Thread: Redo xp-ranges or new xp-missions with level-checks

Redo xp-ranges or new xp-missions with level-checks

I think pvp and pvm have to interchange. I also think it is best to level within your own power-range. Therefore it must be most rewarding to level within your own power-range (and here the battle-station ranges are appliable) for this to work. Once pvm and pvp interchange (200-twinks, 150-twinks, 220-twinks) I think it will not be hard to find a team-members. It is something to do for pvp'ers when bs don't run.

So, instead of changing xp-ranges you could add missions that only goes to these ranges:

120-159
    160-200
    201-214
    215-220

Or 130-169
    170-204
    then 205-214
    215-220

That is more in line with the power.

I think the leveling-playthrough has to offer more loot so we get less of these 'hecknoobs' in medsuits.

IIRC this issue (lol people started dying in ely after LE) made means create the dailies. It was not originally ment to be THE source of leveling, but people could not get teams for mid-levels. The history behind this:

Pre-le players got AI-loot AND AXP in the same run; AI-raids. It was also more exicting before the power-up from the LE-expansion. Players goot boosted, mobs got not. With LE they made LE-missions and that (before arid and ai-dailies) became the source for axp and that made solofarming become the norm with AI-raids. Prices on bots skyrocketed as a consequence (supple was 350m).

With LE they also wanted to decrease playergaps. And that was the purpose behind the ofab armor. Combined ai-amor was to still be the best armor the game had to offer. So ofab-armor was actually supposed to be the new carb/noob-armor (pardon my language, no offense) but since LE-missions was hard at lower-levels, and that you had to farm LE-types, it actually failed to be a easy obtainable leveling-gear for the target-group. To upgrade the armor you had to:

• Get a whole new set.
    • Farm types.

No noobs does this

They also tried to keep rk-missions going with adding cru (after complaints from SL-leveling creating socalled hecknoobs) but it didn't work and FC as tradition didn't follow up with a fix. So therefore I think xp-missions should offer more loot. 215-220 should get 275+ clusters, implants and towers for example, and play within your own range. The pvp-ranges would work for pvm-range.

Not sure if the game being several seperate expansions fux0r the loot-system I suggest. Hope this can be done. Not meaning AI-loot should drop in SL , but AI-content from lox, AI and LE could be consolidated somehow, with new team-missions
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Oct 25th, 2014 at 09:49:36.

It is a player choice when and how to level.
    The fastest ways of leveling gives zero or close to zero credits and loot and I can see logic behind this.

Farming items and credits is something separate from leveling, in between there is updating your equipment or hardcore twinking.
    It is like in real world you either spend time working to earn money or spend money for your needs or enjoyment.

Leveling and geting lots of credits and phats at the same time would be just wrong.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Leveling and geting lots of credits and phats at the same time would be just wrong.
    Thats how the game was (rk-missions had both xp, credits and loot) before it went downhill.

Heard the term 'hecknoob' before? It's a consequence to not getting loot and credz for leveling.

It also should be within your range imo. Similar to BS-ranges. Pvp and pvm has to interchange I think.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Oct 25th, 2014 at 09:36:00.