Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CCP making changes to EULA and multi boxing rules.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    NW is boring because there's a huge risk of dying.

Dying takes you out of the fight for 10 minutes+ for the average toon.

Some of the best PVP I enjoyed was in SWTOR. I thought the battlegrounds with capture the flag, hutball and the race to unlock doors or whatever it was were some really fun PVP venues. If you died you're out of the match for 1-2 minutes, buffing was a non-issue and there was a lot of reasons to coordinate (via TeamSpeak or in emergency just the sided chat/guild chat etc.)

The obvious problem in AO is that people want to minimize the risk of being taken out of the fight for 10 minutes, at the benefit of only being taken out of the fight for 8 minutes, which makes it annoying to play and clumsy.

Add to that the inevitable imbalances in force (12 vs 3, 10 vs 36...) and one side will always be frustrated by inequality.
    Hutball was great.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Hutball was great.
    it was, for me, a totally original concept. And I really enjoyed it. Some teams you played against were like lightning and it was 5-0 or whatever in a few minutes of play... I remember thinking: what just happened? Because it would happen so fast that that you were sitting there waiting for a flame to stop or find a dude to kill and they'd have scored twice.

"Remains of Roguerai"

Oh wierd, all his other guys immediately beaconed out. Suddenly our tower field is clear.

This again...

Just do what Blizzard did, remove /follow in PvP.

Not difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    This again...

Just do what Blizzard did, remove /follow in PvP.

Not difficult.
    I have to admit that the prospect of PvP with no /follow AND no /assist would be quite interesting.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I have to admit that the prospect of PvP with no /follow AND no /assist would be quite interesting.
    Not really it would just mean more people on team speak. Only takes one person with a mic, the rest just listen with pc speakers.

"Everyone target the guy with the red shirt!" or "Blast the toon with the pride of Xan!"

Advantage team speak, disadvantage everyone else.

Hmm didn't someone say something about 3rd party software giving an advantage over other players is cheating? Interesting.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Yes because in a 60 vs 60 brawl where everyone is in leet or wolf makes that quite easy. "Everyone target the slightly bigger wolf, like the 47th biggest!!!!!"
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

60 v 60... interesting to know that still happens everyday.

Seriously? You argument sounds like what you really want is 1 on 1 fighting at mass combat towers lol. Make up your mind please, you want mass combat or single fights? You can't have your cake and eat it too. Mass combat is just that, you should expect 10 toons to alpha you at once, not look for ways to finagle the system. We all know how the system works for better or worse.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

The most people I know and for sure are against the multiboxing issue with PVP, but as it has been seen before, Funcom doesn't listen to customers. Myself I recommend removing the assist macro.
    As far as the multiboxing is removed, I wont do any NW.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    60 v 60... interesting to know that still happens everyday.

Seriously? You argument sounds like what you really want is 1 on 1 fighting at mass combat towers lol. Make up your mind please, you want mass combat or single fights? You can't have your cake and eat it too. Mass combat is just that, you should expect 10 toons to alpha you at once, not look for ways to finagle the system. We all know how the system works for better or worse.
    Whilst your narrative is certainly vivid it does have holes in its reasoning. Implying that TS would be the new /assist is to a certain extent true. However I am fairly certain we have never seen a battle in AO where line infantry tactics were employed, as armies of old abandoned gentleman fighting I have hard time seeing it being put to use by PvP leaders. I'll quote you here: "Everyone target the guy with the red shirt!" or "Blast the toon with the pride of Xan!" Now this might have been usable if we were immobile and had lined up beforehand. But even by todays tactics I rarely see people form battle formations and march into action whilst the drummer beats the tune of war. Battles are hectic, and within the fog of war having to locate that man in red, either tab him or selecting him with a mouse click, will not be easy unless he decides to be a gentleman and forgo his instincts and simply stand still as a pink elephant at a mass funeral.
    TeamSpeak does not give you a bigger alpha or allow you to multiply your intent of murder on the masses. It does however give the masses purpose and direction. The use of TS will be no more efficient and deadly then the man calling the shots.

Why can't we have "1 vs 1" at mass PvP? The side that has the most disiplined and veteran fighters will win. Battles will take longer yes, but for once maybe this will allow players to employ more of their toolset than simply press whatever button AS is currently assinged to. If the system does not work or have its mechanics impeded by an ulterior force, that can not be stopped then why not change the system.

I for one would not mind at all seeing battles where actual thought and consideration of action is used, other than don't call soldiers first.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Whilst your narrative is certainly vivid it does have holes in its reasoning. Implying that TS would be the new /assist is to a certain extent true. However I am fairly certain we have never seen a battle in AO where line infantry tactics were employed, as armies of old abandoned gentleman fighting

<SNIP>

But even by todays tactics I rarely see people form battle formations and march into action whilst the drummer beats the tune of war. Battles are hectic,
    This was a great post. I cracked a smile thinking about it literally.

Yes and no. Maybe once every week-2 weeks are big battles actually fought. The majority of the time is small skirmishes with less than 10 people total. Now I can agree with 90% of what you are saying, but I don't like the narrative of "change this for pvp sake and the heck with anything else".

As I pointed out in another thread somewhere /assist macro is easily bypassed with using "Targets target" or "Fighting target". Along with that obvious work around, how do you think pet classes would fare? How do you think /pet attack or /pet guard works if not using some form "assist my target" or "assist my fighting"? But who cares about them right.

Even from a real life perspective not just role playing, do you realize that in naval battle groups and air wings all the units are linked and automatically "assist" each others targets and at same time can't target friendlies? Ground artillery can use a unit spotter to laser target something for all mobile units to fire and forget and let all hell rain down.

This with 20th century tech ladies and gents, in game we used semi sentient nanobots. But this suggestion seems to want to put the game back to the dark ages of conan technology wise. I mean we can get technologically advanced boots that protect us from lava/heat, and glasses that protect you from frozen tundra even while wearing a bikini, but our smart nano bots can't communicate with each other to find the same targets?

We can have teleportation technology and immortality resurrection devices but we can't have a C3 -(Command/Control/Communications) capability to coordinate our nanodecks or spirit infused weapons?

I give up, it's no wonder people think the pvp crowd is unreasonable when you don't look at anything other than what can give you another pvp advantage or in this case take away an advantage to anyone else if you don't need it or find it helps others more than it helps you.

Sorry but that just seems so selfish.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

As I pointed out in another thread somewhere /assist macro is easily bypassed with using "Targets target" or "Fighting target". Along with that obvious work around, how do you think pet classes would fare? How do you think /pet attack or /pet guard works if not using some form "assist my target" or "assist my fighting"? But who cares about them right.
    Seems you are bit lost here.

/assist macro is easily bypassed with using "Targets target"

How? May I ask if /assist is removed.

Along with that obvious work around, how do you think pet classes would fare? How do you think /pet attack or /pet guard works if not using some form "assist my target" or "assist my fighting"? But who cares about them right.

Why would removing /assist affect these? Not like everything related to it should be removed. Just one command..

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Seems you are bit lost here.

/assist macro is easily bypassed with using "Targets target"

How? May I ask if /assist is removed.
    Maybe you have never used this function before, Log into AO open up all those neat windows like Targets NCU and Show targets target or fighting target. Now click on it....VIOLA assist with out the macro.

As far as pets unless you think there is something more complicated than an assist command for pets to their users then by all means id love to entertain that idea that AO pets were programmed with such sophisticated commands and algorithms.

Now aside from the sideways attempts to hamper multi boxing can you explain how 20th century tech literally uses an assist type command but futuristic rubi-ka inhabitants that have regular space travel between planets can't figure out how to do that?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Maybe you have never used this function before, Log into AO open up all those neat windows like Targets NCU and Show targets target or fighting target. Now click on it....VIOLA assist with out the macro.
    Ok should have made myself more clear. How do you create macro out of it?

As said multiple times removing assist would mostly fix MB.
    It is all about key bindings once you start to bring in more complex things like moving mouse over target clicking on target and clicking new target below it just wont work that well. Sure you can send commands to move mouse to position x then click on it and move to position y and click again. But it will become something not allowed in EULA (afaik) and its still helluva slower than using /assist from hotbar. Also if control toon dies its pretty much done deal with that kind of setup.

if multiboxing is banned here funcom should compensate the people for buying all those paid accounts since they are of no use anymore.
    the compesation in my eyes would be this if so:
    Offer character transfers to 1 master account.

there is no need to punish multiboxers more than needed since there has never been a clear rule about this, i would ragequit problabe if i invested time and money on 5-6 accounts to do this and then to hear its bannable if you use all accounts at once.

its just a suggestion, but in my eyes those with 4 or more paid accounts should have some compensation offerd, and server xfer to a master account should be a fair and free offer for funcoms sake since the other option is still to loose the person with the multiply accounts.
    i dont have that many accounts myself and i dont know how to multibox, i am basicly to noob to use it. but i am neutral to the multibox issue, becose in my eyes they never been a problem, i feel most hates those people of pure jelousy of beeing powerfull to farm whatever wich is my 2nd question to this. multiboxing could work for pvm ?
    becose what harm does multiboxing do for pvm?
    also for pvp i kinda still dont get why people cry about it.

example is /assist
    5 friends can easy do /assist Killerbeast and 5 people attacks the same person in 1 click, so how is it diffrnt from 1 guy doing it with 5 paid accounts vs 5 friends doing it?

i kinda never get a real answer to my question about why 5 random people can assist but not a person with 5 paid accounts, the usualy answer is becose! and bla bla bla i am jelous becose i cant afford or bother to level up and twink that many at once.

fair issue to this is, if multibox is gonna be illigal for pvp and or pvm remove the /assist command. i been in ao since late 2002 testing and 2003 i started and i done much pvp but i am a duel person, but i still know enough about open pvp etc and i personaly dont see any loss of looseing /assist it would in my eyes give more and better open pvp.
    also it would solve the multibox crying without funcom needing to use resources and time to hunt down multiboxers if they would make rules about it.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Dec 9th, 2014 at 23:11:39.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Ok should have made myself more clear.
    Now aside from the sideways attempts to hamper multi boxing (which is LEGAL) can you explain how 20th century tech literally uses an assist type command but futuristic rubi-ka inhabitants that have regular space travel between planets can't figure out how to do that?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

"example is /assist
    5 friends can easy do /assist Killerbeast and 5 people attacks the same person in 1 click, so how is it diffrnt from 1 guy doing it with 5 paid accounts vs 5 friends doing it?"

This is all the same, how is 6 accounts 1 person different from 6 accounts 6 people. Can multiboxer do something 6 people cannot? Can he do anything better? Can these 6 not coordinate their AS within 1-2 seconds aswell?

People to me are just jealous of power.

So the issue isnt one gay can get 6 toons to tower site and whopass one guy with one toon... the issue is orgs cannot get 6 defenders going. That is the real issue here, then multiboxing is a deciding factor, 1 guy logging 6 vs 2-3 guys unable to log 6.

Then there is the issue why in AO toons only go down due to concentrated fire on one target. In most real war scenarios 50 vs 50 people would not focus all on just one target and ignore 49 others. Usually it's more like 1-3 per target.

Imagine notum wars without all the assisting, with more spread out attacks, spread out attention etc.. All of a sudden multiboxing would become a non-issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

ao pvp notum wars especially is a joke compared to many other mmo's. here there is just bunch of playboys running after each other and then whining on forums if they happen to die. Talking about removing assist is just horrible. All i can say is: just learn to organise your defense. even better dont even try getting any tower if u know you cant defend it. And pvp players are wrong if they think that their word has more value on fc ears than any other non pvp player. fc could implement some new items that give treatmet / ability bonuses and remove those towers that give those. I feel that if i want to twink something. i should be able to do it without being forced to go beg some pvp org if they could invite me for 5 minutes that i need for equipping my item. i want more freedom. Repurpose whole notum wars. Make it give some kind of gauntlet buff effect instead of what it is currently
    Last edited by Voiran; Dec 10th, 2014 at 13:39:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    ao pvp notum wars especially is a joke compared to many other mmo's. here there is just bunch of playboys running after each other and then whining on forums if they happen to die. Talking about removing assist is just horrible. All i can say is: just learn to organise your defense. even better dont even try getting any tower if u know you cant defend it. And pvp players are wrong if they think that their word has more value on fc ears than any other non pvp player. fc could implement some new items that give treatmet / ability bonuses and remove those towers that give those. I feel that if i want to twink something. i should be able to do it without being forced to go beg some pvp org if they could invite me for 5 minutes that i need for equipping my item. i want more freedom. Repurpose whole notum wars. Make it give some kind of gauntlet buff effect instead of what it is currently
    yes its so hard and skillfull to press /assist.

to join a tower war to press /assist is so fun that i wanna do this evryday 24/7 i just love clicking assist and not use my character at all, becose the goal in ao tower wars in click /assist.
    remove the damn command and give us real pvp to use our toolset and this game would be more fun.

outside note of this multi cry
    its realy dumb that a level 170 can be targeted by a level 214 or 200 to be attack by 220 even.. reduce the pvp ranges in open pvp by a 15 level diffrence or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    You are so wrong. If I'm "max-twinked" and 15 people click ASSIST on me, tell me what I can do? I will be dead in 1 or 2 seconds. The same result also if I get tripled by 3x NT's that are multiboxed.
    That's so awesome gameplay, isn't it?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast