Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduce first hit wins loot, not highest damage % ? or maybe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Clan player A aggros clan guard, roots/snares inside Omni tower field... watches fireworks. Difference is since clan player is "tagged" as the attack initiator, no server side record of Omni players attacked, and if there is it would look like the Omni player tried to kill steal and failed since clan player still gets loot rights.

In fact we can take it another step, let me drag my lvl 300 AI boss straight over to my player city guards to kill for me and I ftw profit. Every player city will have guard house now parked right next to controller.

Or s10 let me just drag all these "tagged" mobs to the guards.

S13 how about I just fence the mobs at the end and loot at leisure? Or just have 2-3 players drop unicorns on top of the AOE boil blood "tagged" general or other mobs anywhere in the zone? Probably not a way to program out the axp from that but still give you first hit loot rights.

Or let me attack mob A and "tag" it, then charm it then allow it to almost die pvm, release charm and whack it so I can still loot it.

Can I tag mobs and make them fight each other and still loot both? Sided mobs in particular that accidentally heal you and get agro etc.

Can you not see how far down the rabbit hole this could go? This is just the tip of a big ice burg.

I know you like to call me a Mensa, but for 2 years I was a paid play game tester for TSR, Microprose, FASA, and WoTC, it was my job to have a "Big Picture" mentality that yea, most players don't get and take things to the most crazy outcome or most logical conclusion. I was paid to try and break games and find flaws in game play.

At the end of the day, sure there are ways to program around game abuse mechanics, but the company is going to ask is it worth the trouble of introducing something that has to have a dozen work arounds to keep it from breaking something else. That's the "Mensa Big Picture" Devs and programmers have to deal with.

Do you honestly think with everything else on their plates THIS is going to get priority or even a serious look? Only for them to have to constantly monitor how it can be abused and patch around it...weekly. It's too much work imo.
    You missed the second line of what I wrote

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Tricky to code but as is :- sided guards/other sided npc (with enough faction in SL) only attack opposing sided players on sight (rather than when agroed)
    So agro does not break following attack from other attacking player for 2mins unless a)player zones (as is) b)dies (as is) c)enters 100% gas (as is), unless another player attacks, and then inherits agro.
    So you pull a guard into a tower field, guard returns to spawn as it would now.

People solo lvl 300 city generals they don't need help from guards

s10 don't know never bothered with that instance, it's heavily farmed by twinks anyway

s13 environment damage (gates etc) cancels all loot and xp

Calming after agro resets the system.

Neither of know how much is on someone else's plate, or what is simple to implement or not

But given your past experience and big picture view, what is your solution to kill stealing ?
    Last edited by Caloss2; Oct 21st, 2014 at 00:53:14.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

kill stealing is a valid method of loot acquisition.

Reference: RK pande wars.
    Reference: Tara wars.

It ain't pretty, but the game is CALLED Anarchy Online... It's only the players who QQ about losing loot. Mechanics are like: you win/you lose. They don't care.

If you want to win loot, bring your buddy and both do the 500k DPM setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    So you pull a guard into a tower field, guard returns to spawn as it would now.

People solo lvl 300 city generals they don't need help from guards

Calming after agro resets the system.
    I will just touch on these points.

1. A rooted opposite side faction guard will agro on site players if it's initial target goes out of range, similar to borgs just attacking anyone in range. If towers attack the guard while in the field the guard will defend itself and attack back.

2. Yea a 220 endgame toon can solo a city general, but that is not the point. Toons lvl 1-219 just get to pop the general and still get loot while city defenders kill it for profit with this system. Very little risk all reward.

3. Not all calms reset agro, even under those circumstances, a lot of pissed of crats/nt/trad that calm mid fight to heal would QQ about the reset.

As far as kill stealing, that has been a recognized game play mechanic since the time of CZ and Means. I don't think you can change it or fix it. There are too many encounters where DD wars are expected. Think about the desert rider every year how would that play out if I park a lvl 100 froob and just ding the mob for 1pt dmg first while the raid team of 220's actually kills it? Then I get the loot on a mob I've only done 1pt of dmg to? How would that even make sense?

In all honesty you can't police MB. You can't ban it and you can't prevent it. EVERYTHING that MB does has been and is already being done with SCRIPTS. MB is just a nice package that puts it all together. It's a simple matter to make a /follow %2 script/macro, /assist and keybind through windows. Anyone with $$$ can buy an expensive keyboard/dual/triple picture in picture monitor/flatscreen setup that does the same thing also. There are apps that can let you use your phone IR sensor for a keyboard/mouse substitute. There is no way to stop players from using multiple toons at same time. MB just shaves time off the action times is all from alt-tab "action" x6 to a few keystrokes. Just remember basic programming knowledge can make scripts in windows to do the same thing. MB is like "Windows scripting for dummies". Just all neatly packaged for the player.

In pvm you either have to multi log yourself, bring friends, or come back later when that guy/gal leaves. If I have multiple toons parked at a dyna and I alt-tab and hit Q then /afk there is not a snowballs chance any single toon will OD me. You better be paying for multiple accounts also.

In pvp there are a dozen ways to screw over MB players, or to at least frustrate them enough to make it not worth doing. Super long snares, epsilon purges just to name a few nuisance nanos that come to mind. If you focus on hindrances instead of kills, the pressure is now on the MB player to wait out debuffs on multiple toons or rebuff multiples every time they show up. Now the frustration is placed on them and not you. Sooner or later they will get frustrated and/or make a mistake, that's how you build a better mouse trap. Remember they are not trying to kill you, only escape. Let them escape but annoy the crap out of them for doing it.

But here is the joke...I looked at the MB stuff and 99% of the people don't realize there is a keylogger Trojan hidden in it. Sooner or later you are going to hear a bunch of people on froob accounts QQ they got their pay accounts hacked. Ooops did I say that out loud?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

But here is the joke...I looked at the MB stuff and 99% of the people don't realize there is a keylogger Trojan hidden in it. Sooner or later you are going to hear a bunch of people on froob accounts QQ they got their pay accounts hacked. Ooops did I say that out loud?
    LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4

And lets leave it there.

Ah good old Cz wonder where he is now
    http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...s/Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by Caloss2; Oct 21st, 2014 at 18:53:16.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Care to explain that a little bit? Which MB software, what Trojan etcetc.
    I for one would like to know more of that (assuming it's true ofc). Also, I don't recall anywhere in the setting up, or the use of any MB software where I've had to enter any account information other than a character name.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

How is that a joke, in order to process key presses there needs to be a keylogger.
    Oops, did I say that out loud ?

On a serious note, did you wireshark (something similar) it ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

But here is the joke...
    No It was a total joke. That's how rumors are started.

I just tried to imagine how many people would read it and go into panic mode. It was funny in my mind when I was typing it.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

No It was a total joke. That's how rumors are started.

I just tried to imagine how many people would read it and go into panic mode. It was funny in my mind when I was typing it.
    It was still funny on the page, at least to me.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Freor View Post
    Problem with separate loot for all damagers is that the boxer gets 6x loot, normal player 1x. I'm not sure if that 6:1 is better than 1:0 in the long run... depends on the items camped i suppose.
    That's a non-issue really. They do pay for multiple accounts after all and it's completely fair, it's not like they get those better chances for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    That's a non-issue really. They do pay for multiple accounts after all and it's completely fair, it's not like they get those better chances for free.
    Despite the ethical dilemma I have with 1 person control a mini army, I do find this point has significant merit.

Kill stealing is not a huge issue in ao (even as some1 whos in s10 alot) except for the big bosses on a spawn timer and biggest dps SHOULD win those imo
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12