Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - November 2014 (Gobble gobble)

Mitchi, please take note of how many posts on the MB cheating there are on these forum.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Are people defending MB as they owe their towers to MB cheating ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

@Fakiiri: Good twink teams were also able to level down tower sites with low defenders online. The point is moot there. I get that it's disturbing to some.. as for people leaving for FC not acting on MB.. I still highly doubt it as they had the numbers to destroy the MB'ers.. but assuming that's the unlikely case.. see Macrosun's post about it. Leaving is not taken into consideration as a form of protest. It brings no good. They clearly should have done things differently. If they chose to leave.. they lost their say in it.

PvP Multiboxing being an issue is due to low pvp population. If you had a high pvp population (like in other games), multiboxers would just die (again, like the other games). It's all in the numbers.

@Caloss2: I don't MB. I don't have towers in-game at the moment either on my main chars/org.. and I'm neutral but generally clan-friendly in lore and in-game. So that clearly isn't it. The clan alts I have do own towers and it's 0% due to multiboxing, but it's also 0% due to my involvement in it as I have been busy with PvM mostly and do PvP in BS to get my "fix" without investing too much time.
    Can't speak for anyone else "defending" MB. (I'm opposing its ban and the proposed changes against it so far, not necessarily defending MB)
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Dec 1st, 2014 at 09:54:13.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Mitchi, please take note of how many posts on the MB cheating there are on these forum.
    its not cheating its just different playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    its not cheating its just different playstyle.
    Really ?

I checked the main page and account sign up, it didn't mention getting 5 accounts and some extra software anywhere there.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    If you truly believe all those people left directly because of 2-4 people using MB in PvP and not any other reason (or set of reasons), you need to re-evaluate things.
    I don't understand this statement. Why would someone that is aware of the reason why people left have to re-evaluate anything? I can get if someone was guessing why someone left but if you're witnessing things as they unfold and have friends and associates flat out tell you why they are leaving or why they are no longer engaging in notum wars, there's nothing else to evaluate. It is what it is.

If only those 20 players, including raid leaders, had grouped up and steamrolled over the 2-4 multiboxers like they do on other major MMO titles.. but no. They just quit, which makes a lot more sense, right? Not really.
    Multiboxing isn't god mode. It's possible (and often not hard) to kill them using proper PvP tactics (not just the usual AO blob & rush brainless mode, though with sufficient numbers even that would work..)
    People on Clanside were fighting the MBers. I don't think anyone has said otherwise. In fact at the height of the MBing complaints and drama Clan side xp was significantly higher than Omni. Many of the people I spoke with were just tired of the way notum wars was playing out. It wasn't that they simply could not beat the MBers but that to do so they had to play the game in a way that they no longer found fun. So when a game stops being fun, the only sensible thing to do is to stop playing it. Some first tried pleading with funcom (and arguing with players) on the forums but the majority of people that left simply stopped playing without public word.

I still hope Funcom will reconsider its decision regarding multiboxing in both PvP and PvM but I doubt that anything will be changed. Ultimately I agree that the biggest issue with AO these days is low population and lack of new and challenging content. It doesn't seem like funcom is willing to dish out the resources necessary to really make the game much more than it is today but I do appreciate the quality of life stuff.. it at least makes the dated content more manageable.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Dec 1st, 2014 at 09:54:51.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Really ?

I checked the main page and account sign up, it didn't mention getting 5 accounts and some extra software anywhere there.
    getting 5 accounts is optional. You can still play the game with just one if you like it best.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I still hope Funcom will reconsider its decision regarding multiboxing in both PvP and PvM
    why you think using mb is wrong in pvm?
    Last edited by Voiran; Dec 1st, 2014 at 09:51:29.

getting 5 accounts is optional. You can still play the game with just one if you like it best.
    Doesn't mention any third party software to control all the accounts at the push of a single key stroke, boxing is no better than aim bots.

@Traderjill: I highly doubt those people would be in the game even without MB in it. People burn out from time to time.. especially highly active raid leaders since it takes a huge toll on them. It happens on every game as well, not just AO. I may be wrong here but it seems more than a little odd that 20 people have specifically said "I am quitting because of multiboxing, we're beating it but I'm just not having fun anymore". And said people would be fine with a similar situation where they'd be winning tower wars and not burning out just because they were fighting either single players or just having no opposition in case omni only defended with MB'ers.

It just seems, to me, implausible.

Ultimately I agree that the biggest issue with AO these days is low population and lack of new and challenging content. It doesn't seem like funcom is willing to dish out the resources necessary to really make the game much more than it is today but I do appreciate the quality of life stuff.. it at least makes the dated content more manageable.
    I agree 100% on this. And I think the quality of life stuff coupled with a careful and hopefully segmented approach (many small patches vs. one huge patch of doom) can go a long way for this game. It can both help current players enjoy the content more, give new meaning to existing content which is underused especially in RK and possibly have a higher rate of returning players and new player retention. The last part is unpredictable, of course.

--
    That said, my main point on FC policy (which at some point and in some terms we HAVE to accept), investment/return on investment and real benefits of each measure that can have time and money spent on it stands and most people don't dare touch it, instead cherry-picking every other part of my post, often trying to insult me in some way in the process. (Not you, Jill!)
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Dec 1st, 2014 at 10:01:48.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

@Traderjill: I highly doubt those people would be in the game even without MB in it.
    I don't want to sound rude, but who are you to question why someone has opted out of continuing on? I can't say that I'm BFF's with everyone I know that quit over multiboxing but I know quite a few of them pretty well and I believe when they stated that they were leaving due to FC's stance on multiboxing in PvP that they were being honest.
    You can find me at:

I don't want to sound rude, but who are you to question why someone has opted out of continuing on? I can't say that I'm BFF's with everyone I know that quit over multiboxing but I know quite a few of them pretty well and I believe when they stated that they were leaving due to FC's stance on multiboxing in PvP that they were being honest.
    Everyone can and should question things when they feel they don't add up in one way or another. That said, I don't mean to offend and I'm sorry if I have.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

@traderjill could you answer why you think using mb is wrong in pvm?

@traderjill could you answer why you think using mb is wrong in pvm?
    I can answer it but I'm choosing not to. The people that matter/the decision makers have received direct PM's from me on the subject. To get into it yet again on the forums with some person I don't know is just a waste of my time. I'm sure you can search my forum posts and find some of my reasons if you really care but I can tell you already I'm not going to debate it with you. Funcom has made its decision on multiboxing and I've gotten to the point (finally) where I realize that these forum arguments about it really aren't going to produce any results. The only reason I really commented on this topic is because I saw a couple people that tend to be rather sensible post some things that made me feel as if they either are missing some facts about what happened or perhaps weren't around. Outside of providing that information, I have nothing to add on the topic.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Dec 1st, 2014 at 10:07:48.
    You can find me at:

@Traderjill: I highly doubt those people would be in the game even without MB in it. People burn out from time to time.. especially highly active raid leaders since it takes a huge toll on them. It happens on every game as well, not just AO. I may be wrong here but it seems more than a little odd that 20 people have specifically said "I am quitting because of multiboxing, we're beating it but I'm just not having fun anymore".

It just seems, to me, implausible.

--
    That said, my main point on FC policy (which at some point and in some terms we HAVE to accept), investment/return on investment and real benefits of each measure that can have time and money spent on it stands and most people don't dare touch it, instead cherry-picking every other part of my post, often trying to insult me in some way in the process.

Well the fact is people I know said it too, literally said "I am sick of beating down Lonelycrat and their box + shared accounts day in and day out, FC won't act on it, it just makes my blood boil it's wrong they know it and they just won't do anything, I'm done with this game"

By implausible I guess you actually mean you can't imagine yourself saying it or thinking it, well everyone is different Digital sometimes people react in a different way than you might.
    I can list about 12 people I saw everyday in game that are not there anymore and each and every single one of them said the same thing, and once one quit they all drifted away there is concrete empirical evidence that MB cheating has cost AO players.
    I don't think second guessing someone elses thought processes (saying you think they would have quit anyway) is very sensible, I think you just find it hard to accept that people actually have quit due to MB cheating.
    The only way you could argue they left for other reasons is to ask them if they did and for them so say so.
    That won't happen, as they left for the reasons they stated.

Well the fact is people I know said it too, literally said "I am sick of beating down Lonelycrat and their box + shared accounts day in and day out, FC won't act on it, it just makes my blood boil it's wrong they know it and they just won't do anything, I'm done with this game"

By implausible I guess you actually mean you can't imagine yourself saying it or thinking it, well everyone is different Digital sometimes people react in a different way than you might.
    I can list about 12 people I saw everyday in game that are not there anymore and each and every single one of them said the same thing, and once one quit they all drifted away there is concrete empirical evidence that MB cheating has cost AO players.
    I don't think second guessing someone elses thought processes (saying you think they would have quit anyway) is very sensible, I think you just find it hard to accept that people actually have quit due to MB cheating.
    The only way you could argue they left for other reasons is to ask them if they did and for them so say so.
    That won't happen, as they left for the reasons they stated.
    It's not so much me not thinking I wouldn't do the same (I don't know what I would do, I was never in that specific situation and I don't think I can imagine it well enough.. it's a skill I lack) as me finding it implausible as a sole reason for leaving a game when the game has a lot more to it than just the tower wars part.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

It's not so much me not thinking I wouldn't do the same (I don't know what I would do, I was never in that specific situation..) as me finding it implausible as a sole reason for leaving a game when the game has a lot more to it than just the tower wars part.
    A lot of people only play AO for the PvP. In fact, the majority of long-term players that I know fall into that category. PvM is just something they have to do to gear up for PvP. Even as someone that is primarily PvM I have to admit that the PvM in AO isn't challenging and definitely wouldn't be a sole reason for anyone to continue to play AO for upwards of 5-10 years. So if they're not playing AO for PvP then that leaves the people (which is primarily why I continued to play), Familiarity (I also fall into that category), general love of twinking (for no particular reason), RP and I dunno what else. Anyway, my point is that a good many people fall into the PvP category. I don't think it is the majority, but probably about 40% or so.

As a sidenote, the fact that you don't realize this tells me that maybe you just aren't interacting with the people that are closest to the problem. That could also explain some of your perspective regarding how the people that quit felt and how many of them quit.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Dec 1st, 2014 at 10:15:04.
    You can find me at:

It's not so much me not thinking I wouldn't do the same (I don't know what I would do, I was never in that specific situation and I don't think I can imagine it well enough.. it's a skill I lack) as me finding it implausible as a sole reason for leaving a game when the game has a lot more to it than just the tower wars part.
    Exactly what I was saying, someone elses decision seeming implausible to you; it made sense to them.

Hate to double post on the same quote but something else came to mind. When the changes were made to S10 awhile back (removal of bounties and ICE) a lot of people quit the game. I won't make up numbers but, once again, a lot of people I knew simply stop playing. I believe this is common knowledge. Using your logic, when S10 became pointless to them those players should have just focused elsewhere. Well that sounds good in theory but in practice that isn't what most people do. When someone has found entertainment in an aspect of a game and it just gets taken away they tend to be upset/angry with the development company. The normal reaction isn't to just say "Hmm.. guess I'll do something else" but usually "Well, they took away my fun and don't care about me as a customer so I'm going elsewhere.". Not sure how else to put it and I'm about to go to bed. I just thought I'd throw that in for thought.
    You can find me at:

Exactly what I was saying, someone elses decision seeming implausible to you; it made sense to them.
    Got your point, though it wasn't exactly what you were saying. That said, it still doesn't address my main point in all of this, but I guess Traderjill is right and posting / replying on forums about this isn't going to do that much about anything. Be it the game or the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill
    Hate to double post on the same quote but something else came to mind. When the changes were made to S10 awhile back (removal of bounties and ICE) a lot of people quit the game. I won't make up numbers but, once again, a lot of people I knew simply stop playing. I believe this is common knowledge. Using your logic, when S10 became pointless to them those players should have just focused elsewhere. Well that sounds good in theory but in practice that isn't what most people do. When someone has found entertainment in an aspect of a game and it just gets taken away they tend to be upset/angry with the development company. The normal reaction isn't to just say "Hmm.. guess I'll do something else" but usually "Well, they took away my fun and don't care about me as a customer so I'm going elsewhere.". Not sure how else to put it and I'm about to go to bed. I just thought I'd throw that in for thought.
    I understand it well the way you put it. I see your point and Caloss2' on this. It may say more from the players than it does from the game but that's a matter of opinion and it's not something I'll discuss.
    Thanks for "throwing it in", it helped me.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Dec 1st, 2014 at 10:43:35.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

A lot of people only play AO for the PvP. .
    My opinion is that if pvp is what you want to do you really shouldnt be playing this game. Pvp has never been fc's main focus. Just look at how many content upgrades pvm side has received compared to pvp.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast