Thread: Suggestion to remove 4-capping in Battlestation

Suggestion to remove 4-capping in Battlestation

After reading some topics about 4-capping in Battlestation (even teh question if it's petitionable or not) I had a brainfart and came up with an idea to stop 4-capping in Battlestation.

The Battlestation consists fo 3 wings (A-C) and Core
    Each wing in your sides posession gives 1 point per tick, core gives 2 points per tick, until 1 faction reaches 500 points
    To prevent 4-capping in Battlestation a mechanic should be introduced that each side can only get a maximum amount of points per tick.

Scenario 1: Maximum 3 points per tick
    When your side has all wings (A-C) capped, Core cannot be capped.
    When your side has Core capped, then only 1 wing can be capped.
    When your side has 2 wings capped, you can only cap the remaining wing, or you should let the other side capture 1 win and then go for core.

Scenario 1: Maximum 4 points per tick
    When your side has Core capped, then only 2 wings can be capped.
    When your side has 2 wings capped, you can only cap the remaining wing, or you should let the other side capture 1 win and then go for Core.

Just stop now.

This goes against EVERYTHING logical on BS.

If either side 4 caps easy it means 2 things:

1. Side A has completely overpowered side B and should want to get side B out to start new round vs real pvp players. (did I get that right pvp players want a real challenge vs other pvp players right?)

2. Side B is completely overmatched by side A and should want to escape as fast as possible to get back on to pvm stuff.(did I get that right pvp players don't want to farm greenies right?)
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

or that a 4-caps ticks 50points fast then resets the cp's

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    or that a 4-caps ticks 50points fast then resets the cp's
    Oooh, now that is an intriguing idea. (This from a PvMer who is sympathetic to the plight of PvPers.)
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Suggestion: PvPers try to defend the points and in turn receive PvP.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

4capping is fine, what battlestations need is a zone-wide alert for both sides that someone is capping a point so it's still doable just not as easy.

Hate to break it to the OP but suggestion 1 is absolutely retarded.

Think about your logic: if you limit max tick to 3 points per tick, consider the OBVIOUS:

If one side caps core.... HOW DO THEY LOSE IT?

Not following?

Aight.

My side caps core. (2 points per tick).

Your side caps A, B, C (now you're at peak tick, and can't cap core)
    My side takes A (now my side is at peak tick, and your side can't cap core)

The rest of the game is spent in the wings and core can never be lost once it's capped.

Suggestion 2 is fine but the whole thing reeks of carebear.

@ psikie. Agreed.

Just to be clear: I'm not against 4-capping, I couldn't care less.
    Just trying to find a way that makes everybody happy (sort of )

Offtopic:All I have seen until now is everybody trying to flame any suggestion into spaces where the sun don't shine.
    Come up with at least something so we can discuss.

There's nothing wrong with one side winning quickly in BS imo.

For me, if I feel like PVPing, I'll run around and try to fight. If I need VP, I'll run around and cap and try to "win".

If players come in and get PVP stomped over and over, I agree it could feel like a meaningless pursuit. However, because a win OR a loss garners a BS daily participant with VP/tokens/XP regardless of the outcome, I feel that regardless of a quick win or loss there's still value to the game.

The bottom line is, If you ONLY PVP, you aren't going to win the round. "winning" in BS requires capping and the metagame of stealth capping/fast capping/ defensive capping vs ranged profs vs inability to cap vs melee profs while under attack makes the actual BS game itself kinda cool in and of itself.

Personally, the main issue I have with not allowing a 4 cap is that it'll extend games that serve no purpose being extended. If there's too few contestants on one side, or one side has several fast running toons+a fixer to the other side with all support profs, it's incredibly frustrating trying to cap and hold even one or two points, and in games like that i'm likely to just give up and allow a 4 cap to get it over with because the PVP doesn't mean a lot if you're only going to get one point out of it which won't dent the point accumulation rate of the other side.

Meh, BS 18.7 edition is fine, all we need is notification that round started...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Meh, BS 18.7 edition is fine, all we need is notification that round started...
    What is different in 18.7?
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Starphoenix View Post
    What is different in 18.7?
    • Battlestation signup area now has an OFAB shop area in the duel room and this room has now been made bigger. Separate rooms for the signup terminals have been removed and the terminals have gotten a new visual appearance. The notum miner playfield has now gotten a terminal.
    • Using a Teleporter in the battle station should lock Treatment for 10 seconds, the player will not be able to use a teleporter again for 10 seconds.
    • Using the stuck command in Battlestation should no longer make you lost in space.
    • You should no longer be able to fall through the glass floor outside the battlestation's core.
    • Glass windows have been removed from the battlestation's wings.

Do /try/ to keep up. 18.7 has been rolled back to 18.6 for now. Don't assume anything will remain the same as I imagine many things will be changing.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by tigerengi View Post
    After reading some topics about 4-capping in Battlestation (even teh question if it's petitionable or not) I had a brainfart and came up with an idea to stop 4-capping in Battlestation.

The Battlestation consists fo 3 wings (A-C) and Core
    Each wing in your sides posession gives 1 point per tick, core gives 2 points per tick, until 1 faction reaches 500 points
    To prevent 4-capping in Battlestation a mechanic should be introduced that each side can only get a maximum amount of points per tick.

Scenario 1: Maximum 3 points per tick
    When your side has Core capped, then only 1 wing can be capped.
    When your side has 2 wings capped, you can only cap the remaining wing, or you should let the other side capture 1 win and then go for core.

Scenario 1: Maximum 4 points per tick
    When your side has Core capped, then only 2 wings can be capped.
    When your side has 2 wings capped, you can only cap the remaining wing, or you should let the other side capture 1 win and then go for Core.
    While I like your enthusiasm, but it is a bad suggestion. 4 capping is not a problem, BS its a war. This will turn a 5 min event into a 30 min ordeal. If bs run it may turn into a sign up buff, and go watch a move until its over. Or a mech and walk around harassing people. Regardless of the very few pvp people complaining, if levelers dont enter BS, it will never run.