Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lya Pads / Nomad Pads - Make them more available!

I'm wondering if I'll have to wait until June to put my Soldier's EoE on since she doesn't have the shoulders.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Oh, two years later and not a single f*ck was given by the devs. Although, they have introduced hiisi blades that replace ai pillows. Maybe they can do something similiar to agi/sense pads?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Or we could just all spawn at 220/30 with everything you could possibly want....That's in essence what you're after.

I like the idea, and the result of having special items only available at certain times of the year. This game is already ridiculous for instancing as it is yet folks want to take away yet another thing that separates the casual from the Vet.

Definite debump for this. If you can't be bothered to get the items when they're available, then you should damn well wait like the rest of us had to. This mentality of "I must have everything that everyone else has" without waiting for it or working for it is a real negative to my idea of the game.

You want the items? You know when and where they drop. Go get them while you can, otherwise stfu and wait.

Oh, whoa is me, someone else has something I don't have. Such is life.

And just as a caveat to the post, I'd suggest you go play on Test for awhile, get all your gear from Auto - Then see how much pleasure and satisfaction you get from it. Mark my words, it'll be jack all. This is why i've objected to the instancing of Pande & such..Not that it keeps people apart, it's the satisfaction you get from finally acquiring your goal. Look at how people treat a Burden nowadays, it's basically just ****e...Not like 'back in the day' when you actually felt a bit accomplished at finally getting your gear. Now it's just yet another farm. No satisfaction or pleasure in a game results in people not caring and after that, what do people do? Yes, they leave.
    Last edited by Aiken; May 6th, 2016 at 20:09:44.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Or we could just all spawn at 220/30 with everything you could possibly want....That's in essence what you're after.

I like the idea, and the result of having special items only available at certain times of the year. This game is already ridiculous for instancing as it is yet folks want to take away yet another thing that separates the casual from the Vet.

Definite debump for this. If you can't be bothered to get the items when they're available, then you should damn well wait like the rest of us had to. This mentality of "I must have everything that everyone else has" without waiting for it or working for it is a real negative to my idea of the game.

You want the items? You know when and where they drop. Go get them while you can, otherwise stfu and wait.

Oh, whoa is me, someone else has something I don't have. Such is life.

And just as a caveat to the post, I'd suggest you go play on Test for awhile, get all your gear from Auto - Then see how much pleasure and satisfaction you get from it. Mark my words, it'll be jack all. This is why i've objected to the instancing of Pande & such..Not that it keeps people apart, it's the satisfaction you get from finally acquiring your goal. Look at how people treat a Burden nowadays, it's basically just ****e...Not like 'back in the day' when you actually felt a bit accomplished at finally getting your gear. Now it's just yet another farm. No satisfaction or pleasure in a game results in people not caring and after that, what do people do? Yes, they leave.

Now, if I wish to make a twink in a certain level, and I just made it after a patch where they were dropping lya/nomad pads, Do you really think I deserve to wait another 6 months in order to twink that character properly? It's not about being handed things, it's about making it available at all times. I never said it didn't had to be a long and hard quest in order to get them. Just the fact that you CANNOT in any way get that item, which is in many cases VERY essential in some twinking builds. Maybe a old grumpy vet like you haven't made a new character in a very long time, you probably have all the items you need on all your characters. Here's a newsflash for you; People actually make new twinks all the time! Why penalize them? I'd think people would rather leave a game because of that than many other reasons. Seaonal items are the worst. Especially when it is such a powerful item. It's not like Lya/Nomad is in any way a rare item at all when they are dropping. So what exactly is the problem here, Aiken?

By the way, nostalgia is a very strong feeling. Attending Beastraids 300 times is not in any way a pleasure, it's a grind. Sure you can feel satisfaction when getting an item, but raiding the same raid 300 times isn't what you would call 'fun' in a game.
    Last edited by Sancus; May 7th, 2016 at 10:19:11. Reason: Top comment removed.
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Having to pay for several months in between events just to put normal gear on a specific endgame breed / profession combo is simply not fair.

The shoulders could be a unique seasonal item in a more creative way, or be obnoxiously hard to get off event.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

You have completely missed the point. The objection is towards it being a seasonal item, not whether it is easy or not to obtain them. By all means make it hard to acquire, just make it possible throughout the year and not behind trivial seasonal content.

The only thing that the seasonal items separates is whether you made your character during or prior to this event or not. Casuals and veterans (two terms that are unifiable) can get the items easily during the event as long as their characters in fact already exists. It is daunting to start new twink projects when you know it cannot be optimized until you can acquire said seasonal items. Let's also clarify that seasonal items is perfectly justifiable as long as they do not bring significant advantage in terms of twinking, PvP, PvE, etc. Only social items should be restricted by seasons.

The burden was still available for every single player throughout the year. It was only gated by content. That's the issue with the seasonal buffing items. We want them to be gated by content, not seasons. Let me also repeat that it can be difficult content.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    I suppose you haven't gotten laid in a long time, because of your butthurtness.

Now, if I wish to make a twink in a certain level, and I just made it after a patch where they were dropping lya/nomad pads, Do you really think I deserve to wait another 6 months in order to twink that character properly? It's not about being handed things, it's about making it available at all times. I never said it didn't had to be a long and hard quest in order to get them. Just the fact that you CANNOT in any way get that item, which is in many cases VERY essential in some twinking builds. Maybe a old grumpy vet like you haven't made a new character in a very long time, you probably have all the items you need on all your characters. Here's a newsflash for you; People actually make new twinks all the time! Why penalize them? I'd think people would rather leave a game because of that than many other reasons. Seaonal items are the worst. Especially when it is such a powerful item. It's not like Lya/Nomad is in any way a rare item at all when they are dropping. So what exactly is the problem here, Aiken?

By the way, nostalgia is a very strong feeling. Attending Beastraids 300 times is not in any way a pleasure, it's a grind. Sure you can feel satisfaction when getting an item, but raiding the same raid 300 times isn't what you would call 'fun' in a game.
    Plan your twink better next time
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

event items should never added high twink advantages, they should be unique with some social outfit etc etc, you be forced to play 2 times on a certain timeframe each years to get it is just dumb becose not evryone might have the time during such events, work, kids, social life what not cant be put aside just becose a game desideds that you cant make a twink if you dont tell evryone in real life to piss off becose you gotta farm your lya/nomad pads during the timeframe.

a game should be equal to evryone, and those pads alone has been a issue since day 1.

Definately not. Keep the seasonal items seasonal. If you dont have enough time to play when the items become available, dont get the items. Wait until you can. The seasonal Items are a bonus for playing during the seasonal content. A reward if you like for making yourself available during the seasonal celebrations or in a way a payment for sacrificing the time needed to get the items when the content is available. To argue that the items should be available all the time because people dont have the time to plan around content that comes gauranteed at specific points in the year is absurd. You have 6 months to plan to get these. If you want them that badly, plan to get them. To say that you can not put off real life to get items in a game world is a valid point but its as valid to say that I should be able to get beast items or PoH items despite not having the 2 hours free that it takes to sit in a team/raid and farm them. The content in a sense is easier to get than beast/PoH items, simply because you can farm them freely without having to have decently geared friends to join you. The only constraint is time and the only thing you have to do to achieve what you want is to wait. It simply could not be any easier.

I want a fully awakened PoH set (for example or could insert any item here) but finding time when I am free long enough, at the same time that I have a group of capable friends on, at the same time that they are free, at the same time they are interested is quite difficult. Numbers are waining in the game and it is prooving nion impossible to get these items that I want. I feel I deserve as much as anyone because I feel I am entitled to as much as anybody else so lets just hand me them on a platter. Lets create a shopping temrinal in ICC and call it "everything" and in it put in all loot that can be difficult to get for any reason. Be that reason hard encounter, be it rare drop, be it seasonal content, be it raid requirement, be it any reason that could possibly be conceived as a stumbling block. And of course because credits are a stumbling block to some, lets just set the price of all items to -25m to combat people who dont have any creds finding the price a stumbling block.

People in this thread have asked for a mission that gives the pads as reward but these missions already exist at halloween where you can pull the mission, blitz it to pumpkin boss and then hope for the armor piece you need.

These items are NOT needed for a toon to be effective as many other items offer help when twinking. Having these items can help you make a better character but if you dont have them due to not having rolled the toon when the content was available.. simple... make the best toon you can until the content becomes available and then when it does, get the pads and then retwink. If anything it offers your toon extra lease for life and like aiken said, extra accomplishment. and no as some have tried to belittle and demean... that acomplishment is not with the petty lil items that drop in seasonal content... it is with the end result of a toon that you can make after having put in the patience, time and effort during that small window of opportunity needed to get the items that drop so rarely. To toss out toys from the pram/stamp feet/scweam till mummywummy gives you what you want doesnt really impress anyone. This is a system that has been in place for years, it works fine and as intended, leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    <snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    <snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    <snip>
    <snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleekyz View Post
    <snip>
    Well Said, Agreed!

these are super twink items, if you want them... plan for them, wait for them, farm them. You basically want a twink comparable toother people but you dont wanty to get that twink on the same playing field. You want to move the goal posts closer together and bring them closeer to you. Another way of gettinga toon comparable to everyone else is to petition funcom to just ban and delete all toons that are better than you. If anyone beats you, get that toon deleted .. that way not having the seasonal content isnt an issue... infact its better because you can still beat everyone on the server despite not having it in you to farm the items that should be required for you to do so!
    Last edited by gresh; May 7th, 2016 at 08:04:16.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

The idea of event items is good, the way FC handles it is also good. There are few times a year where you can see the population boost up due to these items. If they were available all year around we wouldn't see those brief spikes of players online. It's something the game could need more of in it's current state.

If you can't wait 5 months to get that one last item for your twink then you need to consider what that character really is. A twink takes time, it's never done in one sitting, it needs calculating, collecting and testing. This is one of the charms with making a low level monster. It takes time, not everyone can do it in just one sitting. It requires planning, knowledge and lots of time.

If you don't have the time to wait for those events, then just play a 220 character instead.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

These shoulders should never have been a 'seasonal' item seeing as such they are an integral part in equipping items on various breeds and title levels for characters. They are not hard to farm or buy due to the vast amount farmed during the event times, but rolling a character and trying to complete it when it isn't during the summer anniversary or october is quite the obstacle unless you plan out characters based on funcoms *holiday* rewards. This isn't a veteran award, just a right place/right time aspect. It should be changed, but we won't get a response from Michi or any funcom staff since they're so busy with this crazy update schedule. (Protip; Respond to threads that have merit one way or the other Funcom.)
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Well, shoulders are now less and less neaded, to the point of being a sesonal reward... It has been this year for nearly 15 years so...

But to have a Dyna in Reck, or a deseet nomad camp in say PW, Mort or somewhere that would not be wrong at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I cant even be arsed to argument against you guys. You stick to your opinions, I stick to mine.
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

By some of the arguments here, someone should start a post that demands blackmanes stat buffer be introduced as a farmable yesdrop item! Because it is "essential" for twinking roflol.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    By some of the arguments here, someone should start a post that demands blackmanes stat buffer be introduced as a farmable yesdrop item! Because it is "essential" for twinking roflol.
    With what logic did you derive this? The 'Blackmane's Stat Buffer' item was never a seasonal drop, unlike the legitimate items discussed previously. Seems like an odd surmise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowforcee View Post
    With what logic did you derive this? The 'Blackmane's Stat Buffer' item was never a seasonal drop, unlike the legitimate items discussed previously. Seems like an odd surmise.
    The surmise is simple, blackmanes stat buffer is only available at limited times when the appropriate buff giver is available. Seasonal items are only available when the appropriate mobs are available. In this case 1x per year for lya pads. Both are for twinking. Pretty cut and dry comparison there. The only difference is you know EXACTLY when and where to get lya pads.

What really bothers me about this entire thread is the fact that I play 99% Neutral Nanomage which has the greatest need for agi/sen buffing with no contracts from ql300 towers and I didnt use lya pads for alphas. So why this is even an issue is ridiculous. How all the master twink calculators cant figure out how to go to aodb/auno for a list of agi/sen buff items to make up the difference is beyond reasoning.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Imho you should wait till June...

I only agree that these items are made avaible to the masses if only these will become temporary items (lets say 5 ingame hours) at the cost of a microtransaction. And permanent version should cost you a fortune.

I can agree I hate the timeslot given items or other time locked game events, but mainly because I can't seem to time my RL and ingame play at the right moments. Then again such items are, probably, holding some part of the game together. People have to plan towards something, be aware of a specific moment and act accordingly. You snooze, you loose.

If else, on a random Saterday... "what, I forgot my Shoulder pads? Hmm, lets make coffee first and I'll shop-by and grab em after the croissants are ready"
    All done, toon complete. Game would be dead on Sundays...
    Last edited by Zwelgje; May 12th, 2016 at 09:29:29.

Hello,
    Maybe event mobs could drop some items, what u can use to create armours later after even by grafting. But still u need to farm those items when that event is running. Maybe selling option so when u combine last parts then it will change to nondrop or something.
    -E
    Everqu - MP - 220/30/80
    Def - Equip
    Crit - Equip

Wasaaa - ENF - 220/30/80
    Laxe - NT - 220/30/80
    wizkep - Keep - 220/80/30

WASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Since 2005

yeah seasonal nodrop twink gear is really frustrating. Essentially two months out of the year are suitable for creating a new lowbie twink, especially a froob one. Lya's pads and sleeves, and their desert nomad variants, are almost essential for buffing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    #BAN_SOJU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12