Thread: Shade, CC vs CSS

Shade, CC vs CSS

Which is better for shade? CC or CSS?

Is this a serious question? Or do you mean CS not CSS?

If you do mean CS. It honestly depends on if you're PvPing or not.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

None of the above
    I would consider a mix of CM, Ofab, SoS, BSoD etc...
    Full set of alien armour is not the best option for most of professions (including shades)...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

full ql300 css on shade is the best social
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

I asked this same question some time ago on Dnet, For pretty much every spot there is a better piece of evade armor available for shades.

so CSS is a no-no, CS potentialy, CM other spots, and like Awikun said... Ofab, SoS, BSoD, etc. Those are all better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

But what about my AR? If I wear BSCOD and SoS, etc. sure my evades are good but I wouldn't be able to hit anyone without high AR. I'm a Opifex Shade btw, not Trox.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDave View Post
    But what about my AR? If I wear BSCOD and SoS, etc. sure my evades are good but I wouldn't be able to hit anyone without high AR. I'm a Opifex Shade btw, not Trox.
    Then you are going to have to play shade like it was intended, and make sacrifices. CC and OFAB gloves are best for AR.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by LeDave View Post
    Which is better for shade? CC or CSS?
    This brings me back to keepers pre-LE
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

CSS is good AR to evade ratio, and it'll work if you're trox.

You will be losing a lot of add damage however, making your burst less effective.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Just a reminder this is PVP set-up and not a PVE. In this case, would you prefer CC or SE OFAB helmet for this?

EDIT: Also a reminder, I'm a Opifex.
    Last edited by LeDave; Sep 28th, 2014 at 00:28:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    CSS is good AR to evade ratio, and it'll work if you're trox.

You will be losing a lot of add damage however, making your burst less effective.
    wut. Burst on a shade? On another note though, I would think its a mix of CM+ofab+other stuffs like bscod and sos, try to balance out evades, hp, and ar.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    wut. Burst on a shade? On another note though, I would think its a mix of CM+ofab+other stuffs like bscod and sos, try to balance out evades, hp, and ar.
    Sorry, I meant burst as in alpha. Amount of damage in a short time.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer

I'm still confused why someone would give up the AAD on CC or the AAD+HP on CM to put on CSS for....the inits?

Evadez, AAO, potentialy Aimedshot weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Same amount of AAO from CC, right? And you get the aimed shot support. I think shades don't benefit from wearing CSS for the extra couple evades. They have a lot already, plus the added from CC/CM whichever they choose.

Can someone give me supple because i came back and I'm opi with no ai armor and strong bots... what's going on.
    220 Shade "Dominating"
    164 Enforcer "Solutions"

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    Same amount of AAO from CC, right? And you get the aimed shot support. I think shades don't benefit from wearing CSS for the extra couple evades. They have a lot already, plus the added from CC/CM whichever they choose.
    I know it works exceptionally well on enforcers, but that might just be because they try to push every last bit of evades.