Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Confusing rewards

Confusing rewards

I just find it odd that you get PVP AI armor from doing PVM raids.
    On the other hand you get PVM treatment contract for doing PVP tower fields.

Its like gandhi picking up an AK47.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Since when is AI armour PvP?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

it is mostly usefull in pvp, only 2 professions need AI armor in pvm, one being fixer for full auto.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

I kinda disagree here. While it's true that some Combined Armors on some profs are solely for PvP, afterall it helps in all ways. Example docs: You mainly wear cc or css for PvP, but scout is pretty nice in PvM. Or even some .. well the one with spiritual.. in lower levels for NCR. Or when you're melee/MA why not some CM for max HP and AR in PvM. Maybe even PvP, but I guess CC would be better then.
    However AI Armor has a lot more uses than just for PvP.

That way you could also ask why we get OFAB through PvP when so many people wear it in PvM only. Or for that matter only want to wear it in PvM.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

This is all a grand scheme to bring pvmers to pvp, and force pvpers to pvm...

In your world pvpers would wear ofab and pvmers would wear AI... Which is kinda fair... top pvp toys should be obtainable only through pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

So high AR, hp, evades, add dd, nano, cost have nothing to do in pvm ... Ok...explain how that have no use at all.

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    it is mostly usefull in pvp, only 2 professions need AI armor in pvm, one being fixer for full auto.
    My MA Trader uses full CM minus helm.
    My NT uses full CS minus helm.
    I was tempted to put Paramedics on my levelling Doc to tie me over until I could get Jathos.

So there is another 3. Combined is alot more useful in PvM than it is PvP. Or are you forgetting that Supple is actually used as a means of twinking too?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Both of my 220s use several pieces of AI armor. Your logic is unsound.

il be more specific,
    the only armor that has any value to speak of is CSS CC, and they are mostly(85%) used for pvp. And drop from PVM raids

and all twink contracts agil/sense/intell/psy/treatment are not used in pvp at all.

You all know that what im trying to say.
    Forcing pvpers to do pvm raids for thier precious CC CSS is odd.
    And forcing pvmers to do towers just to twink thier characters is also odd.
    Then again you could have gotten that if you actually tried to read the original post and stop being a troll.

Im actually trying to help, and maybe some day pvpers can get thier gear by pvping, and pvmers can do a raid for a tower site.

il be more specific,
    the only armor that has any value to speak of is CSS CC, and they are mostly(85%) used for pvp. And drop from PVM raids

and all twink contracts agil/sense/intell/psy/treatment are not used in pvp at all.

You all know that what im trying to say.
    Forcing pvpers to do pvm raids for thier precious CC CSS is odd.
    And forcing pvmers to do towers just to twink thier characters is also odd.
    Then again you could have gotten that if you actually tried to read the original post and stop being a troll.

Im actually trying to help, and maybe some day pvpers can get thier gear by pvping, and pvmers can do a raid for a tower site.
    But again, that is wrong. All of it. And I really cannot be bothered typing out why.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

What a useless thread. Nagging about having to do pvm to pvp. How do you (atleast before heckler juice) get to your designated level to pvp ? You pvm'ed. So even if what you're saying was true, that AI-armor only applies to pvp, you'd still be making an invalid argument.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    But again, that is wrong. All of it. And I really cannot be bothered typing out why.
    Ditto. so utterly wrong it makes me wonder if the OP has actually played AO.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I kinda disagree here. While it's true that some Combined Armors on some profs are solely for PvP, afterall it helps in all ways. Example docs: You mainly wear cc or css for PvP, but scout is pretty nice in PvM. Or even some .. well the one with spiritual.. in lower levels for NCR.
    Endgame docs build hp in both pvp and pvm without any AI armor, not cc or css or scouts. Evades, weaponskills and nanoskills are all unnecessary. Squishy doc = bad doc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Since when is AI armour PvP?
    Since 2005.

@orochi good luck fighting AO community's general "everything is and should be pvm, 220/30/70 pvpers get xp dailies that's more than enough" mentality. I tried recently and came to the conclusion that pvmers in this game are heavily against pvp having rewards that will motivate people to keep coming back. With arguments such as Jihnna's above me, implying that because you killed mobs to level up you should kill mobs for everything else in this game which is absolute nonsense. The irony is I'm the one often getting called selfish because I want the entire pvp population to have a small piece of the cake that pvmers have entirely for themselves.

Point is, Pafpuf, pvp and pvm are kind of intertvined. You pvp to get ofab armor (in many people's cases; to be better geared in pvm) and you pvm to get ai armor (which also in many cases is for people to be better geared in pvp). AO is a game of both pvm and pvp, take it or leave it. (Oh and the armor mentioned was just to provide an example, there are other items, but I shouldn't have to make a list.)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    The irony is I'm the one often getting called selfish because I want the entire pvp population to have a small piece of the cake that pvmers have entirely for themselves.
    No you are called selfish (not by me) because you want to change the game to suit YOUR PLAYSTYLE. The game is setup as a pvm game with pvp. 99% of all your progression comes from pvm, 99% of all your gear and equipment comes from pvm. Pvm is required in this game pvp is not required.

Now I will even throw you a bone since you can't think of any rewards yourself that would be appropriate for pvp. Here you go.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

What IS the actual point here ? Do you want AI-armor as reward in some way for doing pvp, and tower contracts as reward for doing pvm ? Spell it out for me, I'm not getting the point (call me dumb if you like, that's cool too.)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I do not think they know themselves. Or they know what they really want is beyond reason to ask for.

Crazy requests like xp for player kills and ql300 ai bots, WU, and beast loot for vp's
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    @orochi good luck fighting AO community's general "everything is and should be pvm, 220/30/70 pvpers get xp dailies that's more than enough" mentality. I tried recently and came to the conclusion that pvmers in this game are heavily against pvp having rewards that will motivate people to keep coming back. With arguments such as Jihnna's above me, implying that because you killed mobs to level up you should kill mobs for everything else in this game which is absolute nonsense. The irony is I'm the one often getting called selfish because I want the entire pvp population to have a small piece of the cake that pvmers have entirely for themselves.
    You've really been taking your delusions to a whole new level, lately. I'm kind of impressed, I thought you were at your limit years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    you are selfish
    The game is setup as a pvm game 99% of all your progression comes from pvm, 99% of all your gear and equipment comes from pvm. Pvm is required
    pvp is not required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    What IS the actual point here ?
    Crazy requests
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    your delusions
    Thanks for proving my point

The first quote from Psikie you edited, and everything else you quoted is taken out of context, now; I am still waiting for an actual answer from you or orochi to my previous post.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast