Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nodrop items

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Nodrop tags are important for example to keep people raiding instances.
    This. And this is the very reason the outdated loot system in AO has also got to go for any new encounters that are added.

Raid loot should spawn in player inventories. I don't think changing most of the older raids is a good idea simply because it will piss to many people off, but part of keeping people involved in MMOs is keeping them raiding, and although I don't have any moral problems with selling lootrights, people should be raiding for the items that they need, at least in many cases.

Since coming back last month, I am *still* running into 220s, some of them 5+ year players, who have NEVER done DB2/3, or even Beast. In some cases, they also haven't done any Sectors or Xan PFs, simply because they can buy the LR. But, they have ALL done Informant - why? Because they had to do it in order to actually get what they needed. The main complaint I see in support of selling LR is that veteran players don't want to spend the time getting a raid together, or that raids don't run often enough - however, that argument is specious - if everyone needed to actually raid in order to get BoC, there would be a lot of raids running, a lot of the time.

As I said however, I don't expect that FC will change current encounters unless they see a huge influx of new players. But what I hope they do is add a proper modern loot system for any major new encounters that they may add.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    While you didn't use the term "I think" isn't anything that isn't 100% fact simply someone's opinion.
    It when we get to nitpicking that my responses reflect a growing annoyance. For example it would be easy to say NOTHING is 100% fact. You can't say for 100% that the sun will rise tomorrow and not go supernova tonight. You also can't say for 100% what you would and would not do if being faced with a life or death situation. Obviously no one reading has been faced with that sort of choice or they wouldn't be here reading. Unless of course they did what they said they would not do 100% to avoid death.

So using your post since nothing can be 100% fact everything must be someone's opinion.

Now that the nitpicking semantics are out of the way.

As the game is today with current skill requirements
    my "opinion" is that making ai armor nodrop would mean ql300 is primarily a domain for engi's and traders only.

Where it is theoretically possible to combine these items with almost any prof the cost of maxing trade skills in IP reset points would be prohibitive. I also do not think that most professions could not even do it no matter how hard you tried.

Now if you would like to show me a viable playable toon that you or anyone else has made that can make ql300 ai armor that is not an engi/trad I would gladly entertain it. I would be most than impressed if that toon was a shade. Or if you want to show me your twink that can make their own ql 150 nodrop ai armor id be surprised.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Make all yesdrop, and be done with it.
    This. bumb

Really? You "smart" people are making a discussion about tradeskills? Can nobody see the obvious answer? Wow, trolling is at its lowest in this forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12