Thread: Chalices/cyberdecks for doc

Chalices/cyberdecks for doc

It would be cool if non-weapon docs got a reason to exist.

So I suggest more BM/MM in the cups, and maybe MC. Not less than 35% healmod from all.

Let it require EE/NP so it is a choice and not just some swap-item.

Well, the only reason why you see weaponless docs in low til midlevel is because they want to save IPs, not because they're pacifists. So, what would be the point then to add EE/NP as requirement? That would actually make the chalices useless, even with that added heal effi and higher skills, because they're not needed.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

not really. most of the time i had enough ip for a weapon, but until s7 pistols most are useless or do not justify the effort to get if just passing through. 8 years ago or so, when i started my doc, someone told me: a doc has weapons. a doc has 5 pets. That is not completely true these days. Today, as soon as you get the mighty init procs, you need something to hit stuff with. And hit them fast and not miss all the time.
    Last edited by Xootch; Oct 26th, 2014 at 22:32:11.

I would love some sort of tl5 doctor support weapon choice aside from the Holy Grail. Something that really would make it attractive to use.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

So? Are you now saying you skilled Pistol, Burst and Fling at lvl 40, when you knew you weren't going to have weapons until 151? Doubtful. Saving IPs does not solely mean you save them because you don't have enough. You simply don't touch them because you don't want to risk IPR, as in going maybe 2hb first, then pick a JAME and end with s7 pistols on 151. Neither will you touch them to skill EE/NP which are a definite dead end with 2 wasted IPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    So? Are you now saying you skilled Pistol, Burst and Fling at lvl 40, when you knew you weren't going to have weapons until 151? Doubtful. Saving IPs does not solely mean you save them because you don't have enough. You simply don't touch them because you don't want to risk IPR, as in going maybe 2hb first, then pick a JAME and end with s7 pistols on 151. Neither will you touch them to skill EE/NP which are a definite dead end with 2 wasted IPR.
    that is true. saving iprs certainly is a good motive not to skill something that won't perform well anyway.

however to even make op's suggestion viable, you'd have to find an alternative way to trigger init procs. not being able to trigger these because you don't wield a weapon will always be a bad choice as of now.

Dots + nukes? Not sure how NT gets procs to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Well, the only reason why you see weaponless docs in low til midlevel is because they want to save IPs, not because they're pacifists..
    No it's not. Currently it is not viable tho.

Not sure about u, but I am not a big fan of the cookie-cutter developement AO has had in the later years.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Oct 27th, 2014 at 13:28:34.

* Tell what the current situation is.
    * Tell about the problem you would like to solve.
    * Publish a solution for the problem.
    * Make sure your solution doesn't break other stuff.
    * Defend your solution against the arguments of others.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    NT LE procs are defensive.

Meaning, they only activate if the NT is attacked, but not if they are still nuking and someone else has aggro.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post

No it's not. Currently it is not viable tho.

Not sure about u, but I am not a big fan of the cookie-cutter developement AO has had in the later years.
    As Vinkera stated, they're defensive. But they're defensive because they're all self only procs. Means only some nano regain, some reflect shield and hp I think. NTs don't have dmg procs. The UBT or DoT procs Docs have are offensive. Making them defensive would be ridiculously OP.