Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Being lvl 200.

On a related note, how does inf. hecklers compare to missions?
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    @kai: Can you confirm that or are you just saying it from memory? Easies or Hards (or both)?
    Could be that the 220 roller affects it enough for the lowbies to get the higher level XP reward but I'd love to have confirmation beyond a single dude saying "it does".

Would be cool though it still means dailies and new missions won't work well for 200 twinks.
    I'll re-iterate what I said on page 1, Inf Mishes (old now) cap research, as their reward mechanic is different from the daily reward mechanic, which is used for the new style Inf Mishes.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

@Kai/Wakizaka: Thanks for the info! Guess the roller's XP/SK reward is what everyone gets then, in which case a whopping 127.792.000 XP are awarded to anyone 159+ by the end of the mission (or a capped 10% research hit). Not sure if the easy/medium/hard tick varies or not (the reward item doesn't mention it..), I'll test that on my next leveling character if no one gets to it first
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

@Humlee/Baby: XP is capped at 10% per tick, not 20% (go start a new toon and hit something red enough.. it'll cap at 10% of the xp bar). The 20% at 200 comes from something else! Some things bypass this cap though (like daily missions).
    Thanks for that, but if u read page 1 I got the 20% from ur post, so you're actually correcting yourself. But Im all for the truth.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

@Humlee/Baby: XP is capped at 10% per tick, not 20% (go start a new toon and hit something red enough.. it'll cap at 10% of the xp bar). The 20% at 200 comes from something else! Some things bypass this cap though (like daily missions).

It's wrong, but the main sources of XP for level 200 are Daily Quests and Inferno Missions. The XP reward tick for those at 170-199 is 30%, at 200 it is lowered to 20%, making Awi partly right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    As I understood, the 20% is the max you can get out of a reward, so it doesn't matter how many xp can go into research, when you only get 20% of your level, it's all that will go into research.
    Err?
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

A level 200 needs 80000 sk to level.

You get 16000000 xp from a daily reward into a 9 or 10 research line.

Converting the 80000 sk to xp, going by factor of 1000; 80000000 xp.

80000000 / 16000000 = 5 , hence 20% not 10% of the xp bar can be gained in a single daily reward.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

@Humlee/Baby: I explained myself poorly on page 1. I didn't differentiate between the maximum XP you can normally get on a single hit (10% of level, easy to test) and the daily/OLD inferno mission rewards tick, which seem to bypass that limitation (easy'ish to test but not something I can do while at work..).

Under level 200 you get far more than 20% on a daily reward, the lower you are, the more % XP you get from it. Check the daily reward item linked above for reference.

The biggest reward possible with a 220 roller should theoretically be upwards of 127.792.000 XP if difficulty/side XP affect this.. but it's not.

There's probably still a cap or modifier of sorts, as a level 160 getting that much XP would turn it into a level 166 instantly at the end of the mission even without mob XP. I think I got about 2-3 levels per old inf easy mission (mobs included) at 160-170..
    Some testing as to exactly how much xp one actually gets on those ticks would be nice.

In any event, by Waki/Kai's statements you should get well over a level's worth if a 220 rolls an old inferno mission and you're on the lower end of leveling (let's say 160), or a 10% research cap if you're not leveling.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Jan 29th, 2015 at 15:17:29.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

This still doesn't change the fact that you win by staying 199 to finish your 9's, because of this conversion that imo has unintended features.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Yeah but the point is the daily reward isn't crappy at level 200 cause of some level cap mechanic. It's just crappy period.

The biggest reward possible with a 220 roller should theoretically be upwards of 127.792.000 XP if difficulty/side XP affect this.. but it's not.
    It is possible. I'll try and explain it differently.

• Cap on Research is 10% of the research line.
    • Reward on a Daily @ 200 is 20% of the XP requirement to reach level 201, which is 16,000SK or 16,000,000XP.
    • Cap on single mob XP gain is 5% iirc.
    • SL mission reward mechanics are outside of these other mechanics, *but* they do honour a cap on straight-to-leveling XP.
    • SL mission reward can reach the 10% of a research line, as well as still capping your maximum allowable straight-to-leveling XP, which @ 200 is 20% ie. 16,000SK (adjusted by faction)

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Yeah but the point is the daily reward isn't crappy at level 200 cause of some level cap mechanic. It's just crappy period.
    Why not?

It's the conversion that allows a 199 (xp gainer) to gain a higher percentage towards research than a 200 (sk gainer).
    Last edited by Humlee; Jan 29th, 2015 at 15:58:24.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Another question would be: how to fix that? As in what would be the best solution? Fixing the gain (so a lvl 200 will get 90M XP into research) seems rather not so smart, because for a leveling toon it would mean getting 90k SK at once, which is more than they need for the entire level to 201.
    I personally always thought the level restrictions for research were kinda.. bad implemented. It looks a bit like they were thinking "Oh yeah, we're gonna do this in steps of 25 levels!" and when they reached 175 they went "Oh...."
    So how about making the last research at 195 and adjusting the rest accordingly?
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

@Humlee: It's NOT the conversion! It's the Daily Mission / New Inferno Mission Reward ITEM! The conversion doesn't affect it! You need to read that item, man. Each level/level range has its reward.

@Wakizaka: Ok so the cap I was missing on the old SL missions is the "straight to level" bit. Still pretty great and definitely tells me that some level ranges might still be better done on old inferno missions. That said, running over 100 inferno easies to get your research at 200 has to burn some people out.. mixing it up with dailies and new missions would be a good thing.

@Baby: One could just adjust the Daily/Inferno mission reward item to give similar XP to 200's as they give to 199's. (e.g. change the level range to 170-200 and start lowering it at 201). It wouldn't cap but it also doesn't at 199. It would give them 24mil per mission instead of 16mil, thus ending the disparity for 200/199.

The question is.. should this change be done just to cater for the 200 twink population? Since people who are leveling notice the XP/SK "drop" in that range but quickly level past it and forget about it.
    I wouldn't mind, it's a small change for everyone and I'm sure people doing research on their twinks appreciate it. I doubt anyone here would ask for another method for capping research (you have OLD inf missions for that), but getting more XP than a level 199 makes sense, especially when research 10 is locked until 200.

Matter of opinion..
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Another question would be: how to fix that? As in what would be the best solution? Fixing the gain (so a lvl 200 will get 90M XP into research) seems rather not so smart, because for a leveling toon it would mean getting 90k SK at once, which is more than they need for the entire level to 201.
    I personally always thought the level restrictions for research were kinda.. bad implemented. It looks a bit like they were thinking "Oh yeah, we're gonna do this in steps of 25 levels!" and when they reached 175 they went "Oh...."
    So how about making the last research at 195 and adjusting the rest accordingly?
    One quick way to fix it is to alter the level == 200 daily reward to ~27% from ~20% to bring it inline with the scale of XP/Level change, make the level == 201 reward 25%, and scale from there to the end game 5% that currently stands.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123