Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balance of AC's

Balance of AC's

Dmg of weapons are since Ai (2003) are rising like hell but we still have the HardCap on our AC on 15000, while Softcap with 10000.

You start to rise dmg but forget the defensive Part that is a classic in any mmo.

A Profession that don't have good/strong evades / def have to equip AC's to protect a bit. But we still have since 2003 reached this soft cap. Who cares with around 13000 AC about the Engi +5k AC buff? Anyone.

Would be nice to see here a improvement of AC calculation.

My opinion: No cap at ACs. Who have AC's should also be able to use them and not only to see them as "a ignored part of Armor cause we are in cap anyway."
    In memory of
    Niesa, Shadow01, Sabertouth, Luhr, Lupus, Cyberacid...

There are no built-in caps on the effectiveness of AC, but that fact doesn't make your general point any less valid.

can you please make your arguments more cohesive?

I honestly don't understand what you're talking about for most of these suggestions you're making.

AC's work, they've always worked.

If you're not satisfied with AC damage mitigation, use it in combination with other methods:

Evasion - reduction of hit chance
    AC's - direct reduction of hit magnitude
    Reflects - percentage reduction of hit magnitude
    absorbs - direct reduction of hit magnitude
    -dmg debuffs - direct reduction of potential hit magnitude
    -init debuffs - reduction of frequency of potential hits
    blockers - blocks a hit (or more), functional AFTER evasion, notably.
    -AAO debuffs - reduction of "weapon" of mob which both reduces magnitude of potential hit and reduces hit chance
    CC - not in fight
    DPS - kill before hit lands
    LOS - use collision to avoid hits
    Range - kill before mob is in range, root/snare out of range to reduce potential hit chance

Learn how to avoid damage, it's what AO's combat system is based on - AC's are a drop in the bucket and hardly need a second thought.

I think the real answer is to reduce the min dmg of weapons.
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

who actually wants that?

I mean, if you goin there, then we also need to reduce perk min damage...

And proc min damage...

And nuke min damage...

and that's a lot of numbers to change.

They need to get rid of the over powered armor with high AC across the board and weapons with high min damage that are in game, would make it more enjoyable.

'AC's are a drop in the bucket and hardly need a second thought.'

Shouldn't be that way in my opinion. Armor Class and, more importantly, your decision on which AC's to max should be of vital importance to how well you cope in certain situations. Would also make the AC buffs that are basically pointless for many professions useful and sought after.

Reason behind was the information i got long time ago:

AC's from 1 to 10.000 work as each 10 AC = 1 dmg less
    AC's from 10.001 to 15.000 only all 500 AC = 1 dmg less
    AC's from 15.001 + = don't give anymore protection.

But yes, "ThatsNotMyName" the problem behind this, is the extrem min dmg rise since Ai (2003)
    In memory of

They need fixed for sure. Damage reduction is one of the most simple concepts in an mmo. They need boosted by 200% minimum.

If we're talking pvp balance here I'd say the bigger problem is that nano/perk damage completely bypasses acs in pvp. Combine that with high min damage and acs is really only useful against pets and mas.

P.S There's usually someone who don't believe this is how acs work in pvp when I mention it, but it's easy to test using a lowbie nuke or a low dmg range perk like bot confinement.

Also perks should check to AC's like all other sort of damage.
    In memory of

Quote Originally Posted by Troodon View Post
    Also perks should check to AC's like all other sort of damage.
    They already do? My perks always hits min damage while hitting SL mobs and has a wider variation on RK ones.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    They already do? My perks always hits min damage while hitting SL mobs and has a wider variation on RK ones.
    But not in PvP.

Effective ac's would be cool. A noticable difference in damage migration because your ac's were higher give armor an over haul without actually having is change the armor values. Say 50 ac's negate 1 dmg. Across the board we would see difference at all lvl ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Painolympics View Post
    Effective ac's would be cool. A noticable difference in damage migration because your ac's were higher give armor an over haul without actually having is change the armor values. Say 50 ac's negate 1 dmg. Across the board we would see difference at all lvl ranges.
    But... 10AC already = 1 DMG
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Heh I can already hear the "nerf engies and troll form enfos" whines if acs were made relevant again.

bump, make ACs useful again for level 220s

In intrest of good fun.. Uncap ACs, it will make engi, soldier and enfo better. And help nonevaders in general pursue a healthy alternative.

Imagine a full AC engi taking roughly 2000 damage less per hit. Maybe engi could tank something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    In intrest of good fun.. Uncap ACs, it will make engi, soldier and enfo better. And help nonevaders in general pursue a healthy alternative.

Imagine a full AC engi taking roughly 2000 damage less per hit. Maybe engi could tank something.
    There is no cap.

but a soft cap at 10k?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    but a soft cap at 10k?
    None. Test it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast