Thread: MP Lover Considering Coming Back

Question MP Lover Considering Coming Back

Hi All,

I've played off and on over many years, always never making it too far and starting over. Tried all of the professions and MP is still my favorite, even though I found it harder to play than some of the other profs.

My question is this: is it worth coming back, even though I'm essentially starting from scratch? All I have is a lvl 50ish mp with minimal gear and nothing in my bank pockets (lost my old acct where I managed to scrape up 8m credits). I can't afford to buy implants, much less make my custom imps.

So my question is this: do you objectively think it's worth my time coming back to this gem? One idea for value is the concept of being more socially active (this is my first post, though I first started playing in the mid 2000's). How else do you make the game enjoyable?

Welcome back!

The player population isn't as high as it was a few years back, but the game itself has improved since then. It is easier to level thanks to daily missions now, and there have been a number of small improvements that have added up. It can be tough to get going again starting from scratch. I would recommend finding a good org - just having friends who can answer questions and help you figure things out is invaluable. MP is a very good profession up until about level 150, but like all professions, decent gear helps.

While I hate to suggest it, buying something in the real-money in-game store that sells for a lot in the GMS (pick something on sale for the best bang for your buck) is the quickest way to get enough credits to get good gear.

Barring that, basic armor missions are always good, and if you level up until you can cast quantum wings you won't need a yalm (which cost quite a bit to a player just getting started). http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...ides%2F&pid=45 is a good guide to the basic armor missions. They take time whether you're rich or poor, and are actually quicker to do at low levels oddly enough (in two parts low level players don't need to travel as far), and the basic armor is needed for crafting AI armor, which for many setups is the best possible. Basic armor farming was a tip someone gave me here in the MP forum when I was level 50 or so and starting out myself, and probably the single most valuable bit of AO advice I've gotten.

As far as making the game enjoyable, what did you like to do when you played last? It's quite an individual thing what makes AO fun - it's a bit of a sandbox game.

Wow, wasn't expecting such a quick reaponse! I generally conduct solo pvm play, but I greatly enjoy team based excursions be it leveling in SL, tackling challenging LE missions, or just exploring RD dungeons and the world abroad. I never tried basic armor farming, but I most likely will check it out. I previously ran clicksaver, but I don't have the capacity to afk play much anymore. I'm either at home ready to play, or not playing at all.

I'll check out the daily missions. My money is going to be very tight because I love using creation Nanos as well.

I'll probably update today....cheers!

Glad to help . Clicksaver is still the best way to get several nanos unfortunately. One other note: Be sure to get all the goodies from ToTW before leveling past 60. A lot of that stuff is useful for 20-40 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Glad to help . Clicksaver is still the best way to get several nanos unfortunately. One other note: Be sure to get all the goodies from ToTW before leveling past 60. A lot of that stuff is useful for 20-40 levels.
    Justinsane savin the day Also, you may also use Mishbuddy for rolling nanos, since many people (me) have problems in making clicksaver works on newer patchs.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Justinsane savin the day Also, you may also use Mishbuddy for rolling nanos, since many people (me) have problems in making clicksaver works on newer patchs.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check out Mishbuddy. Did MPs get access to cast neuronal stimulator? It seems that my previously favorite site, Auno.org, might not up to date. What are people using these days for item databases?

*Edit: Came across aoitems. Seems pretty cool.
    Last edited by BangleTiger; Oct 23rd, 2014 at 20:36:47.

2 things,

1. clicksaver will work fine as long as you load it up or "run" it before you start AO.

2. auno will probably be more familiar to you and it is still usable until 18.7 goes live

You can use aoitems site, or the testlive version tl.aoitems to see what new stuff is "potentially" coming to live servers but no guarantee they will make it to live servers. So I would not take the test live version as gospel. There are some new changes for MP's that are not 100% set in stone yet until they are on live so be wary of planning around testlive versions of nanos etc.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Duly notes Psikie

Man, this forum experience is definitely encouraging my return. Managed to snoop around Nascence yesterday and track down good ol' Ergo. Another 1hb NM Neut MP on the rise

Send me a tell in game on Psiscout ill be on tonight in about an hour from now.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Send me a tell in game on Psiscout ill be on tonight in about an hour from now.
    Ah think I missed you...

Bangle, bit late here but there's a link in my signature to the stickied thread that is the Little MP Guide. Pretty sure X's Big MP Guide wound up dying out but the one I wrote is probably getting close to obsolete but is still good for the moment.

I returned last month and was very suprised how lively AO feels. Whenever i log in it feels good and i can get any buff that i like when i ask around. The only downside to 10 yrs back for me right now are the prices which are sometimes just ridiculous but overall feels like a very healthy game to me
    After 10+ years i still dont know what im doing.