Thread: How much NR

How much NR

Im curious how much NR would be required to resist or avoid nano damage attacks from the various dragon mobs in inf/pen/ely.

Including bosses. For example could a NR5 toon completely ignore nukes from Pen dragons in alappa etc etc. Any one have a ball park idea where that number would start?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Laugh me out of the park... but I heard from an unverified source that some mobs in SL don't check NR but check Nano pool.

Now I agree it doesn't make any sense from a tactical perspective, but as I recall the reasoning was because many toons couldn't afford to raise NR, and the idea was to provide an intermediary sort of potential check such that weaker casting toons (doc/trader/MP/NT etc) wouldn't get WTF bowled over in the mid levels in SL.

The obvious extrapolation is has this funky mechanic carried over to higher levels of SL if true?

NOTE!!! I have absolutely nothing to substantiate this, so I'd love to be proven wrong (quite frankly because wonky mechanics make my eyes hurt) and be shown that NR is in fact the check in play.

Try to shift click the hostile nano in your NCU and find out what the defensive check is. I'm pretty sure nothing uses Nanopool as a check otherwise all you'd see is NTs running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolain View Post
    Try to shift click the hostile nano in your NCU and find out what the defensive check is. I'm pretty sure nothing uses Nanopool as a check otherwise all you'd see is NTs running around.
    Lol thanks for the reality check.

You're absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolain View Post
    Spirits do iirc.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Yes spirits check psychic vs nanopool or currentnano vs targetmaxnano on some regular swings (they have several different melee attacks and not all of those have such checks, but draining their nano does have a very noticable impact on how hard they can hit you)
    Most regular dyna mobs that can nuke in inferno will use Beckon for grace. (100% matt crea vs 66% NR but I don't know how you can find out how much matt crea a mob has.) I very rarely resisted it on my 220 characters who all have NR maxed, the mobs will keep casting the nuke even when NSDed since it requires no skill to use, but with NSD running on the mob you will pretty much always counter it.

Raising your NR with 3000 points should have the same effect as debuffing the mobs matt crea with 2000 points, aka don't bother, you can counter it much easier with the nano draining ring from albtraum instead.
    Last edited by Mamman; Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:23:18.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Raising your NR with 3000 points should have the same effect as debuffing the mobs matt crea with 2000 points, aka don't bother, you can counter it much easier with the nano draining ring from albtraum instead.
    This is incorrect... Debuffing MC by 2000 points should not have the same effect as raising your NR 3000 points. Let's say they had 4000 MC and you had 1000 NR:

Debuffing MC by 2000 leaves them at 2000 MC vs your 660 effective NR to a 66% NR check.

Whereas increasing your NR by 3000 points would leave you at 4000 MC vs 2700 NR to a 66% NR check.

These are significantly different results. It all hinges on what the original numbers are as to how much they are affected by the addition/subtraction.

You're right. My math is like that of a pentium 3

My point still holds though, draining nano is a much better way to mitigate nukes in inferno compared to raising NR
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing