Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - November 2014 (Gobble gobble)

[Team] Greenhawk: i know i can hardly believe it myself
    [Team] Greenhawk: but funcom doing regular game updates

Good going dev team!

In any long term relationship it's important to keep things fresh, switch things around.

Sure your partner might be everything you want, but new items here or there, new furniture, new places, new stuff..

Latest update gave me several hours of fun gameplay, new things to do, old places renewed.

This is what one expects from a game these days, so good job on that! Thank you for wonderful fun and looking forward to next update asap .

P.S.: Try to fix some pvp stuff around, there seems to be load of drama around 220 fixers being OP. There are many fan-generated balance ideas around, feel free to implement any. Just think yourself as servants to large community of xmas shoppers, they want red shirts more than blue? Then buy more red shirt stock...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    P.S.: Try to fix some pvp stuff around, there seems to be load of drama around 220 fixers being OP.
    I must have been gone a long time before this xmas. So Advy's are no longer king of the hill? I've never done 220 pvp but ive always thought fixers were easy to kill or chase off with MP/Traders draining them out of GA, or Engi's and crats with remodulators, or even doctors ubt and purge? Is that not the case at 220? Do those strategies no longer work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mzbiznezz View Post
    I must have been gone a long time before this xmas. So Advy's are no longer king of the hill? I've never done 220 pvp but ive always thought fixers were easy to kill or chase off with MP/Traders draining them out of GA, or Engi's and crats with remodulators, or even doctors ubt and purge? Is that not the case at 220? Do those strategies no longer work?
    220 Fixers don't rock out with GA.
    -750 def from remodulator doesn't hurt that much if (especially Engi pets, still can't get close) and you yourself don't have any tangible personal offence to hit them with.
    They have Wake Up Call to take care of init debuffs and DoTs, and forget about actually landing EP on a Fixer with its terrible def check.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Father time = Event? Or just another quick kill mob?

Confused on what the purpose is/was

Quote Originally Posted by Mzbiznezz View Post
    Power creep too big and with Mongo Rage being refused to fix(Many suggestions has been made) it allows atrox fixers to go full defensive build while keeping their offensive power with the click of a button.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Poko View Post
    Father time = Event? Or just another quick kill mob?

Confused on what the purpose is/was
    He's a NPC who spawns in one of seven spots around once a day.

I was impressed with how quickly he was first killed; he'll need to bulk up for next year. Sorry if it currently feels a little underwhelming.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

You do get 1 per account, though the item it creates is YesDrop and can be traded around to the desired character.
    Michizure: Can someone post what these new possible items the 3D Printer can produce and what they "do" so we have an idea before we Un-seal them? For example, is the Orsky a single use item or does it upload a permanent/castable ground car?

Since we only get one chance it is hard to expect trial and error to discover what the items are/do.

Emma

edit: Or, what does the Party Popper do?
    Last edited by Emma; Dec 20th, 2014 at 21:23:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Power creep too big and with Mongo Rage being refused to fix(Many suggestions has been made) it allows atrox fixers to go full defensive build while keeping their offensive power with the click of a button.
    a fixer that goes full defensive is a nm fixer. other than that, people stack add dd and fa. how is that defensive?

as for your view on mr. take a brief moment, if you can, and imagine a game without mr. now go through every single profession and evaluate how that will change their survivability. now i am excited to see what you came up with and look forward to your apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    as for your view on mr. take a brief moment, if you can, and imagine a game without mr.
    Did i say remove MR ?

We've been over this on several occasions on game suggestions... MR as it is today, has absolutely no drawback to it's use. It's even exploitable by queueing perks so your perks will land long after the duration of MR.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Did i say remove MR ?

We've been over this on several occasions on game suggestions... MR as it is today, has absolutely no drawback to it's use. It's even exploitable by queueing perks so your perks will land long after the duration of MR.
    how is that an exploit?

He's a NPC who spawns in one of seven spots around once a day.

I was impressed with how quickly he was first killed; he'll need to bulk up for next year. Sorry if it currently feels a little underwhelming.
    Ayyy you telling me I'm no longer the only person in AO with the Father Time robe?!
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Ayyy you telling me I'm no longer the only person in AO with the Father Time robe?!
    Where did you run off too ;(
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    Where did you run off too ;(
    Holiday, moved house, family time. Ill pop in somewhen this week to see the boys and girl. Heard a rumour people are saying AO is dead without me, dunno <3
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    Holiday, moved house, family time. Ill pop in somewhen this week to see the boys and girl. Heard a rumour people are saying AO is dead without me, dunno <3
    got that right
    NO U

Damned Fine Job, Michi and his people.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Michizure: Can someone post what these new possible items the 3D Printer can produce and what they "do" so we have an idea before we Un-seal them? For example, is the Orsky a single use item or does it upload a permanent/castable ground car?

Since we only get one chance it is hard to expect trial and error to discover what the items are/do.

Emma

edit: Or, what does the Party Popper do?
    All the nanos are permanent, or the "Unlimited" version, as in the case of the Orinsky/Koleda.

The Party Popper is a Christmas-colored version of a large grenade launcher mesh, as seen on the classic Massive Bolt Charger. It doesn't do much damage, but it has a lot of "pop," as it shoots rockets!

https://aoitems.com/history/info/18.6.17/ should have all the new items, though I'd be happy to elaborate on any of them.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

All the nanos are permanent, or the "Unlimited" version, as in the case of the Orinsky/Koleda.

The Party Popper is a Christmas-colored version of a large grenade launcher mesh, as seen on the classic Massive Bolt Charger. It doesn't do much damage, but it has a lot of "pop," as it shoots rockets!

https://aoitems.com/history/info/18.6.17/ should have all the new items, though I'd be happy to elaborate on any of them.
    Would there be any possibility of hotfixing the Father Time spawn rates to compensate for them dying in a few hits?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Thank you for the link, however, it only includes the sealed Orinsky ...

There is a phasefront Koleda (unlimited) in the Modified list, but nothing about the Orinsky. In past years the Orinsky was single use like the Halloween version.

It sounds like you are saying both the sealed Orinsky and the sealed Koleda should upload as an "unlimited" phasefront ground vehicle. I would rather not unseal my Orinsky until I know it will upload the "unlimited" version.

Thank for your clarification on the rest of the new items. I take it the new Antleet nano turns the caster into an Antleet.

Emma

Edit: The reason I am asking for a confirmation is because the Orisky's I still have on toons from past years are only good for a single use ... the program only loads to my ncu, but Not to my uploaded programs.

So once the 1 hour timer runs out I have no way to re-cast it ...

Also,
    The Koleda has two items, the regular one says on the item description from ao-items that it can only be used once, the unlimited one says it is permanent. ...
    The Orisky also has two items and they both have the same description, neither says it is permanent ...

How is that Unlimited?

------------------------------------------------
    From my toon using last year's Orisky

Phasefront Loungemaster - Orisky
    NODROP
    Quality level: 1
    Requirements:
    Use:
    On Self:
    Vehicle Ground from 2 and
    and
    Must have normal shape. and
    and
    Can not be in a fight.

Modifier:
    On User:
    Cast Phasefront Loungemaster - Treeball

Nano program executed successfully.
    Extended location information:
    - 1561.5, 2713.4, 31.2 (1561.5 2713.4 y 31.2 565)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:565 GS=0 SG=0 R=565, resource: 565
    - zone: 6605, area: "Meetmedere"
    Server id: 3511, character id: 50000:71983, time: 2014-12-22 17:10:56 (UTC)
    Version: 18.6.17_EP1, map id: 18.6.17.3_16.12.2014_05.26.43, build: 52164.

The program is in my ncu but it is NOT uploaded to my programs ...

------------------------------------
    from ao-items

Phasefront Loungemaster - Koleda

QL 1 With another fine conversion kit from Fresh Juice Designs, Phasefront is proud to offer their latest holiday-themed offering: The Koleda!
    This promotional item may only be used once.

Phasefront Loungemaster - Koleda (Unlimited)

QL 1 With another fine conversion kit from Fresh Juice Designs, Phasefront is proud to offer their latest holiday-themed offering: The Koleda!
    This item will permanently upload the nanoscript needed to summon the Koleda.

Phasefront Loungemaster - Orisky (Unlimited)

QL 1 After seeing the (admittedly unexpected) success of their Maximajack-edition Loungemaster, Phasefront contracted the famous Fresh Juice design company to work on a new variation of their famous seasonal offering. With a candy-red exteriour and metaplast roll cage on top, this new hoverchair is bound to be an instant classic for boys, girls, and Atroxes of all ages.

Same description as the "Old" single use item from the past and it was Not changed by 18.7 ... its patch reference is 18.4.2
    Last edited by Emma; Dec 22nd, 2014 at 18:32:39.

Funcom employee

The Sealed Orisky and Koleda will give you the following items, https://aoitems.com/item/289579/ & https://aoitems.com/item/294432/, respectively
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Would there be any possibility of hotfixing the Father Time spawn rates to compensate for them dying in a few hits?
    Sadly, that'd be a little tough to do now, but I do hope to be able to invest some time into him before next year to make him more interesting and worth people's time.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast