Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - November 2014 (Gobble gobble)

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    My opinion is that if pvp is what you want to do you really shouldnt be playing this game. Pvp has never been fc's main focus. Just look at how many content upgrades pvm side has received compared to pvp.
    Well there has been some. Like battlestations. Unfortunately they did kill most fun out of it too with title & level range changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    The Xan Reliquary
    This past month we released some new Inferno missions - Thank you everyone who gave them an try and provided feedback! The intention with this encounter was to offer a new leveling option with fewer barriers to entry, also improving on a few shortcomings of the existing missions, while not fully eclipsing the other sources of XP; overall, I feel this was a success.

To improve the overall experience, this coming update will bring some adjustments to these missions. Within some specific waves of monsters, the amount of monsters needed to reach the boss will be reduced. Rewards for some of the bosses will also be improved, occasionally offering a symbiant or other gear useful for twinking/leveling up.
    This new mission is a breath of new air and I absolutely love the concept, though I find both the level lock as strange not to mention the overall XP which just plain sucks compared to other things.

Oh the mechanic of the Horrors are great, great to see mobs actually do something other than just stand there and mindlessly bash.

So I was so stoked by these new missions I decided to farm inferno hecks on two new crats I'm working on, and went from 2~2.2m xp per kill (@ lvl 180->190) by doing inferno hecks to as little as 300~350k xp per kill [easy missions], 500~600k [medium missions] and 1-1.2m [hard missions]. And when doing hard the mobs takes longer to kill than inf hecks, and inf hecks one can stack 5-6-7-8-9 at the time, where as in these missions you only have 1-4 mobs at any given time depending on the dmg or if you wanna wait for some respawns before you go get the mobs, which from my understanding will just slow down the process even more if you go with the latter tactic.

Why are these missions only available to 190 and above? I mean there aren't really any content for characters from 160 -> 190, and this is probably the most vital level range as at this level range new characters are basically 100% useless, firstly they do not do any dmg worth mentioning, secondly they constantly die, thirdly how are these characters going to level once these missions are preferred over classic inf missions?

The end result once these missions are finally "perfect" all high level characters will prefer these missions over classic inferno missions and characters from 160 -> 190 wont then be able to tag along with higher level characters in inferno dividing the game even more, unless they are in a "inn crowd" which will level you, today this is already a tedious task, and by offering this this is enforced by the fact "I would rather have done new missions but your too low" which just adds more frustration.
    Last edited by Dochere; Dec 1st, 2014 at 11:08:31.
    New site www.iraid.io

Dochere____ :: 220/70/30 :: Doctor
    Kitessolja_ :: 220/70/30 :: Soldier
    Kitesengy__ :: 220/70/30 :: Engineer
    Kitesenfo__ :: 220/70/28 :: Enforcer
    Shadykites_ :: 220/60/17 :: Shade
    Cratalot___ :: 220/70/30 :: Bureaucrat
    Kitesnt____ :: 215/57/13 :: Nano-technician
    Crattykites :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat
    KItescrat__ :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Dochere View Post
    This new mission is a breath of new air and I absolutely love the concept, though I find both the level lock as strange not to mention the overall XP which just plain sucks compared to other things.

Oh the mechanic of the Horrors are great, great to see mobs actually do something other than just stand there and mindlessly bash.

So I was so stoked by these new missions I decided to farm inferno hecks on two new crats I'm working on, and went from 2~2.2m xp per kill (@ lvl 180->190) by doing inferno hecks to as little as 300~350k xp per kill [easy missions], 500~600k [medium missions] and 1-1.2m [hard missions]. And when doing hard the mobs takes longer to kill than inf hecks, and inf hecks one can stack 5-6-7-8-9 at the time, where as in these missions you only have 1-4 mobs at any given time depending on the dmg or if you wanna wait for some respawns before you go get the mobs, which from my understanding will just slow down the process even more if you go with the latter tactic.

Why are these missions only available to 190 and above? I mean there aren't really any content for characters from 160 -> 190, and this is probably the most vital level range as at this level range new characters are basically 100% useless, firstly they do not do any dmg worth mentioning, secondly they constantly die, thirdly how are these characters going to level once these missions are preferred over classic inf missions?

The end result once these missions are finally "perfect" all high level characters will prefer these missions over classic inferno missions and characters from 160 -> 190 wont then be able to tag along with higher level characters in inferno dividing the game even more, unless they are in a "inn crowd" which will level you, today this is already a tedious task, and by offering this this is enforced by the fact "I would rather have done new missions but your too low" which just adds move frustration.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=1#post6198562

Thanks, that clear things up a little. And as Michizure mentions in his post he intend to tweak mobs required needed to be killed to reach end boss sounds great, though amount of mobs are not really an issue, these missions should have much higher re-spawn rate and yield more xp per kill, and actually be a challenge. Perhaps a fourth difficulty "extreme" ?
    New site www.iraid.io

Bureaucrat
    Bureaucrat

Thanks, that clear things up a little. And as Michizure mentions in his post he intend to tweak mobs required needed to be killed to reach end boss sounds great, though amount of mobs are not really an issue, these missions should have much higher re-spawn rate and yield more xp per kill, and actually be a challenge. Perhaps a fourth difficulty "extreme" ?
    yea there could definitely be extreme difficult level. Some big anansi type of mobs (similar damage as those hand bosses) spawning in couples. and some lotv type of things too and those high lvl dragons and bigots
    Last edited by Voiran; Dec 1st, 2014 at 11:15:50.

An extreme difficulty/extreme reward mode sounds like something I'd enjoy a lot, especially if they could make the total scripted encounter last 30-45min. It could end up not being done too much depending on how hard it is, as many 220's want to level their 170+ (or 160+) alts and it wouldn't be friendly to that purpose.. (I prefer playing the alts I level and have been on teams without 220's lately.. it's nice for a change).

Plenty of room for tweaking, as well as plenty of "old" content to look at with a nice revamp in mind. Towers could probably use a revamp of their own, too.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

extreme difficulty mobs should have some nanodrain mechanics along with aoe blind stun and fear. Additional ncu wipe and some kind of big aoe nuke effect. And those monsters would have special skill to teleport healers running to other side of the instance and after teleport they would have 30sec snare
    Last edited by Voiran; Dec 1st, 2014 at 11:22:18.

@Voiran: I'd like that. I'd also throw in randomized fire and/or stuff like the old Magtheridon Cubes mechanic from WoW. It could be hard to implement and it would be extra painful on those with high (500ms+) latency.. but I still like that kind of content. Nothing too hardcore if we look at the big picture of MMO raiding, but hardcore enough for AO's average.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Well there is no need to make new features, re-purpose some of the existing mechanics.

Some that comes to mind.

• Scuicide bomber (DB3)
    • Hide in boxes (DB3)
    • Cloud (Db2)
    • Debuffs run to shrine (DB1)

Kinda funny that all my favorite mechanics in this game all stems from DB's.
    New site www.iraid.io

Bureaucrat
    Bureaucrat

Well there is no need to make new features, re-purpose some of the existing mechanics.

Some that comes to mind.

• Scuicide bomber (DB3)
    • Hide in boxes (DB3)
    • Cloud (Db2)
    • Debuffs run to shrine (DB1)

Kinda funny that all my favorite mechanics in this game all stems from DB's.
    would be too easy in my opinion for extreme difficulty. Think about expert dungeons from rift for example and those are all 6 man encounters. But yea creating completely new mechanics would delay 18.7 too much
    Last edited by Voiran; Dec 1st, 2014 at 11:40:07.

Would not be hard to combine these mechanics to make something really challenging, you combine these mechanics and you could potentially come up with a explosive cocktail.

And when you break it down, these 4 mechanics are all the base mechanics pretty all other mechanics stems from in pretty much all mmo's. (not entirely true but not too far from the truth either)
    New site www.iraid.io

Bureaucrat
    Bureaucrat

Nice update !!!

Humn since we are talking about the new inf mishion here I will outline my suggestion for how to do it more fun, but this would imo be a welcome change for other content to say city raids and HI ... and hopefully be inline with the recent QOL changes we have seen ...

Inside the instance add in the middle a large furnace, also add to the loot table inside a new object ill call it 'Oil of the Xan' (this should be common loot)

Now if one is to click/trade a 'Oil of the Xan' on the furnace inside the instance it would set the furnace on fire.
    It would also set the 'wave timer' to a fixed time. If one the adds more 'Oil of the Xan' to the furnace each would reduce the time between spans with X time and also add +1 add to waves.

Now adding to much oil would ofc be suicide but this way one can have all the exitment one want's only boon for adding more oil would be short time to complete the instance and ofc the added lot/exp from the extra adds ...

for city raids one would add more cru to shorten timer and add more aliums , and for HI one could do the same just add more fertilization (i.e pop!)
    Workboy and my equip

Aggroboy
    and my equip

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    History of great experiences during Anarchy Online timeplay:

2001 - I just saw a player!
    2002 - I was in huge battle!
    2003 - I have Made first twink!
    2004 - I have made first quest in Shadowlands
    2005 - I dinged 220
    2006 - Was that an Alien? Holy Mothership...
    2007 - I own my first ql 300 CSS!
    2008 - We did Beast with just 3 guys!
    2009 - Damn, that Xan weapons LoX... erm Rox!
    2010 - Finnaly first character fully geared with all best stuff.
    2011 - Battlestations are so much zerg wars
    2012 - I have made set of twinks for new level ranges, they rocks!
    2013 - I made few 220 characters to level other characters...
    2014 - I saw a player!

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    I can personally name 20 players who left and still are gone due MB.

All this for 2-4 players abusing MB in pvp.
    20 vs 2-4...sounds should be pretty easy to have at least 2-3 players coordinate defense and clip off 1-2 mb toons? Unless towers are supposed to be 1 on 1 affairs now?

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    If only those 20 players, including raid leaders, had grouped up and steamrolled over the 2-4 multiboxers like they do on other major MMO titles.. but no. They just quit, which makes a lot more sense, right? Not really.
    Ah that's what I was looking for, some common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Mitchi, please take note of how many posts on the MB cheating there are on these forum
    Please note the posts are all by the same 5 people in every thread.

You know, when you cancel a subscription a person could post feedback. I am sure if players who "quit over MB" posted that as the feedback, and the numbers where ANYWHERE CLOSE to what has been presented something would have been addressed by now. Yet some people are really trying to say 25% population or some other inflated number of loss was due to MB...ridiculous. I guess that just makes too much sense that some number crunching accountant at FC would not be reporting the "reasons" for some large exodus of player subscriptions to the stock holders/board of directors/powers that be.

Yea let's go with that. /rollseyes
    I guess common sense really is not that common.

Cancel Account (BUTTON)

Selected reason: Gameplay issues

Please help us improve our game by telling us more about why you decided to cancel.

<You have full paragraph to state your displeasure with MB or anything else>
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    20 vs 2-4...sounds should be pretty easy to have at least 2-3 players coordinate defense and clip off 1-2 mb toons? Unless towers are supposed to be 1 on 1 affairs now?
    Clearly you don't have idea how multiboxers play.
    Go ahead and try to defend while multiboxers move from field to field with several engineers warping and fixer instantly gridding out when defenders come.

Then come back here and give that coordinate defence crap.

If it would be so easy and that would stop multiboxers from doing it people would not be issuing this problem here in forums.

Sounds like you have a serious guerrilla warfare problem. If each orgs tower field doesn't have at least 5 players (2 turrets 3 hunters) to defend it anytime it goes hot imo you don't deserve to keep your tower.

My org has had towers many many times for months on end, 3 years was probably longest continuous tower site we had. But once population was to a point where we had only 2-4 defenders we gave them up because it sucked being on call daily to defend at any moments notice. Heck players don't really have to defend vs nuke strikes anymore and you still have room to QQ???

If you can't defend your tower vs 1 player multi logged what chance do you realistically have versus an actual blitzkrieg attack from 5-8 orgs. You might consider your priorities and if you can't handle the truth of current AO guerrilla warfare tactics you might give up your towers and save some grey hairs and stress.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

@Psikie When multiboxing complaints where at their highest, I could've sworn that Clan owned Tl7 towers. Multiboxers were not, at least at that time, taking tower fields.. it was just griefing that people got fed up with. It wasn't that CT's were going down as a result. Ultimately the issue was no different than people have had for many years with people that grief notum wars except Multiboxers were able to do it as a 1 person army. The fact that 1 or 2 guys (though I believe it initially started with complaints against just 1 guy) would then disrupt the playtime of many in order to have to keep dealing with him was the complaint and the source of aggravation (at least as it was expressed to me by the people that quit and the people that were complaining when it was happening). It wasn't "omg we can't kill a multiboxer in PvP" but moreso that people wanted it to be player versus player not player versus input-automation. Imagine someone going from one site to the next.. even not multiboxing.. that's always been aggravating because it ties up your game time. Multiboxing brought into the mix the very real ability for ONE guy to take down quite a few towers before defense could arrive. So not only was it annoying but destructive in a way that griefing had not been prior.

Notum wars is poorly designed, and should've been fixed a very long time ago. I've personally put forth suggestions on how it could be fixed to reduce the ability to grief and make the multiboxing issue (with PvP) irrelevant and bring a bit of fun back to NW. Why they haven't implemented some simple fixes is beyond me.

Anyway, back to the point.. truth be told, the intention of the person that was multibox griefing (to start) was to aggravate Clanside in retaliation for tower synching. It worked.. probably a lot better than he intended as people didn't just keep dealing with his griefing.. they threw their hands up in disgust and stopped. Either they stopped playing or they stop subscribing. Which, btw, I'd like to make note that quitting AO isn't always a matter of hitting cancel on the funcom.com site. Quitting, for me at least, includes the people that simply stopped logging in or playing.. in other words taking active players out of the equation. Now whether or not those people hit the cancellation button on their accounts or not, I don't know. There have been plenty of times that I quit playing but I didn't cancel my account.. guess only those people will know for sure. That being said, the state of AO screams to the fact that Funcom is not all that concerned about losing customers so the thought that somehow they'd see a bunch of cancellations for the same reason and react isn't something that I think is a fair assumption. They haven't reacted time and time again when people have left for major reasons.. I have no reason to think that behavior will ever change.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Dec 1st, 2014 at 21:18:50.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post

./snip

lots of supposedly scathing rhetoric copied and pasted from other peoples posts...

/snip followed by

Yea let's go with that. /rollseyes
    I guess common sense really is not that common.

Cancel Account (BUTTON)

Selected reason: Gameplay issues

Please help us improve our game by telling us more about why you decided to cancel.

<You have full paragraph to state your displeasure with MB or anything else>

The players I know about about did give that feedback.

MB is cheating.

Using third party software to gain an advantage over other players.

Cheating.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    The players I know about about did give that feedback.

MB is cheating.

Using third party software to gain an advantage over other players.

Cheating.
    Yeah and about that whole thing on providing your reason for cancelling. I did that once and all they did was send me an offer for 50% off. No inquiry about why I was leaving, request for more details or even an indication that they were going to resolve the issue.

Here's the e-mail:

Greetings,

We have received your cancellation for account <removed> and are sad to see you leaving the worlds of Rubi-Ka, throwing off the balance between Clan and Omni. I am sorry that other players have ruined your experience in the game. If you feel that any of them have been exploiting, please feel free to send an email to exploits@funcom.com with the character names of the people you feel have exploited. Could I possibly offer you a one time discount of 50% off of your next subscription payment to see if anything happens about this? Below is a listing of the normal price, discounted price, and a breakdown of the monthly cost.

1 Month - $14.95 / $7.48
    3 Month - $35.85 ($11.95/month) / $17.93 ($5.98/month)
    6 Month - $59.70 ($9.95/month) / $29.85 ($4.98/month)
    12 Month - $95.40 ($7.95/month) / $47.70 ($3.98/month)

At $3.98/month, that's one of the least expensive forms of entertainment available. I hope you consider the offer above and have a wonderful day.

Thank you,
    GM-<name removed>
    Customer Satisfaction Representative
    customerfirst@funcom.com
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Jill I completely understand what you are saying, and 99.9% agree with it. Players leaving a low population game is a problem for what ever the reason.

I just take a step back and look at it like this:
    Had the argument been presented that Advy's are not balanced and OP, MR + AS pistol alphas are OP, 1he/1hb enfo perk trick is OP, graphics are dated, the price per subscription is too high, NT's got nerfed, that AO is a 12+ year old outdated game, or any other host of reasons that players have been complaining about and that MB was just the straw that broke those players backs I would have probably never posted on the subject at all. But it's like none of those other reasons exist and it's all about MB now as to the population decline that has been bleeding from this game for years.

Nope none of that, no other earthly reason exists, it's all because of MB!
    Then all kinds of wild hair posts pop up about the already stated legal play style being evil and ruining the entire game.
    Complete with home made MS Paint or etch-a-sketch Crayola drawings. Seriously?

However to read some of these posts about the worst thing to AO is MB and ban this ban that because it affects 1 side of the pvp population more than the other is garbage to me. Pvp population is a fraction of AO population, the active forum posters are an even smaller fraction, and each side has a smaller fraction still.

I grew up in a democracy and I do not believe that such a small fraction of the population should be able to dictate the narrative to affect change that DIRECTLY benefits them over any other considerations. I tried to MB with 2 toons and did not like it so truthfully I could care less if it's in game or not. But I do not agree with the absolutes some of the posters are presenting.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

What truly cracks me up....the recent "I quit threads"

I thought everyone quit because of failed promises...
    oh wait...

I thought everyone quit because of tower griefing with fixers...
    oh wait...

I thought everyone quit because of the cost difference in US vs EURO
    oh wait...

now its because of MB? please, what's next?

..but we have totally accepted Sharing accounts, AOMH, Clicksaver, AOIA, etc,etc,etc - so..... Stop trying to profess that you want to make the game better, you simply want something removed that you don't like. While I get that, and you are perfectly entitled to your opinions, please stop posting things as cheating (MB is not per FC), making up statistics to try and prove your point, it truly is sad.

Seriously, this is worse than the FOTM toon builds
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast