Thread: Idea for xp-missions

Idea for xp-missions

Kill 4 zodz = 201-215
    Kill all portal-mobs 215-220

we get more phatz and more fun

(and add beast clear pf for 220's)

Not sure what to do with inf-missions but it seems ado/pen is too easy for 160-200.

People already do that stuff all the time. They team up and kill the Zodiacs and portal mobs and even announce their cleared playfield on Dnet and other bots. The incentive to do it is the phats but not the xp.

You should suggest "xp-missions" that can be done solo and that should lead you to other areas and mobs and not to a playfield where everybody goes.

That could be your basic "kill x number of mobs" mission. Kill spiders in Scheol. Kill spirits in Adonis. Kill one of that damn parasites in the lagoon if you like. Kill underwater spiders. Think about the huge number of mobs in Penumbra. Kill some dragons in Inferno. etc.

There are a great number of areas on RK (and less in SL) with buildings. You could make many daily missions that would lead you into "enemy territory" (like Extraction). You could spy on some NPCs. You could explore buildings and get stuff (similar to "find item" RK missions). You could infiltrate a community and sabotage something.

Honestly, I find it quite amusing that you cannot think of other things to do but "inf missions" and "kill zodiacs".
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    People already do that stuff all the time. They team up and kill the Zodiacs and portal mobs and even announce their cleared playfield on Dnet and other bots.
    What I have experience is that zod's are skipped. So you got to get some friends if you want other zod.

Honestly, I find it quite amusing that you cannot think of other things to do but "inf missions" and "kill zodiacs".
    Have suggested more pvm-content for 170- 200 twinks. I hate SL tho.

Aslo think is not balanced for players under 205 to level with tl7.

The reason behind this is to produce more symbs and lewt from the 3 other zods that is not killed + get xp. The rk-missions was like that. It had more variation than just 'zerg' and also a very big loot-table. You got a looot of items, some credits and xp in one go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    What I have experience is that zod's are skipped. So you got to get some friends if you want other zod.
    The raidbots do the Zods all the time.

Have suggested more pvm-content for 170- 200 twinks. I hate SL tho.
    Well, in this thread you suggested only things for levels 201+ in SL.

Aslo think is not balanced for players under 205 to level with tl7.
    So why do you suggest missions that WILL BE done with the help of a few 220s?

(Instanced) Pande is not level locked. Whenever toons reach level 160 they will go to inferno and wait for inf missions or get dragged around by their main toons. Do you think this will change? As soon as a level 201 pulls your suggested mission they will ask their 220 friends to kill the Zodiacs (or join a pande raid).

Is this your goal?

The rk-missions was like that. It had more variation than just 'zerg' and also a very big loot-table. You got a looot of items, some credits and xp in one go.
    One more reason to create more daily missions on RK, don't you think?
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

The raidbots do the Zods all the time.
    Some don't use bots.

Well, in this thread you suggested only things for levels 201+ in SL.
    And in another I didn't. Whats the point?

So why do you suggest missions that WILL BE done with the help of a few 220s?
    I didn't.

People under or above my suggested range(s) will not get any XP-reward/mission.

Whenever toons reach level 160 they will go to inferno and wait for inf missions or get dragged around by their main toons. Do you think this will change?
    If it is more rewarding for 160's to team with 160-200 then it will change.

As soon as a level 201 pulls your suggested mission they will ask their 220 friends to kill the Zodiacs (or join a pande raid).
    Then these missions could be locked to a instance instead. Fixed.

One more reason to create more daily missions on RK, don't you think?
    I want more stuff consolidated. Not 'go to LE to get types, solofarm to get bots, arid to get axp'.

That AO is a incohesive mess of several seperate expansions might plunder it tho.

When it comes to RK-missions it would be cool to make missions with updated mobs and loot-tables, but I only think this will work if it is some sort of system in place to make people team withing their power-range. In pvp many thinks tl5-towerwars gets ruined by tl7. BS-ranges are level-locked fairly well. The current xp-grind is not equally as balanced.

Hence the suggestion.

Most of the issues would be fixed if they just changed the teaming range. A 159 being able to team with a 220 and still get a reasonable amount of xp has caused more problems in the way AO plays out (leveling wise) than can be summarized in a forum post.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Agreed Jill, just call 220's 300, and recalculate from there. (pvp and xp ranges)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    A 159 being able to team with a 220 and still get a reasonable amount of xp has caused more problems in the way AO plays out (leveling wise) than can be summarized in a forum post.
    Agreee 100% Missions that only goes to certain ranges would work I think. If roller is between 215-220, the mission only goes to team-members within those levels. Wih phatz added, it doesn't prevent lowbie-twinks to obtain loot, cause they could join but not get the xp-reward.

Mid-level doesn't work currently cause cause rk-missions (there is a lot of power in 125+ implants and nanos for 130-200) and vp/le-types-content is abandoned and since xp-rewards are low. Then there is the kite/ost-competiton...-_-

I rly think the current tl5 with 220 in inf is very bad for the game.

It rly should be more rewarding to not do the Kite/ost >>> inf as tl5-route. We just need lewt and good xp-rewards.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Oct 25th, 2014 at 09:13:04.

And in another I didn't. Whats the point?

People under or above my suggested range(s) will not get any XP-reward/mission.

Then these missions could be locked to a instance instead. Fixed.
    Cyberleet:
    YOU are creating threads with a number of ideas.

YOU have to defend your ideas against all number of arguments.

YOU have to describe exactly all important points in your suggestions.

In THIS thread you only talked about killing Zodiacs at levels 201-215. You wrote nothing about a special level locked instance. You wrote nothing about the number of people who could help or if you could build a raid. You wrote nothing about people not getting rewards if they were less than 201 or higher than 215. You wrote nothing about if all people in a team would have to pull the mission or if they could enter the instance automatically.

Your ideas are half-baked. Don't get angry if people don't like them. Make your ideas better! As of now they lack important aspects.