Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doc vs. MA vs. Adv (Solo'ing!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rancheros View Post
    Basing profession choices on what "could" happen with 18.7 seems questionable. As far as I know, everything with 18.7 has been cleaned up and restarted.
    There is no "could" happen with init changes. THAT is a guarantee. Will it happen 18.7 or with NPE who knows, but it WILL happen.

Which will make doc/crat combo more than useless since UBT and crat init debuffs will be in same nano line.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

@Psikie: I haven't seen anything regarding which changes stay and which changes are reverted from the "Evil 18.7 Genele patch of doom". Is there any reliable source on it atm or just testlive chatter I've missed?
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

The initiative nano changes are linked to MP dmg debuff changes for local cooldowns which are also going to happen. Those changes being that mp dmg debuffs won't overwrite crat init debuffs, because crat init debuff are being moved into same nano line as doc init debuffs.

Also there has been considerable talk about reducing the power of init debuffs in general, so changes are coming. Also there has been considerable talk on nano consolidation as well. Best example being MP pet consolidation.

Now I do not work for FC but if what has been said so far is that those changes are green lighted. If that changes today or tomorrow I wouldn't know. But if anyone really thinks that ultra behe is getting changed but not crat init debuffs then they have not really paid much attention to how FC works. There is no point really in making a big part of the NPE pvm/pvp nano changes if crats can still reduce mobs/players to 1/5 speed or worse.

Will that happen in 18.7 or with NPE or with new engine I can't say when, but I would bet the farm it is going to happen. Otherwise a lot of work over the past 1-2 years by the developers was for nothing.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

@Psikie: My understanding is that everything that was going to be done in 18.7 is being re-thinked, hence the rollback to 18.6 on testlive. I don't know which changes are staying and which are going to be pruned.. and which new changes are being introduced. I just wouldn't rely on anything that was on the 18.7 to be a "sure thing" and "definitely going to happen" because that isn't the case anymore.
    Last I heard, Michi wants to have the professionals system back up and running and he'll be consulting them on all the changes a lot more than previous GDs did.. which may mean rethinking a few aspects of the rebalance that went against the "role" expected from some of the professions.

Time will tell.

TL;DR - Pretend 18.7 never happened and let's see where Michi takes the rebalance before making decisions based on it.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

I am a betting man, and I have no problem pushing all my chips in that Ultra behe and init debuff changes are going to happen.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    @Psikie: My understanding is that everything that was going to be done in 18.7 is being re-thinked, hence the rollback to 18.6 on testlive.
    Nah, they had to rollback to 18.6, to get the new inf missions properly tested for live servers. Something that didnt work with 18.7 branch as it seems.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

@Tikra: Thought it was rolled back because of the 18.7 implementation delay. So 18.6 + new missions could be tested and deployed and then work on the 18.7 line begins anew.
    I'll wait and see what's coming.. though so far I love everything Michi did.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Regardless the power of a doctor crat combo does not rely on inits as much as it does the ability crats have to deal damage, mezz, and semi tank well. As far as I know init procs are not going to be nerfed, which means even still a doc/crat combo will still be powerful for dual log farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancheros View Post
    Regardless the power of a doctor crat combo does not rely on inits as much as it does the ability crats have to deal damage, mezz, and semi tank well. As far as I know init procs are not going to be nerfed, which means even still a doc/crat combo will still be powerful for dual log farming.
    Major part of crat "tanking" comes from init debuffing mobs to point where they swing 1/5 speeds lol. From a pure DD perspective Shade/Sol might be better and in case of Sol easier to control dual logged with. If you plan to use crat for crowd control absolutely viable, but controlling crat and doc can be a bit much (dual logged) if they are not profs you are comfy using regularly.

This is a testlive rip of nano changes where you can see crat init debuffs in same line as doc. So they would not stack. Also the durations are cut down a lot so it will require a lot more attention in keeping debuffs up.

The main point is if you had them both at 220/30/70 TODAY then sure it's a great combo, but in the time it takes you to get them both 220, a week, a month, a year, it might have been wasted time once some or all of the 18.7 changes go through.

I think doc+MA is very viable for what you want to do and should be valuable in getting comfortable dual logging.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12