Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lya Pads / Nomad Pads - Make them more available!

Lya Pads / Nomad Pads - Make them more available!

Hey, as you might figure out, this topic is about Lya pads and the Nomad pads.

We all know Agi/Sense are one of the most twinked abilities out there, most armors/symbs require either one of them. We also know that you always want to have all the best possible gear/items that gives the most efficient boost to those skills in order to twink fully. The Lya/Nomad pads is one item that outweighs any other agi/sense item in game. There are no other pads ingame that gives both agi/sense in one piece. And by locking this armor to seasonal content is just plain stupid, because that means you either have to;

1. Make a character around the time when they are soon to patch in these armor pieces.
    2. Twink without it and achieve less than you expected due to this problem.
    3. Dismiss making a twink at all because the thought of not being able to equip some sort of item because you lack these pads, gets you off.

In my opinion they should try to introduce some sort of quest where you can obtain these pads in different ql's. Hard and long, sure. But make them available all-year-around.

Thanks
    Last edited by Oliveerz; Nov 25th, 2014 at 02:39:27.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

they problabe gonna change this and allot more with some time

Make them self level on right click? Also lyas should drop in canister form in enigma like nomad does.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Hey, as you might figure out, this topic is about Lya pads and the Nomad pads.

We all know Agi/Sense are one of the most twinked abilities out there, most armors/symbs require either one of them. We also know that you always want to have all the best possible gear/items that gives the most efficient boost to those skills in order to twink fully. The Lya/Nomad pads is one item that outweighs any other agi/sense item in game. There are no other pads ingame that gives both agi/sense in one piece. And by locking this armor to seasonal content is just plain stupid, because that means you either have to;

1. Make a character around the time when they are soon to patch in these armor pieces.
    2. Twink without it and achieve less than you expected due to this problem.
    3. Dismiss making a twink at all because the thought of not being able to equip some sort of item because you lack these pads, gets you off.

In my opinion they should try to introduce some sort of quest where you can obtain these pads in different ql's. Hard and long, sure. But make them available all-year-around.

Thanks
    I'll sign that - seeing as I rolled 3 different toons for twinks I had in mind right before Halloween just for the sake of getting the pads, having to time your builds around a seasonal event is a pain in the ass. Although, it did get me to start up my subs again, so I guess it works for FC.

I'm guessing that the reason they have them NODROP is to encourage people to play more around Halloween, but really, twink items should in most cases not be NODROP.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

not sure about lya, but nomad isnt that hard to farm really.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    not sure about lya, but nomad isnt that hard to farm really.
    The problem is not getting them during the patches, it is getting them when they are not patched in. That's the issue im trying to talk about.
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

i vote no for this since there is supposed to be items that are hard to obtain and not available to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    i vote no for this since there is supposed to be items that are hard to obtain and not available to everyone.

Why? When? Who?

AO is full of items that are rare and impossible to get with the toon that is going to use them. Maybe that is one of the reasons for its present popularity?

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    It's just that... It is not HARD to obtain it, and it is available for everyone. Not just all-year-around, like most other rare twink items. Exception of Pioneer backpack and Miy cloaks. (That I can think of)
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Well it kind of is the definition of seasonal or special event items. I for one would like more seasonal items.

Twinking aside I did a LOT of my twinking without pads (before they were even in game), sure they would have made it easier but in AO it's a lot of "either or" type items. The toons that I have BoC or apf belt on don't need shoulder pads vice versa the toons I have shoulder pads don't need BoC or apf belt.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

event items shouldnt be items that highly benefit players for pvp. you're then forced to play in the event or not be max twinked on some profession becose of it wich is wrong.
    items that should dropp in events should be social etc

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    event items shouldnt be items that highly benefit players for pvp. you're then forced to play in the event or not be max twinked on some profession becose of it wich is wrong.
    items that should dropp in events should be social etc
    Agreed fully. You understand what I mean.
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Maybe you didn't understand me. I play neutral toons so I don't get fancy contracts from high lvl towers and I still am able to get alpha's in my toons WITHOUT shoulder pads. You may have to get an extra few items but it is doable.

I have no problem with special event items being seasonal, IF they are that important to you then I guess you better be around for the event. Maybe that is the whole attraction to the event is the special item drops.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Maybe you didn't understand me. I play neutral toons so I don't get fancy contracts from high lvl towers and I still am able to get alpha's in my toons WITHOUT shoulder pads. You may have to get an extra few items but it is doable.

I have no problem with special event items being seasonal, IF they are that important to you then I guess you better be around for the event. Maybe that is the whole attraction to the event is the special item drops.
    There are plenty of other special items that are YES drop, that drops during this season. I could care less about your alpha twinking. Some professions/breeds NEEDS them. Not just at tl7, but at lower title lvls too. I don't see why you can't agree with me.
    Nodrop items that only drop during seasonal content that is ESSENTIAL during twinking should be available all-year-around. Period.
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Yea uhm that's where we disagree, because I don't think they are essential enough to make them every day items. On the bright side players have a whole year to either get lucky in a beast team or albratum team or plenty of time to save up to buy lootrights.

You can't tell me agility buffing is more essential for any breed more than Nanomage which I primarily play. In quite a few of the setups here you can see shoulders were not needed.

Of course they would have made this easier, but like I said not required if you know what items you can substitute. Shoulders are very nice QoL buffing items but not required. Just takes more work with out them.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Yea uhm that's where we disagree, because I don't think they are essential enough to make them every day items. On the bright side players have a whole year to either get lucky in a beast team or albratum team or plenty of time to save up to buy lootrights.

You can't tell me agility buffing is more essential for any breed more than Nanomage which I primarily play. In quite a few of the setups here you can see shoulders were not needed.

Of course they would have made this easier, but like I said not required if you know what items you can substitute. Shoulders are very nice QoL buffing items but not required. Just takes more work with out them.
    Some twinking requires these pads to even work. Like high ql ai armor on tl5, ofab and so on. So yes, they are needed. Maybe not in tl7, but in lower lvls for sure.
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

If you are trying to put on ql 300 armor on a lvl 150 toon lol. Otherwise you strap on agility rings/pistols and make a run at it.

You are talking about items that could allow you to ultra twink, im sorry I can't see changing seasonal special event items to everyday drop just to make it easier to create a tl5 twinks.

I understand your frustration, but I have to say the without seasonal items there isn't much attraction to seasonal/holiday events.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You are talking about items that could allow you to ultra twink, im sorry I can't see changing seasonal special event items to everyday drop just to make it easier to create a tl5 twinks.
    This. The entire essence of low TL twinking is making use of newer items to get on gear so far above what was ever intended to be used by anyone even remotely close to that level that it borders on the ridiculous.

lower TL PvP is like the wild west, it is fun but you cant possibly expect them to make design decisions around it.
    Last edited by Krause; Nov 27th, 2014 at 03:00:35.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

This is still an issue. Maybe the anniversary patch could solve this? Seasonal buffing items is just ludicrous. Make them either available throughout the year or remove the NoDrop tag.

Interestingly, the new DB armor is yes drop -

But the game should revolve around the player, especially for buffing gear - availability during small windows is not player-centric. Events can have special social gear and that's fine.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast