Thread: Bored at 130+ where do I find people or effective solo exp/progress?

Bored at 130+ where do I find people or effective solo exp/progress?

My second character hit the 130s last night & I'm running into the same problem I had on my first (made it to 170s before throwing in the towel). No groups & don't know where to go to progress effectively.

Should I just make another character? 1-100 is fun, content is abundant, multiple goals, good pacing, can find groups with a little bit of effort, accessible.

100+ running around deep into SL takes a while, the key quests take longer, the groups (hecks?) don't invite, dungeons are empty (IS once in a blue moon, can usually find someone to do Mantis daily - but they don't stick around).

I see all these people, what are they doing that I'm missing?

well there is several reasons why it is seemingly hard to find teams on the way to level 160+ nowadays specially when you are not too familiar with the game. i do not want to go too much into detail since it has been discussed a lot before on other threads and would likely lead to a lot of discussion too so im just going to point some issues out!

First and most import and is that people want to reach level 160+ afap as they can do missions in Inferno from there on wich currently is by far the quickest grind to 220 (aside from daily missions) so they do some of the following things (also included some advice for you)

1) many people pay in game money to have someone help them with fast leveling, while they afk.
    2) people use some chatbots to find teams a lot. they don't scan the lft screen too much. what you could do is register to those bots and they will send messages out to all registered users with different stuff. they have selling / buying / lootight / pvp / pvm channels and its quiet easy to handle. make sure to read their rules as they want you to behave /tell neutnet !register and /tell dnet !register (start with either and take 2nd if you feel you like the way they go. can do !unregister at any time or !unsubscribe channels you don't want to see)
    3) try to find a nice active org. (if you are clan take a look at my sig and visit the website as we do have a org for "growing" peeps *hint hint*) that way you can make some friends, find people to join leveling or get some help with hard quest lines to achieve and people play preferably with their orgs and friends
    4) it is not impossible to get a ****-ton-xp when solo leveling. however in my eyes its less fun and if that is still the thing you need to do it helps a lot if your toon is kinda well geared. here again a org would come in handy to help you out with some hints about how to get your toon set up!
    5) there is a lot of nice leveling guides out there and i would like to advise Sharptony28 on youtube as he has a lot of good videos about leveling and other things in AO!
    6) for quick solo leveling: 1) do your dailys, try to find help for elite daily 2) Battlestation has a daily you can repeat 3 times 3) get a doja in SL 4) AI daily 5) get XP buff from 2HO if clan 6) watch leveling guide from sharp

Last thing: if you can make it to 220 without being turned down too much, go for it as it offers really a great world to explore and is REALLY worth the hazzle of getting there! specially in a nice org there is so much to see... so i would vote for you to continue your toon if the class is what makes you enjoy AO stay with it and go for it!

i hope this quick response can help you. personally i can't help you in game at the moment but let me know if you got further questions

edit: what class do you play btw? and what breed? might have some extra thoughts on it
    Last edited by Iorekzix; Oct 29th, 2014 at 22:28:27.
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website

First off, congrats on getting your second toon to 130+.

At 130 I don't think you'd have too much trouble getting your Ely Portal & Sanctuary keys, doing the Ely Yuttos questline, some DOJA hunting in Schoel,... though you mentioned most of those. If you're determined to solo (either by choice or lack of alternatives) expect to do a bit of slogging. But, hey, at least you'll see the countryside!

An orgmate of mine has (easily) a dozen 220 characters, and many of them are...less than optimal, shall we say?...because he's not interested in investing the time and effort to do Pande, etc. That's fine; that's absolutely his decision. Thankfully, he recognizes that he is the only thing holding his toons back. This game requires some effort on the part of the player, whether it's 2014 or 2008. Fortunately, this game also rewards effort.

"Go forth like a boss," is my advice.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Thank you for the reply! #2 looks promising. I'm omni, thank you for the invitation though #6 is all I do right now, seems I really need to find a guild to play with people (which is the entire reason I pay for a mmo)

Find an org, we at OT-RP welcome in especially people like you.

Getting to 100+ Anyone can, but after that you need fairly decent gear to survive content and get even close to where people play. At 150 many people are in s10, after that the only place to find people are smugglers den and inferno. Inferno you pretty much need friends.

So twink your gear and relationships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by FunTime View Post
    I'm omni, thank you for the invitation though
    In this case forget what I said about continuing that toon! Roll a new one and go clan

On a more serious note: check out the recruiting section of the forums you will be able to find a suiting org EVEN THOUGH they will be ommers
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website

Just in case you haven't found this little gem, i'll link it here for reference.

https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...n-overview-***

I've used this guide sooo many times when bringing up little toons and I find it to be extremely useful for info.

I hope you find it useful too.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup