Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Professions and there weapons

Professions and there weapons

With a thread on the Advy when a different route and perhaps fun to address it here further.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...-adv-shoulders

For a bigger discussion I'll start a new here.

My opinion can be read in that other thread but in essence the pistol skill is now available as a main line of weapon for at least 5 out of 14 professions and viable for at least 8 or 9 out of 14, if they want to or even favored for PvP. Pistol is so much supported that it's viable for almost any profession. Imho I think this is not a healthy setting however

So this is what could ****e things up (perhaps a good thing it’s not up to me ).Just some idea's :
    (+) supported/ favored line
    (_) not possible at all.
    I mean supported by there toolset and proper weapon versions to be made available. Anything not mentioned could be possible but is not supported by buffs, prof locked equip and or perks etc. This will include and effect buffing items as well. Pets and Nukes are weapons as well.

Adventurer
    + Pistol or 1HE
    _ Not use any 2 handed weapon

Agent
    + Rifle or Piercing
    _ Can not dual wield range weapons

Bureaucrat
    + Pets, Nuke, Psycology based weapons (briefcase stuff) or Crystals (melee energy?)
    _ Can not dual wield ranged weapons

Doctor
    + DoT’s, Cups (Bio met)
    _ Can not dual wield

Enforcer
    + Any 2 handed melee
    + Option to use 2 handed weapons dual (with some minor penalties)
    _ Can not dual wield 1 handed weapons

Engineer
    + Pets, Heavy Weapons, Granade, Pistol and MA
    _ Can not dual wield ranged weapons

Fixer
    + MG/SMG
    _ Must dual wield

Keeper
    + 2HE, melee energy, ranged energy
    + Combine 1 or 2 handed melee weapons with offhand shield weapon
    _ Can not dual wield 1 handed melee weapons

Martial artist
    + MA or Bow and special attacks MA and Bow
    _ (?)

Meta-physicist
    + Pets, Nuke and Cast weapons (MC and TS based)
    _ Can not dual wield ranged

Nano-technician
    + Nuke, DoT, Crystals (melee energy?) and NT board
    _ Ranged weapons

Shade
    + Piercing, MA and Sharp Objects
    _ No ranged weapons

Soldier
    + 2 handed ranged weapons
    + Option to use 2 handed weapons dual (with some minor penalties)
    _ Can not dual wield 1 handed weapons

Trader
    + Shotgun, Grenade, 1 / 2 HB (No idea realy :P)

So what's your opinion and what do you think professions should use?
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Nov 25th, 2014 at 12:20:17.

...So you expect my entire source of killing in pvm or doing DD in general to be a cup and dots...dude what are you smoking??

Basically what I got out of this was only advy can dual wield 1he weapons and pistols.

Fixers can no longer use ai smgs or prof locked s7 smg, but soldiers can now dual wield the s7 smg.

Keepers can use melee energy EXCEPT the best ones in game s7 spec edition and dawn/dusk because they are 1h options.

Only MA can use any weapon in game.

Soldiers can not use pistol/smg dual but they can dual anger of xan. zOOOOOOOomg

All enfos would switch to dual Pride of xan. zOOOOOOOomg
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    So what's your opinion and what do you think professions should use?
    Anything they can pick up.

Seriously. Let's get some variety in up here.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

so you as a adv professional mean adv ned pistols love? or did i missunderstand something now?
    if so you are totaly lost and i dont know what mushrom you ate today

Someone at FC decided that AO is actually an FPS/RPG hybrid, and as such, the default sidearm for everyone should be a pistol, like oldschool shooters start you with. Yeah, that's it.

In all seriousness though, yeah, variety is good. More weapons based on oddball stats for some professions would be nice too - like the engi pistol or the crat case, using profession-reflective skills as either attack skills or as a weapon special or secondary skill.

From the fact that there is piercing in control symbs, at least someone at some time either screwed up badly or actually thought that maybe people might like oddball setups.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Keeper
    + 2HE, melee energy, ranged energy
    + Combine 1 or 2 handed melee weapons with offhand shield weapon
    _ Can not dual wield 1 handed melee weapons
    Keepers need pistol support too. Have you seen our IPS statue ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Keepers need pistol support too. Have you seen our IPS statue ?
    Maybe?
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/G...Weapon_Type%29

there should be no restrictions. as for skills, i do think that some things could be reworked. the main problem that i have with ao's weapon system is the restricted weapons as they are. there were weapons restricted to the profs who were supposed to use them, for instance perennium weapons. and in some cases that makes sense, because having everyone run around with an sps is probably not a good idea (that's what the troll pistol is there for afterall..uhm, yeah...). so what i take from that is that for certain specials or mods that are a core feature of a certain prof, restrictions may have to be made. but i see them as a compromise in a largely open system. what i like even less is support weapons that are restricted. why should a support prof, with weaker base skill and missing symb support make up for this intended disadvantage by using a much stronger weapon than a prof that should be good at firing it can use? now all the support prof players will come in here and tell you how hard it is to use a pistol with an nt without those weapons. and they are right. but imo they are not supposed to do so. then someone will pop up and say they are not viable without. whatever.

Add solper with solper weapon to game pls

I would make all professions be able to master a few (maybe 3) different weapons. One of them would be the default, cookie-cutter setup, easy to equip and use. The other 2 would be harder to equip and use properly. Why? Making many different professions capable of equipping many different weapons sounds neat but is probably impossible to balance and it would be useless. Everybody would be "Catervauling" and all other weapons would be abandoned anyway. OTOH having a few different weapons with different levels of difficulty to master would create a range of difficulty for players with different preferences. Anyone wanting to just play the game could do so with the cookie-cutter setup. Someone wanting a more challenging game could use the other weapon setups. The balanced setup would be easy "cookie cutter" setup. The others would require more effort to equip and buff. Also when I mean that a pet profession can have defensive or offensive pets it would mean that a focus in that area would allow for better pets. An engineer with a balanced setup with heavy weapons could do reasonable damage but cast only the best pet in one line, an offensive engy would dual wield pistols for best damage but would be unable to cast the best pets. A defensive setup would relay mostly on the pets doing damage and handling aggro.
    This would require careful evaluation of the IP use and some changes to the gear. Ofc it wont ever happen but wathevers.

The professions:

Adventurer:
    1-Pistols, balanced setup
    2-1he, dual wielded for offensive setup.
    3-1he, dual wielded with a shield for defensive setup.

Agent:
    1-Rifle, balanced setup
    2-Piercing, dual for offensive setup
    3-Piercing, single weapon for defensive setup

Bureaucrat:
    1-Shotgun for balanced setup
    2-Pistols, dual for offensive setup
    3-Pistol single, Pets and nanos for defensive setup

Doctor:
    1-MA for balanced setup
    2-Pistols or SMG for offensive
    3-Dots, CC and/or maybe pets for defensive setup

Enforcer:
    1-2hb for balanced setup
    2-1hb dual for offensive
    3-1hb with shield for defensive setup

Engineer:
    1-Heavy weapons for balanced setup
    2-Pistols dual for offensive
    3-Grenade+Pets for defensive setup

Fixer:
    1-SMG, single for balanced setup
    2-SMG, dual for offensive
    3-Shotgun for defensive setup

Keeper:
    1-2he for balanced setup
    2-1he dual for offensive
    3-1he with shield for defensive

Martial artist:
    1-MA for balanced setup
    2-Bow for offensive setup
    3-Throwing for defensive setup

Meta-physicist:
    1-Pets and nanos for balanced setup
    2-Bow for offensive
    3-1hb dual with shield for defensive setup

Nano-technician:
    1-Nukes and CC for balanced setup
    2-Nukes+ DoT's for offensive
    3-CC and defensive buffs for defensive setup

Shade:
    1-Melee energy for balanced setup
    2-Piercing for offensive setup
    3-MA for defensive setup

Soldier:
    1-Assault rifle for balanced setup
    2-Ranged energy dual for offensive
    3-Heavy weapons for defensive setup

Trader:
    1-Ranged energy
    2-Shotgun
    3-Grenade

Make adv pistol buffs and agent as buffs generic nanos so that the last few profs can make full css and troll pistol viable setups

MPs should definitely use double AS crossbows.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I am and always was against anything that forces specific weapon setups on any profession. I still resent the forced Cyberdeck and almost-forced Doctor Pistols I'm using.
    One of the things I loved about early AO was the relative freedom to choose almost any weapon type and not necessarily suck with it. WTB that back.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    MPs should definitely use double AS crossbows.
    MPs should basically turn into D3 Demon Hunters

Mps def ned a real weapon, the dreadloc bow is so limited since there is no real bow support perkline for it, they can dual wield pistols wich mine does very well with.. but agein you are very vulnerble and short on evades with any kind of weapon equiped as a mp. they ned more dmg with weps or some better def, i know shield is ou there.. but then 0 dmg.. and with dmg 0 def.. they are useless in both choises.

While I agree with pistol being a way too popular and viable thing ingame, this is really not the way to go about it. Forcing professions to wear a specific weapon is never a good idea and hasn't brought anything good so far.
    There are also a lot of other problems with this suggestion: CL Pistols, Poly Pillows etc pp. This would either end in a huge imbalance or with tons of new items so everyone can get the stats.

A much better thing would be to finally add some viable weapons for all the lines that are ingame. As a doc for example: Atm it's either MA or Pistol. It's not like you can't equip anything else, but for endgame it comes down to these two. However, we have a RE perkline and RE research, but no support in symbs and no real choice for a weapon. Dread Rapiers can't compare to Rhand/Lhand or even Peh'wer.
    Of course, to avoid that people only choose weapons over style or easiness of getting their hands on them, there should be some differences. So for example (doc), if you choose to go pistol the perkline will give some slight heal eff bonus while perking RE gives nano regain or whatever.

That way we could bring back the good old pvm vs pvp or def vs off setup. At least partially.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Agreed, it should not be to hard, to make 30 odd items to make this happen again. Oh and give grenade AOE
    , same for heavies, like rocket launchers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Agreed, it should not be to hard, to make 30 odd items to make this happen again. Oh and give grenade AOE
    , same for heavies, like rocket launchers.
    This was discussed else where in another suggestion thread but I'll reiterate it here. Having an AoE mechanic that is not able to be turned off via a toggle switch is a recipe for disaster.

Breaking mezzes and pulling unwanted adds, all because you wanted to fire your grenade launcher. Good idea in theory, but practicality says otherwise.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

When you fire a grenade you pretty much know its gonna be AoE, you are gonna what?Snipe for point damage with a bomb? Nooo, rifles are for that.

There are manny weapons that would benefit from AoE, especialy Soldier and Engineer would benefit this change a lot.

It also oppens up gameplay options, non cookie cutter setups, Awesome damage at APFs...

All professions that relly on pistols, should be given diffrent options.

Maybe just pistols need nerfing.,

Recent Blades od Boltar were such change, giving MA doc some awesome love.

Just more equivalent options, so you can pick a weapon, use it and not do like 40% Less damage, or by default be totaly unable to perform In pvp.

All 2handed xan wepons could easily get 30% Extra Max damage. Maybe even more. Rifle, shoty, ... compare those to pistols with add damage and less procs and specials.

Give viable options, maybe let some weapon be Op for one month, and nerf it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast