Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 200 pvp prof for bs: fix, ma, or keep?

Quote Originally Posted by scrumm View Post
    A fixer with hawk+onehader wont do enaught dmg for BS...and 1min and 30s FA ...is crap for BS. AS will cap 1/10,1min recharge on perks(wich does max 5k dmg) and 5mins recharge on good perks.Mobility is the only upside u get as fixer.
    On the other side HEOT keeper is what ur looking for...strong hits/strong offence/medium defence and id say super fast alpha. During alpha CD u still can hit 1k/hit..wich is alot in my opinion.Downside is...hes rootable and weak vs ranged prof(but ill recall..only soldier can actully kill u)
    ya... this is exactly the points I was going to bringup yesterday.

* FA on fixer is the kill shot, and takes a while to recharge
    * If FA is down... GL killing anyone

Whereas on keeper, for example, your alpha is back every 65 seconds, (80 if you want pain lance), but you can put out a lot of damage even if your alpha isn't up.

When I played my 170 keeper you can actually out damage some profs healing capability just by inflicting heavy normal damage and even make a kill with a fast attack+brawl+wrath. It's not the most reliable, and it will only work vs weaker players, but it IS possible. With a 275 wolf at 170 playing against profs like crat/engi/fixer/MA/advy/MP/agent sometimes, you can do enough damage without alpha that things start to look grim for them without landing a perk.

so out of those 3 choices keeper seems like the best option.

anyone have experience with or against soldiers in 200bs? im between sold and keeper right now
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Are solds any good at lvl 200? I have a 150 twink that wasnt used for like 2 years and wont ever be again i think. Is lack of evades problematic for them when it comes to pvm inside s7? Can they tank everything with just support healer like an advy when there is no doc available?
    Last edited by Ciex; Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:11:00.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Solds are OK in "general pvm" and on BS.
    However when it comes to S7 they are not very usefull unless you have a team with Doc and some calmer.

Bosses in S7 do certain "tricks" Leech use AoE charm that forces players (affected) to attack other players.
    Maid spawns guardians who should not be killed but mezzed (if you kill 1 guardian then 2 new will spawn). I saw Enfo using fear on guardians and it also worked.
    Tower does not require any special nanos so Sold there just adds to dammage and is OK.
    With Technician the biggest issue is charging tower which when active gives a huge bonus to attacks of spider so AMS can be very handy (without it it hits like a truck and hardly ever miss).
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

TL;DR what is your play style and how much effort/credits are you going to spend on this? Do you mind being rooted? Is pvm really a concern, as I don't give much consideration to this?

I know this is a strange concept in Anarchy Online, but level 200 pvp is actually reasonably balanced.

More or less, any finished twink is going to beat any casual pvp toon, so lets limit it to only compareing finished pvp twinks of each profession. When determining what profession to play, I recommend asking yourself, how much do I like standing still? If you hate being rooted somewhere, right off the bat you shouldn't make a shade, and likely shouldn't roll a melee profession as keepers and MAs also suffer from this. If difficulty to twink/time/effort/credits are of no concern, pick the profession that you think best goes with your play style. Some professions are better at 1v1 fights, some better at team play, and there is even some "x" profession will almost always beat "y" profession. But the major difference in most professions is the effort required to achieve that top tier of pvp performance, though each profession eventually reaches it at level 200.

I would argue that the professions that are easiest to be competitive on are enforcer, NT, agent, and soldier. Likely in that order, though soldier will take noticeably more effort than the others to reach that highest tier of performance. Traders are sort of in their only category just under the top four only because they are hard to keep alive against some of the high AR and large alpha professions. Then come fixer, melee advy, keeper, and MA. These all have their ups and downs such as unreliable alpha or being rootable as others have pointed out, but they are all comparable, and similar in effort to twink. Finally we are left with crat, doctor, engi, MP, and shade. Some of these are not so much difficult to twink, but difficult to find a setup suitable to you. An easy example is Jeonas's 200 crat Imez. His crat is incredibly powerful and well put together, but he uses a very defensive and low damage setup, something that is certainly not for everyone. Others are just a pain to twink such as shades that want to equip medi-blade. For personal reasons I would separate out ranged adventures because a twitch pistol setup is its own beast entirely. All of these perform very well if you put in the time/effort/credits.

My personal suggestion for you, which is worthless without knowing your play style, is MA. You can get a very solid alpha, as well as constant damage, and still have UAWOS to get out of roots. Personally I knowingly over value crowd-control removers because I don't like being rooted. Fixers suffer from low alpha reliability, keepers get rooted, MAs are somewhere between them. From how you have responded to other people, I don't think soldiers or traders would fit your play style well and wouldn't perform in pvm. Shades suffer from a lot of up front twink work and being easily rooted. NTs and agents are boring to play (I know this is a personal opinion but everything here is). Doctors and shield MPs do very little damage, and a tigress MP will die very quickly. A melee advy could also be a good middle road with the root resist buffs and decent NR support. You may want to look into engineers more, depending on play style they could be fun as well. Engineers suffer vs melee professions though so engineers are more of a team pvp profession than MAs. Enforcers are lame, don't roll one.

Finally, keep in mind how much of the research grind you are willing to do. Some professions and setups require vastly more level 10 research levels than others. If you don't want to spend 100 hours doing inferno missions just to have competitive level 200 pvp twink, you need to think about this before you start.

in terms of playstyle, i think i want something that is able to gank in rapid succession (15-30sec alpha maybe?) with decent defence/survivability. and im not a big fan of being rooted, no.

so considering that, i guess im trying to decide between a sold,agent,ranged advy or nt? so any input on these 4? (i was kindof seriously thinking about soldier earlier)

and i guess the thread title is completely irrelevant now, oh well :P
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

so, anyone have more info on the bs performances of solds and agents? :P

agents are kill machines.

I have a 200 agent in all HP/nanocost gear and it's easymode kills.

If I cared one iota about him I'd probably do some twinking... I was considering a HD setup since he's got CR uploaded but it just seems like a bit of a waste of effort as he seems to perform very well with minimal effort.

I put a QL 275 cobra on him, ofab/Ejathos mix + a IGPH, about 230-250 symbs/implants mix from level 170, and basically you got monster AS with a 11s recharge with a 275 scope in, and with appropriate buffs can occasionally make a kill with just procs+fling+AS+1 normal. Add CS/feast/fuzz/SO and you got yourself a potent alpha that has quite a reasonable chance to hit.

People it doesn't work on is high evade profs like MA/advy/crat/fixer etc but you can easily play FP doc to survive for a very long time while pew pewing.

The only time you run into problems is facing 2+twinks at once, or if a doctor weasels you with a UBT. Traders can screw you up badly, but generally are your PVP points if you get the jump on him.

From sneak you can kill anyone except enforcer or soldier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12