Thread: GMI Suggestion - Historical Data

GMI Suggestion - Historical Data

Right now the GMI has statistics of most popular Buy and Sell orders. It also has the option of seeing Information on an item in the GMI ... requirements to equip, etc.

Would it be possible to give access to the last 5 or 10 completed transactions for an item in GMI? For some items it might require also posting the quality of the item sold/bought or allow a search by quality selected in order to provide useful information. In other words when checking history of implants there would need to be a way of limiting the history by quality. Another example would be ql 100 blackbirds vs 101 - 104.

This would help a lot for users of GMI to have an indication of the "going" price of an item based on completed transactions vs the sometimes over-priced items still sitting in GMI unsold.

Since historical information is being retained by GMI in order to give the Statistics information, perhaps this could be done without a significant amount of coding?

Emma

Sounds like a good idea to help new and returning get a feel for the market, too!
    /sign
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

This is a good suggestion.

Honestly even if you couldn't run any kind of search on QL it would be really helpful to implement anyway. It would probably have to store more than 5-10 transactions though. We used to have something like this with marketwatch until it died.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

As a general rule of thumb you can usually say that if something has been externally designed as a feature of some 3rd party software or website and lots of people found it helpful then it's something that FC could consider putting into their game officially.

I often got the feeling that FC were happy to let someone else design 'ease of use' features for their game rather then introduce these kinds of features themselves. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of such thing like 'Clicksaver', 'Org Bots', Demoders excellent TowerWar Tracker site, Auno.org ect ect.

Couldn't FC have approached these guys and asked them about utilising some of their talents in the actual game design?

Yes please, being able to see what a thing sold for and how many things were sold for all items, not just a top sellers list would be good.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    As a general rule of thumb you can usually say that if something has been externally designed as a feature of some 3rd party software or website and lots of people found it helpful then it's something that FC could consider putting into their game officially.

I often got the feeling that FC were happy to let someone else design 'ease of use' features for their game rather then introduce these kinds of features themselves. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of such thing like 'Clicksaver', 'Org Bots', Demoders excellent TowerWar Tracker site, Auno.org ect ect.

Couldn't FC have approached these guys and asked them about utilising some of their talents in the actual game design?
    In most of those cases I'm glad the community implemented them rather than FC; it gives us more control over how they operate, and we can roll out new features and adjust settings without waiting for FC to devote resources to it.

In the case of a market watch, I believe there was a thread in the not-too-distant past where someone figured out how to implement it, but FC nixed the project on the grounds that they originally planned to do it themselves. I got 0 impression that a plan was in the works to complete the job, however. The player implementation would be a sketchy job anyway, involving automated manipulation of the client as far as I can tell.

The thing that gets me is, the GMI works on the Awesomium platform, so implementing new features can even be done without a patch. Collecting the data should be trivial, designing a form for displaying it wouldn't be that complicated. There must be some hidden problems preventing it from rolling out.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat