Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - November 2014 (Gobble gobble)

You guys are seriously deluded if you cannot recognise that multi-boxing has had a negative effect on the player base. I'm not saying it is the be all and end all, Funcom hasn't exactly helped in that department. But from my own experience and that of numerous people I know, we aren’t just talking out of our arses here.

Sure Notum wars and PvP has its good and the bad times like all things, but when the thing you look forward to most turns into a chore you have to question why you're still playing. It did for me atleast.

I just don’t see the appeal of ruining another person’s gaming experience in the long term, when really all you’re doing is taking away your own enjoyment, when there's no one left to PvP against.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

The intended purpose of NW was to create a persistent, dynamic venue for PVP.

NW is no longer a venue for PVP.

While there may be some complaints that MB is "cheating" "unfair" or "biased" or whatever such, something we cannot avoid, is that MB has fundamentally changed the GAME, as in, the players have affected AO, and specifically, MBers have directly impacted Notum wars to make it's intended purpose no longer available to other players.

If the designed purpose of SL was to fight monsters, and a 220 NT goes an kills every single Ely heck, then fundamentally, he has affected the SL expansion to the point that players can no longer play that expansion pack in the intended fashion.

How long would it take FC to act if one person made an expansion pack unavailable for it's intended purpose?

Not really sure of exact dates, but I got a qualitative answer: TOO LONG.

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    you cant really call it cheating since everyone has an option to use it. And you can also buy game time with in game currency but if you are too lazy to lvl characters or too poor to buy character transfer etc then feel free to f off from this game. And if they somehow ban 3rd party software im still gonna be able to multibox.

gonna go cancel my account to get 50% off. thx for letting people know that its possible. and its not anyones business if i've been so smart that i have leveled specific profs to 220 to fully benefit my own game play
    MB is cheating, people choosing not to cheat does not make it any less so.

Person A) enters a shop and chooses to pay for a can of beans.
    Person B) enters a shop chooses not pay for a can of beans.

By your argument, person B has not stolen anything as person A could have done ?

No,

Mb is cheating.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Dec 2nd, 2014 at 08:49:28.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post

Mb is cheating.
    Mb is not cheating its an alternative playstyle usable by anyone. Twinking is basicly an exploit because people can abuse system by equipping higher lvl items that are not meant be equippped at certain level.

Mb is not cheating its an alternative playstyle usable by anyone. Twinking is basicly an exploit because people can abuse system by equipping higher lvl items that are not meant be equippped at certain level.
    If an item is not meant to be equipped below as certain level in AO it has a level lock added to it.

Twinking is part of the AO design.

MB is not part of that design MB is cheating.

Just because anyone else can choose to cheat as well, doesn't make any less cheating.

Your argument is taking things without paying for them is an alternative lifestyle, well it is.

It's a criminal lifestyle.

Using 3rd party software to gain an advantage over other players.

Cheating.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Dec 2nd, 2014 at 08:56:50.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

MB is not part of that design MB is cheating.

Just because anyone else can choose to cheat as well, doesn't make any less cheating.

Your argument is taking things without paying for them is an alternative lifestyle, well it is.

It's a criminal lifestyle.

Using 3rd party software to gain an advantage over other players.

Cheating.
    Mb is not cheating its an alternative playstyle usable by anyone.

Just because some players choose not to use it doesnt make it anymore cheating

Mb is not cheating its an alternative playstyle usable by anyone.

Just because some players choose not to use it doesnt make it anymore cheating
    That's the same argument that I shredded previously only worse this time.

Everyone can steal, so it's not stealing. really ?

MB is cheating, using the opposite of an assertion as a counter argument is not actually an argument {edited}.

You have not given any valid statement that I or anyone else can take seriously.

MB is cheating.

Using third party software to gain an advantage over another player.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 8th, 2014 at 18:16:01.

Have you given any valid statement? no you are just jealous to those that are more wealthy than you. i wax my bmw every two days and smoke fine quality cigarettes.

and reported you for personal insult.
    I made a comment on the nature of your assertion, not a direct statement about you, however to reply to the PERSONAL comment YOU have made about my own fiscal means:- I drive a jaguar myself, I have a man that comes round to wax it for me. Even the finest quality cigarettes will still kill you; but that's your choice. [DON'T SMOKE KIDS!]

My valid argument is this :
    MB is cheating.

Using 3rd party software to gain an advantage over another player.

Nobody has given any valid counter argument.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Dec 2nd, 2014 at 09:58:52. Reason: Reminding kids not to smoke.

{removed sexist comments}

Using 3rd party software to gain an advantage over another player.

Nobody has given any valid counter argument.
    fc has http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=1#post6147769

{removed religious comments}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 8th, 2014 at 18:11:11.

{edited}

The replys to that 2013 comment on software, I notice I haven't seen many of those previously active forum users posting this year. :/ or in game for that matter.

FC need to recognize this MB cheating has to be managed.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 8th, 2014 at 18:11:57.

Caloss and voiran, you're both ridiculous. You're arguing opinions, not logic. See my previous post for more astute observations and reasoning which bypasses opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Caloss and voiran, you're both ridiculous. You're arguing opinions, not logic. See my previous post for more astute observations and reasoning which bypasses opinions.
    In your opinion it does.

And here we go again.
    We have a nice monthly update, and what happens (again)...
    6 FRIGGIN PAGES OF MB BITCHING

Seriously, can't you guys take this anywhere else... Thank you.

All I can say is: When do we see all these goodies

Oh look, another thread derailed by multiboxing arguments :/

What was this about? Oh yes, monthly update. Good stuff on Illegal OFAB weapons - will they still have an LE lock on them? Also good stuf fon -000 weapons being made worth bothering with. I remember when they were first released I went all out on farming them for my froobs only to discover they were a huge pain for very little return. New Medusas for hopefully higher level Miy etc sounds good too.

And finally carb armour in the shops... will that mean the eventual death knell of the pleading cry known to any and all engineers: "MAEK CRAB PL0X!!"?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

This discussing has been discussed long ago. So we found out that this discussing is not about multibox vs antimultibox, cheat vs anticheat, good vs bad. It is about matter vs antimatter which has been fighting eachother since the beginning of time and still ongoing today
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

You know all seriousness aside. I really can not see how a few MB can "ruin" everyone's NW experience. Let me give you a freebie. If 2-3 MB players grief towers on a regular basis, would it not be a simple idea to, uhm I don't know maybe SET A TRAP FOR THEM? Pretty easy to have an org bot !notify on MB toon 1-6.

Well now you know they are online, and what lvl range they are, not rocket science what towers are hot at that time. So maybe the HUGE pvp crowd could just team and sit in sneak mode /anon and then WTFPWN when they show up at the hot tower. Does that not make sense to anyone but me? I mean seriously...c'mon man.

This is such a simple solution unless the logistics of, "Hey let's team up and lay in wait for this player we don't like!" is too hard. O noes they meep when they see defender, well then you only need 1 person to chase them off. Or they gank me with 5 AS it's no fair...then don't attack them let them chase you into your trap. They won't chase you...then distract them in your mech while your 4-5-10-20 buddies sneak up to alpha the MB fixer.

But never mind I suppose all this has been tried and failed who am I to help out the pvp experts with tactics that make just a little sense. It's a lot easier to sit back and feast on those delicious QQ tears.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Whow I gotta say I'm seriously offended by the whiners calling me a cheater for multi-boxing 2 accounts. I pay monthly a full sub for both accounts to assist one another in leveling/questing/tradeskilling. I came to this thread to see whats coming up in the next month and thought Michi is doing an awesome job (along with the rest of the team). And there is just page up and down with rants against multi-boxing.

How you are unable to PvP against an MB PvP player is beyond me. In every other game I have played MBs might have strike 1 but they get burned to the ground once people focus on them.

I can tell you one thing with 100% certainty though. If they kill multi-boxing, they'll loose my 2 subs. Thats 30 euro a month plus an additional 50 or so euro pr month in GRACE keys I sell to equip my 24+ characters with stuff from market.
    Ingame names;
    Slayertank 220 enf | Slayerbabe 200 adv | Mythic 175 mp
    Xziztenzia 180 doc | Loveleet 205 engie | Babita 175 crat
    Slayershade 59 shade | Savio 213 NT (main) | Anlor 201 mp
    Slayerfixer1 213 fixer | Bjirk 220 sold | Murder101 178 trader |

Engineer Camping ur credz
    Just based on all the nifty changes (and it's hard to know if this idea has been fully explored previously...), I would like to see these changes additions to the perennium weapons line:

Add options for melee classes and a pistol version for ranged. I have always felt( and especially since ofab came along) that all professions should have an option for a perennium weapon. It would be nice to make them available to be tradeskilled from lower QL's too since plates and bolts are already in game loot in the SL starter area. Why not make a miniboss in SL starter area that drops low lvl spirit tech apparatus versions. You could make the drop rate a little better on current mobs that drop spirit tech apparatus and/or even have them drop off more mobs/bosses. Wouldn't be hard to add spirit techs since the icon is the same for all. Obviously adding the new final weapon would take some work and the stats and mechanics and well ok this would be an undertaking....but cool right?

Then you could get some for your starter toons that would work till lvl 20 or so and then maybe the QL 50 weapons from there up if a person would so choose. In the storyline and such to me, it makes sense that the technology for making them would develop across more than than only the current 3 versions(sniper, blaster, beamer,) why not have 1he(perennium haxxor), 1hb(perennium crusher), 2he(perennium saber), 2hb(perennium havoc), pistol(perennium blitz), dagger(perennium prix)<---LOLZ come on that's funny right there....I can see it now you have a tower twink with dual prix!!! You gotta love that

Interesting, although the only other nano-charged weapon for the conversion in game is gloves.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

i like all of it but the fact that trade skills apparently are not required anymore for 000 weapons and carbonum. that is not cool. trade skilling is a vital part of ao and should have its place.

other than that: thumbs up.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast