Thread: Perennium Weapons

Perennium Weapons

Disclaimer: This suggestion does not take into consideration Low-level PvP and frankly, doesn't care about it.

What if we had SL-subscriber weapons for all types? In the same vein as the S10 weapons, but available for all types and not prof locked?

There are alot of profs that suffer through the earlier levels of play due to poor weapon options or really messed up IP distribution thanks to a variety of reasons. On that immediately springs to mind is Shotguns. At low levels, pretty much up until you get a decent FSS on, Shotguns are patently abysmal, making playing a Trader (or Shotgun Engy/Crat) nothing short of a horror story.

By opening up a load of new Peren types, we not only cure these low level issues, but also fix the mid range issues other profs suffer with.

Pistols! What does almost every pistol-toting prof have to deal with from 100-150? The dreaded QL199 Kyr Pistol. Everyone has one stuffed away somewhere because EVERYONE has to use it when they making something which primarily uses pistols! Why not give them a new mid-range option?

This also has the benefit of getting people to blow the dust off their tradeskillers for something more than combined alien armour, bring back the lost art of weaponsmithing!
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

CDR is a pretty badass pistol imo. I like your suggestion, but it would create a bigger powercreep to the current PvM contents in the lower lvls.

How come you didn't suggest a CoH type of weapon for all professions instead? That way froobs could benefit from it too.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    CDR is a pretty badass pistol imo. I like your suggestion, but it would create a bigger powercreep to the current PvM contents in the lower lvls.

How come you didn't suggest a CoH type of weapon for all professions instead? That way froobs could benefit from it too.
    Honestly didn't occur to me! That and the fact it'd be farmed by 220s none-stop making it largely unobtainable by the fr00b population since subscribers tend to have a rule of sticking too many 00's on the price of stuff.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

If we look at the nano-charged weapons only 1 is missing...Nano-Charged Stun Glove (1hb) maybe possible to modify that to MA also. Nano-charged assault rifle = peren blaster or beamer, why not add 1hb/MA to the mix with stun glove? Spiritech Big knuckle/small knuckle.

Shotgun/pistol though is a tough one to imagine unless you are making a totally new SL tradeskill with perhaps biogun? Ugly but closest to a SL look imo. Spirttech Wide barrel/narrow barrel.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Disclaimer: This suggestion does not take into consideration Low-level PvP and frankly, doesn't care about it.

What if we had SL-subscriber weapons for all types? In the same vein as the S10 weapons, but available for all types and not prof locked?

There are alot of profs that suffer through the earlier levels of play due to poor weapon options or really messed up IP distribution thanks to a variety of reasons. On that immediately springs to mind is Shotguns. At low levels, pretty much up until you get a decent FSS on, Shotguns are patently abysmal, making playing a Trader (or Shotgun Engy/Crat) nothing short of a horror story.
    By opening up a load of new Peren types, we not only cure these low level issues, but also fix the mid range issues other profs suffer with.
    Pistols! What does almost every pistol-toting prof have to deal with from 100-150? The dreaded QL199 Kyr Pistol. Everyone has one stuffed away somewhere because EVERYONE has to use it when they making something which primarily uses pistols! Why not give them a new mid-range option?

This also has the benefit of getting people to blow the dust off their tradeskillers for something more than combined alien armour, bring back the lost art of weaponsmithing!
    On the surface that looks like a good idea, If we ignore pvp it is a really good idea. But practically it will end up making some professions majorly powerful. There is nothing better than having a good FA weapon for my doc. OR giving engs and crats good FA at endgame. Even a FA, BURST AND FLING KEEPER.

Profession locks while they need work are there to keep things somewhat balanced. Other than that I agree. But please make sure they dont make another set of useless Weapon upgrade kit weapons.

Ed very rarely you come up with a very good post, but most of the time I find myself facepalming and having to re-read your post like 4 times before I realise I've just wasted 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Yes, his suggestion means you might have a full auto keeper.

So what?

Have you no concept of support? The attempts you make to point out flaws in other people's arguments make me feel that the schooling system has failed us.

@ raggy

Not sure if I agree with your proposal, but I will at least mention to Oliveerz that CDR's despite being fairly reasonable weapons at level 41 are, imo, obsolete by level 50. I honestly don't think I can think of one prof that CDR's are a better for than another weapon at the same level.

Advy - if you're ranged you've screwed yourself, go back to melee
    Agent - Peren sniper
    Bur - neleb
    Doc - neleb
    enforcer - neleb/beaters/ whatever
    engineer - ok CDR is ok here, but honestly you're probably better off with soft pepper pistol paired with a 100 O.E.T jess
    Fixer - BB/tiig beamer/peren beamer
    keeper - scythe/styg/etc.
    MA - no
    MP - neleb
    NT - maybe but probably not - neleb imo would be way better
    soldier - If you're going pistol it's obsolete much before you can get it on due to prof lock - if pistol Jobe + KMP 5, but for low levels tiig blaster/peren ftw
    shade - rapiers/FFB's
    trader - neleb

Basically, looking at this you can really see that ANY nano user significantly benefits from neleb. The only real issue I have with this is that it sort of forces a IPR on people who want to perform well at low levels since natural weapon choice is usually not 2HB, but neleb battlerod significantly outperforms nearly any other choice.

I do agree that when you hit 100 Neleb rod really is needing an upgrade, and it would be nice if at 100 there was a decent weapon choice that was supported for the rest of the way through the game for the nano using profs - specifically pistol users. And, by the way, I doubt any pistol users at 100 are getting on a (typed) QL 199 kyr pistol - the reqs are FAR FAR FAR too high to be getting on before 150 unless they have a boatload of twinking support.

So, based on this, I think it could be valid to have:

1. a MA stun glove peren weapon usable by MA/trader/doc/engineer (or open to all)
    2. a Peren pistol usable by all support and artillery profs (or open to all)