whether I am in hellcom or not at this point.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    [Warfang]: drop iraid leader and association with wisdomman and I'll readd you
    One of the many prime examples. Sadly this happens way to often.

  4. #64
    I think FC should change tara to a pvm raid and fully remove pvp from it. Any pvp that has happen at tara in the last few years has been horrible 50 vs 1. Please revamp that hot piece of garbage.

    42 should be changed in a way (such as instanced key system such as city raids). This raid is HARD to get the numbers for, and the prime raiding time on the prime days are reserved to hellcom and noraid. I would also suggest to lower the requirements to spawn AC to killing 2 bosses/towers. This raid is impossible to run in usa timezone. Any usa player has no choice but to be obedient to a bot if they ever want a chance endgame acdc. I know of quite a few players that burned those bridges a long time ago and they can never get acdc.

    being banned from a bot for ganking your own side is stupid. To be 100% honest i rarely have problems with clan, but my own side of omni players is another story. But i refrain from doing to because of my point investment on a bot.

    In finishing. This war is fake, but some of yall make it too real.
    Last edited by Soju; Oct 21st, 2014 at 06:28:46.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    I think FC should change tara to a pvm raid and fully remove pvp from it. Any pvp that has happen at tara in the last few years has been horrible 50 vs 1. Please revamp that hot piece of garbage.

    42 should be changed in a way (such as instanced key system such as city raids). This raid is HARD to get the numbers for, and the prime raiding time on the prime days are reserved to hellcom and noraid. I would also suggest to lower the requirements to spawn AC to killing 2 bosses/towers. This raid is impossible to run in usa timezone. Any usa player has no choice but to be obedient to a bot if they ever want a chance endgame acdc. I know of quite a few players that burned those bridges a long time ago and they can never get acdc.
    Great input soju! This is a great opening to announce one of the many side projects kites and I are working on

    Basically we see this need of people who don't want to use point bots and also have specific time zones. So we are organizing a bot that is ran solely by the people with options to see orgs that "register" with their online numbers.

    This will allow use by anyone, and will allow orgs to "take a side" considering their online numbers are high enough. It will spam in your own org channel and auto invite you to the proper bots with easy commands.

    This should be out shortly, its expected to be out right after Ibattle.

  6. #66
    Hi, I'm not really in with the Iraid thing. What's 'ibattle' mate?
    Devil Inside

    Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Hi, I'm not really in with the Iraid thing. What's 'ibattle' mate?
    Apple's battlenet client.

  8. #68
    Funcom should shape up, and make a functioning loot system.

    And then work on creating a way to replace all the bots operating withing the games.

    Or at least provide an alternative that is operated by the actual company.


    I appreciate all the work and effort of current bot owners. But they are providing a service because that service is not being provided already. And, of course...some people abuse those system.

    I don't even know how the bots work tbh. I just know Funcom COULD do a better job, but I am not saying that they WOULD do a better job.

    Id still like to see them try.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

    Main: Herkulease

    Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Hi, I'm not really in with the Iraid thing. What's 'ibattle' mate?
    Basically a bot that sets up and pretty much single handedly runs PVP tournaments with iraid points as the awards and the bets on players/teams

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    Basically a bot that sets up and pretty much single handedly runs PVP tournaments with iraid points as the awards and the bets on players/teams
    So just to recap, HC used to be a pvp towers bot that now is also a pvm points bot, and Iraid was a pvm points bot that now also will have a pvp point system also?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

    *Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

    http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

    My Story

    Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

    Everyday I'm Shuffling.

  11. #71
    This is not the place to go into depth about bots.

    However as the developer of iraid I would love nothing more than see improvements to the game itself rather than people having to relay on third-party systems myself, don't get me wrong I love working on the bot, those that know me they can confirm this. Past 5-6 years I have spent countless hours (several thousands hours) developing maintaining and making sure the people who are in charge deserve their position. Sure like any other community we have our ups and downs, we have had good times as well as bad times. Again those that know me, know that I believe in 100% fair-play and wont let personal feelings get in-front of my decisions, I have as said spent thousands of hours not to mention thousands of dollars hosting and maintaining the bot over the years so it's more than just a small gesture I do it because I genuinely love this game.


    For more than 5 years looking at other bots claiming something as rightfully theirs that time has come to an end, they had their fun and are welcome to continue doing so, but there is no reason why they should not be capable of sharing this game in the same manner we have for several years respected their schedules. Heck we even for more than 5 years avoided getting into the pvp scene as I meant that would be game breaking however seeing that a single entity now controls that I feel that we can maybe help even the the odds, heck even Omni's complain that Tara have become a deserted place and wish Clan would appear again. And what did we get when we even mentioned it, hatred. See the irony much?


    So why does bot's exist in the first place?

    I'm sure there are many reasons but when we break it down: Primarily it's to help solve a problem, the problem being that in Anarchy Online there exist no fair way where once time can be rewarded equally, over the years due to evolution and the common user-base becoming more powerful and more players have end game equipment this has become a bit easier, however only for the people who are in the "inner-circle" (lol not the org). There are still people in this game that has no access to end game organizations, a handful of end-game friends or friends who are all online at the same time as you. You know what I'm talking about, most if not all players have been at that place at a certain time when they played this game. Either its now or in the past. (deserted org anyone?)


    I have plenty of times seen statements like these been thrown around:
    "Get a good org"
    "Spend more time"
    "Make new friends"
    "make up your own similar statement here"

    All are great suggestions but really they are all a cheap way of saying "no help here; move along". The fact is that its not that simple, the user-base is simply not there making that a viable solution for everyone. Hence bots still exist. I even existed in the category where i was not affiliated with any superior org, nor did i have end game friends, or friends who would hand me everything for almost 10 years, so I know very well how it is to be in that category myself.
    New site www.iraid.io

    Dochere____ :: 220/70/30 :: Doctor
    Kitessolja_ :: 220/70/30 :: Soldier
    Kitesengy__ :: 220/70/30 :: Engineer
    Kitesenfo__ :: 220/70/28 :: Enforcer
    Shadykites_ :: 220/60/17 :: Shade
    Cratalot___ :: 220/70/30 :: Bureaucrat
    Kitesnt____ :: 215/57/13 :: Nano-technician
    Crattykites :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat
    KItescrat__ :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat


  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochere View Post
    I have plenty of times seen statements like these been thrown around:
    "Get a good org"
    "Spend more time"
    "Make new friends"
    "make up your own similar statement here"

    All are great suggestions but really they are all a cheap way of saying "no help here; move along".
    I don't think you could get a bigger hammer to hit that nail on the head with that statement lol.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

    *Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

    http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

    My Story

    Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

    Everyday I'm Shuffling.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    So just to recap, HC used to be a pvp towers bot that now is also a pvm points bot, and Iraid was a pvm points bot that now also will have a pvp point system also?
    I know there is a lot of confusion here, and we will eventually make a forums post explaining the situation when kites months of coding are over and the stable version of the bot is actually released.

    But basically, its as follows.

    Iraid Network
    Iraid - Instanced raids on slave bots
    Iraid2/3/4/5 (and 42 bots) - PVM slave bots. Ipande/42/sectors etc
    Iomni/Iclan - Tara/PvP/Towers, faction based with its own promotions/ban but still share the same Iraid points network. (aka if you get banned here, you wont be banned for pvm)
    Ibattle - Tourney that Q up like raids, with Iraid buy in points. Top winners get all the points. The RLer will be the judge.
    (this will also keep track of wins/looses, show records, ranks, and be available to scroll though on the website)

    All these bots work in the same network, and use the same points record. You join Iraid and type !raid and it will show you all the raids running on all these bots. If you decide to join one it will automatically join you to the proper channel and add you to the raid.

    These allows multiple raids to be ran at once, so things like "tara" doesn't stop PVM. It also reduces trolling by isolating the raid from the main channel.

    Mind you, Iraid is currently not being used until kites can release a stable version, we broke the current bot with all the add ons. It couldn't share its friends list to the other bots. So it doesn't mass invite anyone when you start a raid. It becomes kinda pointless at that point.

    Also lets not forget to mention the "non points" bot that we expect orgs to use solely on their own, as another option if they want it.

    But also as kites said, we can start this post later. I just thought I would clue in a few people.
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Oct 21st, 2014 at 16:59:36.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochere View Post
    I have plenty of times seen statements like these been thrown around:
    "Get a good org"
    "Spend more time"
    "Make new friends"
    "make up your own similar statement here"

    All are great suggestions but really they are all a cheap way of saying "no help here; move along". The fact is that its not that simple.
    I think telling people how to accomplish their goals is help. If I see someone struggling then I almost always ask them about the activity level of their org. If they tell me it is dead or inactive then I suggest an org for them. Sometimes that means suggesting my own org, before we had a lower level linked org I would suggest other orgs that I knew to be active. I don't mean to simplify the problem but the reality is that most issues that people have with not being able to find raid groups can be solved with an org change because outside of Sector 42 you can do everything in game with 6 toons or less.

    That being said, I think bots serve a purpose but I don't think when people, like me, suggest an org change to someone that it is some sort of way of saying I'm not going to help you. In fact, suggesting someone join the org I'm in is in fact one of the biggest offers of help I can give. Additionally, quite often I suggest that people join AOSpeak and just hang out and team up when we're not doing official org raids. That's also offering to help them make new friends. The thing is, most people can't be bothered to put forth the effort. When that's the case, I just tell them to subscribe to neutnet/dnet and join iraid. (Which for me, is my way of saying "no help here.. move along")
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 21st, 2014 at 17:02:35.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

  15. #75
    Agree with everything you have said there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dochere View Post
    I even existed in the category where i was not affiliated with any superior org, nor did i have end game friends, or friends who would hand me everything for almost 10 years, so I know very well how it is to be in that category myself.
    This bit stood out to me perfect as it's a prime example of myself: Those who actually know me in game. I have never once asked for help regarding "fr33 stoof"...

    I have only 2 characters, a 220 crat and a 220 shade. I started this game about a year ago after a very long (5-6 years) break.. I had no access to any froob accounts so I started basically, at level 1: CRED: 0.

    Honestly, I have never had any actual in-game "friends" from my past AO life. When I started playing again 1 year ago... I met a very very nice Org known as "Core". These guys are awesome. Hands down... I was offered countless times, Creds, Items, etc etc.. And each time I was offered, I refused! I have built myself up from nothing to a (I will say it) Well known person within the game... Those who actually know me in game will understand where I am coming from.. I don't accept handouts simple. In honesty, I have borrowed CRED from 1 person only (They know who I am talking about)... And since I was loaned the cred, I have done NOTHING BUT Farm to pay that person back As soon as I can. I hate borrowing/lending... It just doesn't feel right... Hell, I've given away billions of free stuff to people because I'm a nice guy and refuse to accept anything in return. (I have give sets of Poly Pillows (4 sets I think)), There was even 1 time i gave away 4 pieces of 300 CSS because I just didn't want it.. Everything that I have on both my toons is 100% farmed/payed for by myself and nothing was ever given to me... Hell... I even gave away 4 GRACE about 2 and half months ago... Just because I hate seeing the population get worse day by day....
    220/28/70 Crat : Rastacraty (My 1st paid and 220 <3 )
    220/30/70 Shade : Rastasshadow (My 2nd paid toon and a nice experiment )

    Any questions contact me in game : I am 9/10 times on my shade and am on almost every day!

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I think telling people how to accomplish their goals is help. If I see someone struggling then I almost always ask them about the activity level of their org. If they tell me it is dead or inactive then I suggest an org for them. Sometimes that means suggesting my own org, before we had a lower level linked org I would suggest other orgs that I knew to be active. I don't mean to simplify the problem but the reality is that most issues that people have with not being able to find raid groups can be solved with an org change because outside of Sector 42 you can do everything in game with 6 toons or less.

    That being said, I think bots serve a purpose but I don't think when people, like me, suggest an org change to someone that it is some sort of way of saying I'm not going to help you. In fact, suggesting someone join the org I'm in is in fact one of the biggest offers of help I can give. Additionally, quite often I suggest that people join AOSpeak and just hang out and team up when we're not doing official org raids. That's also offering to help them make new friends. The thing is, most people can't be bothered to put forth the effort. When that's the case, I just tell them to subscribe to neutnet/dnet and join iraid. (Which for me, is my way of saying "no help here.. move along")
    Good post here Jill, and I do agree. When I invite a new person in my org, I know they are there for good, and the help they need can be obtained. It is in essence the BEST thing you could do for anyone. The bots should ALWAYS be secondary, for use at non peak times, or dead hours.

    My feelings on AOspeak is so mixed. I love the idea of all of us using the same server, however. The hands free talk being removed has really migrated the users to using their own TS's again. I wish we could all agree and just use the same one, or make it "a room only decision". I have to say myself, that since i've tried hands free and see how well it works, I can't be bothered to use AOspeak at all anymore.

    I have a wireless headset and its just stupid to have to press a button every time i Talk. This kinda brought the AOspeak server to its knees.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomman View Post
    My feelings on AOspeak is so mixed. I love the idea of all of us using the same server, however. The hands free talk being removed has really migrated the users to using their own TS's again. I wish we could all agree and just use the same one, or make it "a room only decision". I have to say myself, that since i've tried hands free and see how well it works, I can't be bothered to use AOspeak at all anymore.

    I have a wireless headset and its just stupid to have to press a button every time i Talk. This kinda brought the AOspeak server to its knees.
    I went ahead and posted on AOSpeak forums to ask why that option was removed. I never used it but I agree with what you're saying in that I've had numerous people ask why that option isn't available.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I went ahead and posted on AOSpeak forums to ask why that option was removed. I never used it but I agree with what you're saying in that I've had numerous people ask why that option isn't available.
    It was removed cause of the awful feedback you get when you use it without a headset. People really didn't care who they annoyed with it.

    So the solution was to take it out.

    I can't really be that upset. it's hes server and he can run it as he wishes. However, the idea becomes redundant when people are going out of their way to make their own just to have that feature back.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    So just to recap, HC used to be a pvp towers bot that now is also a pvm points bot, and Iraid was a pvm points bot that now also will have a pvp point system also?
    That's about the gyst of it I think! Let's be annoyed with a bot system and rant a bit about it, only to go replace it with something with the same pitfalls & issues. Yeeeah, I see how that might work /sarcasm off.

    Hellcom has been a community run bot for many years now & over those years I've seen people that are unwilling or unable to follow some simple rules that benefit everyone involved in said system, who instead choose to rile up against them and cause as much drama as they're able to. Nothing really different in this instance either btw.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

    Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomman View Post
    It was removed cause of the awful feedback you get when you use it without a headset. People really didn't care who they annoyed with it.

    So the solution was to take it out.

    I can't really be that upset. it's hes server and he can run it as he wishes. However, the idea becomes redundant when people are going out of their way to make their own just to have that feature back.
    Yep, I just saw his reply on AOSpeak forums. The thing is, that feedback issue still happens when someone is not using a headset, even with PTT. I guess I also don't get how it was a big problem when everyone has the option of making a passworded channel to use and org channels.. well that definitely shouldn't be an issue with your orgmates (unless you're in an org of people that are inconsiderate.. then that's an issue teamspeak rules can't fix).

    But yeah, good to know.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •