Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestions for DB3-instance and instances

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I am not a DB3 expert but most of the teams I've been in where people were dieing to the fire were because they were standing in the fire. Now I have personally experienced a synch issue that I believe was related to my internet connection. But the reality is that I was experiencing problems everywhere I went.. not just in DB3 but I was complaining about problems in Pande, APF, etc. Once that was cleared up I was back to normal being able to navigate just fine the overwhelming majority of the time. I hate to call people out but if your connection is just fine and you've done every raid in game and then all of a sudden are experiencing synch issues in DB3 I'm just going to say that the problem is probably between the keyboard and the chair. See the cool thing about AO's historical issues is that whenever something goes wrong in an instance or someone dies in a team/raid people cry 'lag'.
    The short of it, is that all other raids are doable with 500~700ms latency, even Mitaar, with the exception of DB3.
    The server side deals the damage before you see the indicator that the flames are on the way.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    lol. this is your conclusion of his post? really?

in that case, you must envy mcknuckle to die in the nerfed version, right? i suggest you go forth and play ao through a proxy in uganda or something, so you can get the pleasure of doing the hardest instance in ao with the challenge until you pass it. Not a another boring thing where you can see what happens when it happens! maybe you can ask our new gd to put in an edmaster mode, with sync issues no matter what your connection is like, just so you dont get bored standing there and talking to friends but so you can get the skill to foresee the pattern no matter how bad you are off the server sync. let others call it a bug, you made it a feature! such a pitty you've never actually experienced it yourself.
    Relax. You seem to be the one not reading. AO bugs like there is no tomorrow. All I asked is what do you want AO to do about db3? Fix the sync issues maybe yes, what else?

Dynamic raids probably will be the answer to new content, and all those complaining about MBing. As long as they dont make db3 another tank and spank like mitarr (I am not complaining about this, leave it the way it is) I am fine.

McKnuckleSamwich I cant really say i agree with you totally about the tank and spank issue. RK seemed less of a tank and spank than sl was.
    AO do need to upgrade some issues before they can make more dynamic content.

Interesting enough... I don't see how anyone "could" change AO from tank and spank without a fundamental shift in the entire game mechanics.

The closet encounter that breaks that mold for 1 prof is 12m IF you use a fixer instead of keeper. Even then it's only work for the fixer having to pay attention to each other member of the raid team. While everyone else still tank/spanks.

AO is tank and spank no matter how you try to ****e it up. You either focus on damage, defense, or heals. Either you do enough dmg to zero out pve health before yours runs out. Or you evade/outheal until their health runs out before yours. Plain and simple.

All the threads i've seen about the "difficulty" of AO is like going to the produce dept of a grocery store expecting someone to bake you a fresh apple pie. Sure you can find apples there but the capability to make them into a baked pie is just not gonna happen.

AO is not hard nor can it ever be. The only way to make a game "hard' is with some form of dynamic AI that randomizes more variables to keep players on their toes. Something where there is a pool of 1000's of random occurrences to keep players guessing. Even that would eventually lose out with players power creeping more and more defense/heals to outlast it.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    RK seemed less of a tank and spank than sl was.
    We're obviously talking pre DB here, so with exclusion of the DB zones, we have:
    Subway
    TOTW
    SOM
    Cyborg hideout
    Foremans
    COH
    IS
    RK missions
    RK dyna
    RK named mobs on timers
    Tara

Whatever is making it "seem" like RK is not tank'n'spank... isn't actually. I'm not sure what is making you feel that way.

The only things on that list which aren't tank'n'spank are: COH when you need 2 people to pull levers to gain access to the dungeon, and Tara when you MAY need to PVP in order to get access to the boss.

However, even then, once access is gained, those two instances are merely tank'n'spank as well.

SL, similarly, (not alternately) was JUST as tank'n'spank, which is my point entirely - ALL of AO, up to DB1/2/3 is tank'n'spank.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    Relax. You seem to be the one not reading.
    enough to see you quoted the wrong post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123