Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200 pvp prof for bs: fix, ma, or keep?

200 pvp prof for bs: fix, ma, or keep?

title pretty much says it all. i want to roll a toon to dual log with my crat in s7, but thats secondary.

the question is, which of these profs is better in 200 bs?
    im heavily leaning towards fixer right now
    (also, how about trad?)
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

My pvp experience with 200 keeper, in a pvm setup mind you:

No evades, you will eat entire FAs. Maybe this will change with deflect, but it sounds like they are going to revamp that so who knows. Anti-root aura didn't seem to help much, I didn't perk anti-root so I don't know how much that would help. Needless to say, if you're rooted you are helpless. You get a ton of HP and other kinds of defense, but not a ton of offense. I had good AR but not enough to hit evade profs with acrobat running. You also don't get enough of an alpha to kill healers.

Mainly I had enough HP to last a decent amount of time in fights, but with no real way to heal all that HP it was only a matter of time before most people would kill me. Out of the bunch you posted though, I think keeper would be the best pvm choice. I did run into a keeper I swear was piercing, using Vipers, and he flattened me. But that would give up most of your pvm damage capability.

TL;DR I'm sure a pvp expert in a pvp setup could own with a 200 keeper, but since I was neither I had mixed success.

Edit: in case this helps, this is my setup. You can imagine all the ways you'd change it for pvp.
    Last edited by Tryptophy; Oct 19th, 2014 at 21:47:40.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

For s7 dual log fixer works best (ncu, add dam , HoT) s for BS it is a bit ifferent story ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

yea as i said, s7 use is secondary, i can make any prof work with crat as crat is alrdy strong in there.

what i want, is a prof that is strong in bs. so is fixer not good/fun in 200 bs? what aout shade?
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

agent is probably strongest in 200 BS. Agent is just gank city.

There are lots of profs that can take you down... but they have to be alive to do it. And most people freak out when they don't even know they are being attacked until their HP is at 10-15% and you still have three more perks queued.

But agent is a bit tricky because it's not a prof you'd pull around. agent is really a 1 man show.

Imo, if you want to pull something around with you you're best off choosing a prof that will:

1. can use the aura your crat brings
    2. can supplement the aura your crat brings

So, the obvious choices are:

keeper with own AAO/AAD aura (and healing)
    advy with own evades aura (and healing)

Advy seems to me the ideal choice because imo you just do not want to mix melee+ranged. Way better to be working with the same specials so you get them on the same CD (the benefits should be obvious).

Btw, im not going to dual log this toon in bs. Im looking for a toon to solo some bs and since it takes forever to make a 200 twink, i want it to be fun to play, aka somewhat overpowered

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    Btw, im not going to dual log this toon in bs. Im looking for a toon to solo some bs and since it takes forever to make a 200 twink, i want it to be fun to play, aka somewhat overpowered
    Shade is awesomely fun in 200 bs, my shade is only 199 with some 300 ofab and such, but he's still very powerfull with a awesome dmg perks. I can literally drop a doctor without even using my strongest perks. It has good defense, and when you build it perfectly, you will have ****loads of fun with it!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Shade is fun but completly useless for dual loging with Crat in S7 as both characters requires a lot of atention during play. To make things worse Shade have zero buffs or auras that will help your crat.

My advice is Fixer.
    Well built fixer twink can be very sucessfull in BS, hard to kill and quite good damage/alpha.
    As for dualing with crat in S7 thats what I do
    You only team your crat and fixer, buff NCU (if neded) then GSF, H&Q, damage buff and leave it sitting by the entrance door.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Shade is fun but completly useless for dual loging with Crat in S7 as both characters requires a lot of atention during play. To make things worse Shade have zero buffs or auras that will help your crat.

My advice is Fixer.
    Well built fixer twink can be very sucessfull in BS, hard to kill and quite good damage/alpha.
    As for dualing with crat in S7 thats what I do
    You only team your crat and fixer, buff NCU (if neded) then GSF, H&Q, damage buff and leave it sitting by the entrance door.
    I have a 200 froob fixer that I do the same thing with, no need to bring it into S7. Do that, then bring a prof that is actually useful on top of that, like keep (or adv, apparently). Only downside is having to return to RK for rebuffs after each run (or a few runs if you only kill leech).
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Unless you are using some multiboxing software playing 2 characters inside S7 is close to impossible (at least for me).

Very often there is no time to alt-tab to another window so from my point of view I play solo Crat in S7.
    It is especially important when you kill technician aka spider. There is just too many things you have to do very fast and alt-tabing to another window = wipe (when charging tower becomes active)

So I dual log only for 2 reasons:
    1. S7 is team instance and you have to be teamed (with anybody, even froob) to enter. That is exactly the same mechanics as Dark Ruins in Adonis or even instanced Pandemonium, but in case of Pandemonium you not only have to team anybody but also "convert it to raid"
    2. As I have to be teamed I prefer to have a profesion with some usefull buffs, in my case I chose fixer. However I know some ppl have a whole "army of buffing froobs" and take buffs from few froobs before going inside.

This is why I advocate for keep, just leaving it parked somewhere nearby keeps the auras refreshing and you don't really need to play it to get a lot of use out of it. In the end fixer might be better for pvp, so it will end up being a personal choice, I guess.

Pshhh any proff can work at 200, just what play style suits you.

guys ty all for the help but honestly, i want the discussion to be about which prof is stronger in 200 bs, not which is better to dual log in s7. i go there maybe twice a month, if that. im just trynna make an excuse for 200 twink, 90% of what i care about is doing well in bs.

You'll have alot of fun with fixer or keeper to be honest. With a keeper you gotta go balls out otherwise its not **too** viable. Fixers do quite well in the 200 BS, only have to look out for enfos or nt's mostly and the alpha is nasty
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

IMO out of the profs you listed, and if I had time to do a 200 I'd go for MA or keep.

But have you thought about engi? Might be a nice dual for you both in Pvm and pvp. Crazy OP auras, insane DD, great AR, fair defences.
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

yea im already leaning heavily towrads a fixer. but my concern with that is its alpha. i mean its not a secret that fixers dont have good dmg, would i have enough of an alpha at 200 to drop people rapidly?

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    yea im already leaning heavily towrads a fixer. but my concern with that is its alpha. i mean its not a secret that fixers dont have good dmg, would i have enough of an alpha at 200 to drop people rapidly?
    Only if you dual wield smg + rk AS pistol lol.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Only if you dual wield smg + rk AS pistol lol.
    This is what I saw people do. Put on a Hawk and you get burst and fullauto, AS from the other hand.

i guess what i want, is a cookie cutter prof, that i can kill people really quickly with, and dont die every 2 kills.

i know nt would be the first answer to that, with trips or double n stuff, but the nerf is inevitable to that, the question is when.

some1 said agent before, but i know they die easy as well.

what about soldier? anyone have experience with soldier?
    Last edited by EmperorOfMAnkind; Oct 22nd, 2014 at 10:31:03.

A fixer with hawk+onehader wont do enaught dmg for BS...and 1min and 30s FA ...is crap for BS. AS will cap 1/10,1min recharge on perks(wich does max 5k dmg) and 5mins recharge on good perks.Mobility is the only upside u get as fixer.
    On the other side HEOT keeper is what ur looking for...strong hits/strong offence/medium defence and id say super fast alpha. During alpha CD u still can hit 1k/hit..wich is alot in my opinion.Downside is...hes rootable and weak vs ranged prof(but ill recall..only soldier can actully kill u)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast