Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for DB3-instance and instances

Suggestions for DB3-instance and instances

First button despawn after 20mins.

(to kill lootselling and adding a consequence to dying)

Have regular mobs drop ncu-types, minibosses ncu-shells.

No instantkill in firebossroom. Uber dot is ok, instantkill-mechanics is not very fun.

Let unbreakable snareperks really be unbreakble.

Last room is a huge disapointment to me, but not sure what to do with it.

------------

With instances for bigger groups consider having more 'talk to npc at the end' as the means for getting the reward instead of 'loot from corpse'. That should make more welcome to teams and also fix monopolies.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Nov 15th, 2014 at 13:57:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    First button despawn after 20mins.
    (to kill lootselling and adding a consequence to dying)
    Have regular mobs drop ncu-types, minibosses ncu-shells.
    No instantkill in firebossroom. Uber dot is ok, instantkill-mechanics is not very fun.
    Let unbreakable snareperks really be unbreakble.
    Last room is a huge disapointment to me, but not sure what to do with it.

With instances for bigger groups consider having more 'talk to npc at the end' as the means for getting the reward instead of 'loot from corpse'. That should make more welcome to teams and also fix monopolies.
    NO!!, cyber you are out of your area of knowledge.
    Basically you want to make db3 more annoying and easier. So if I die or LD that's it for me, and people will finally be able to multi log it. Just like Mitarr. It is supposed to be hard.

Loot selling is how those professions that will never get invited to DB3 get their loot. Thanks to the "INIT FIX" AO made it mandatory that certain professions have to always be in the team to do instances.

Basically all it sounds like is that you did db3 once as only damage, and you want to get more stuff out of it since all you had to do was follow instructions and do damage.
    If you want more fun do db3 with people who havent done it before. Knowledge of instances (including secrets and bugs) is most valuable thing in AO.

Do not nerf DB3. It's great fun.
    That is all.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

so there are people that think dying due to sync issues is fun. interesting.

Or said people that think sync issues should be fixed (or mitigated, whatever can be done given the oooold AO netcode) instead of changing the encounter's design. I'm almost always for fixing root causes instead of consequences.

That said, I think I have only died to sync-issues (invisible fire) twice out of many many runs.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Nov 15th, 2014 at 19:56:56.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    so there are people that think dying due to sync issues is fun. interesting.
    like DigitalBath said, Fix the issues not nerf the encounter.
    I am all for helping new people get geared BUT you need to leave some hard encounters hard!! even if it means they will stay mostly vet only.
    All that will happen is that after people are able to multi-log it and get all the gear they want and creds, they will end up on the forums complaining that everything thing is to easy again. In response AO usually (After the last patch my faith in the dev team when up abit) makes everything harder for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    like DigitalBath said, Fix the issues not nerf the encounter.
    I am all for helping new people get geared BUT you need to leave some hard encounters hard!! even if it means they will stay mostly vet only.
    All that will happen is that after people are able to multi-log it and get all the gear they want and creds, they will end up on the forums complaining that everything thing is to easy again. In response AO usually (After the last patch my faith in the dev team when up abit) makes everything harder for everyone else.
    my friend, quite a lot of assumptions in your post, don't you think?

@digitalbath: iirc the incidence of this very much depends on where you live and the service you use.

@digitalbath: iirc the incidence of this very much depends on where you live and the service you use.
    Correct, from South Africa and Australia you generally die before you even see any rendered flames.
    It's super fun like that!

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Well.. I understand connecting from places that are either too far from the servers or just don't have proper high speed low latency internet yet can be problematic in this kind of encounter.

This doesn't mean the encounter/challenge should be nerfed for everyone else though. It's a bit unreasonable to propose "please don't ever make ANY timing-based mechanics in this game because some of the players have a bad connection".
    I'd still be looking into improving the netcode, just in case.

That said, it's one of the pitfalls of global servers and the reason most modern games go for EU/NA/Asia&Oceania servers these days. We just have to deal with it.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

What, buying lootrights is hard? People with bad connection can do fireboss but use LD'ing as a argument to keep button-timer as is? It just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Nov 16th, 2014 at 17:00:13.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Well.. I understand connecting from places that are either too far from the servers or just don't have proper high speed low latency internet yet can be problematic in this kind of encounter.

This doesn't mean the encounter/challenge should be nerfed for everyone else though. It's a bit unreasonable to propose "please don't ever make ANY timing-based mechanics in this game because some of the players have a bad connection".
    I'd still be looking into improving the netcode, just in case.

That said, it's one of the pitfalls of global servers and the reason most modern games go for EU/NA/Asia&Oceania servers these days. We just have to deal with it.
    uhm. so people from these countries (btw us east coast may give you the same result), you say, will just have to live with not doing the instance? i wonder how they like that, or how you would enjoy it in their place.

so you honestly think that having a part of the playerbase die due to bad internet connection or living in a "bad" location serverwise is a fun way of making things hard for YOU? really? how does they not doing it affect you, other than that you can sell them loot? it's more that its hard for them and easy for you, isn't it?

...and if you read op's post very carefully, you will find that no where did he ask to not use time based mechanics at all, just for the flames to not instakill.

talking about unreasonable.
    Last edited by Xootch; Nov 16th, 2014 at 17:29:57.

@Xootch:It has affected me in the past both in this and other games, not in DB3 as it's a more recent addition. I stand by what I wrote in the sense that I believe the vast majority of the playerbase doesn't have this issue. I may be wrong.
    When I did have the issue I blamed and complained to my ISP and, at the time, government. Gladly things changed.

If a major chunk of the population can't do DB3 then something needs to be done asap. I just think improving the netcode and data centre connections is a better way to go about it as the insta kill flames only set in after smaller non insta kill flames 'warn' you to move.

Making those flames survivable will, for me, remove any challenge in the instance.

I rarely sell loot and I am not particularly rich in-game.. So that's not part of my motivation btw.

Where are the game servers located btw? Never checked.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Nov 16th, 2014 at 18:22:44.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

They changed instantkill-mechanic in db2. Worked well.

Making those flames survivable will, for me, remove any challenge in the instance.
    If it's that bad they can just up the amp in other areas of the encounter.

In this suggestion you wont surrive standing in flames btw, it's just not instantkill anymore.

@Xootch:It has affected me in the past both in this and other games, not in DB3 as it's a more recent addition. I stand by what I wrote in the sense that I believe the vast majority of the playerbase doesn't have this issue. I may be wrong.
    When I did have the issue I blamed and complained to my ISP and, at the time, government. Gladly things changed.

If a major chunk of the population can't do DB3 then something needs to be done asap. I just think improving the netcode and data centre connections is a better way to go about it as the insta kill flames only set in after smaller non insta kill flames 'warn' you to move.

I rarely sell loot and I am not particularly rich in-game.. So that's not part of my motivation btw.

Where are the game servers located btw? Never checked.
    who determines when a fraction of the player base becomes big enough to change things asap or still is small enough to just ignore? for arguments sake, how about we turn that argument around? i think that db without sync issues is not hard at all, and i believe so do most people. so as long as its only you and a minority thinking that its the instakill alone that makes this whole encounter challenging we should fix the flames!

@Xootch: I respectfully disagree in what makes that encounter challenging (with the argument turned around, that's all I can say because it becomes opinion-based). It's not hard/insanely difficult but it's not another tank&spank fest and I'm all for those. I see many people like the mechanics of it, too.

Game designers should determine the fraction of population support it takes to change things asap. If I was determining it, something above 35% of the active population would be my target. I'm not though, so that's irrelevant.
    Again I'll argue that removing the instakill is not the only way to fix the encounter and if we could solve sync issues overall in this game without sacrificing the global servers it would be, as far as I'm concerned, the best solution. (this is an opinion, not a fact so.. each to his own).

How does Mitaar go for people with similar connection issues btw? It shouldn't be impossible but I can imagine it being pretty hard as well. (asking to see if a netcode revamp could have nice side-effects there)
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Nov 16th, 2014 at 19:07:42.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

I see many people like the mechanics of it, too.
    The mechanic or the instantkill?

my friend, quite a lot of assumptions in your post, don't you think?

I do, cause people usually take the easiest path. If they nerf the flames enough that docs can out heal it, that will be the end of running around on floor 2.
    If they slow things down, or nerf the fire enough that heavy lag people can survive it, then it will be a breeze for those that dont lag.

AO wanted to create something to give people a challenge, something that people cant dual log in and cant be semi afk just shooting in. Lets just leave it the way it is.
    If some people cant do less than 1% of the game because of lag, its not the instance fault. Maybe most of it will be fixed with the updates.

As for mitaar they made the boss so hard that most people just tank and spank it without moving at all.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    I do, cause people usually take the easiest path. If they nerf the flames enough that docs can out heal it, that will be the end of running around on floor 2.
    If they slow things down, or nerf the fire enough that heavy lag people can survive it, then it will be a breeze for those that dont lag.

AO wanted to create something to give people a challenge, something that people cant dual log in and cant be semi afk just shooting in. Lets just leave it the way it is.
    If some people cant do less than 1% of the game because of lag, its not the instance fault. Maybe most of it will be fixed with the updates.

As for mitaar they made the boss so hard that most people just tank and spank it without moving at all.
    what are you talking about. without sync issues that floor is easy. with sync issues its impossible. but lets keep it for you and digital since apparently having others do it ruins the game for you. i don't care, i play lol these days, but the argument you two bring forth is...remarkable.

I live in Australia and I've beat fire floor once.

so... Xootch "impossible" is wrong.... extremely implausible is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I live in Australia and I've beat fire floor once.

so... Xootch "impossible" is wrong.... extremely implausible is appropriate.
    my apologies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast