Thread: The Xan Reliquary - Low level leveling. (1->170)

The Xan Reliquary - Low level leveling. (1->170)

Thanks for The Xan Reliquary!

Even though it still has it's quirks I think its great it shows real promise.

So, low level leveling right now most people manage to get to 35~ or thereabout all alone (this is actually being generous), I'm not saying that this is the truth for everyone because obviously someone would manage to get all the way to 220 all alone, though this simply does not happen in this game at this stage. Now we have to factor in the rate of leveling, first 150 levels can be achieved in a day, if you work hard or let me say your outside tank and your friendly NT you can even get way past this. Though realistically this is not something everyone do, however somewhere around 8~15 levels per hour upto around 200 seem like a good rate of leveling. We could say it's wrong way to level, but hey who would say something like this: "No I don't want to level quickly I rather want to increase the time by a factor of 10 because power leveling is wrong."

Of course should leveling get slower as you get higher, but today if your not self sufficient or do not have access to a Organization or friends that can help/level you, you will actually see that this whole equation is flipped the other way around finding that early game was actually the slowest and most tedious portion of the game, in my opinion the first 200 levels are the main selling point to new players, because if you manage to hold on for that long your likely a lifelong customer at this point, well you don't need to know rocket science to understand what the outcome is going to be most of the time.

Anyone who don't believe me, make a brand new character don't ask friends or use any of your 6 other accounts to help you out with the leveling, you will quickly see that there is no incentive for anyone to help new players, nor would they unless you pay or can benefit from you in any way. Don't get me wrong there are always people out there who will reach out and help you on your way, then again its not about being hand held while you level either. You don't get attached to your character this way, I know I was being hand held the first time I played this game, yet it took years before I truly fell in love with AO on my own premises.

Now that The Xan Reliquary is finally here this should be re-purposed for more level ranges so that new players can learn how to play instead of being given free handouts or power leveled through the amazing world of Anarchy Online, and the interesting part with this, as characters actually learn to play their characters and get a bit of gear through this process they could actually be useful when they finally hit the level range that we consider end game 200+, countless times have I seen new people say "sorry I don't know, or I don't have that I power leveled this character yesterday" which is just wrong.

Secondly it would also be important that a single player or a small teams could also achieve nearly same results otherwise you get the effect "I am stiting on LFT all day without any invites" perhaps teams would get rewarded with more/better loot from harder bosses.
    Last edited by Dochere; Dec 3rd, 2014 at 15:32:52.
    New site www.iraid.io

Dochere____ :: 220/70/30 :: Doctor
    Kitessolja_ :: 220/70/30 :: Soldier
    Kitesengy__ :: 220/70/30 :: Engineer
    Kitesenfo__ :: 220/70/28 :: Enforcer
    Shadykites_ :: 220/60/17 :: Shade
    Cratalot___ :: 220/70/30 :: Bureaucrat
    Kitesnt____ :: 215/57/13 :: Nano-technician
    Crattykites :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat
    KItescrat__ :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat

Agree with everything you said there, Although a major factor that seperates new players from noobs is knowledge.

You cannot get very far in this game w/o some knowledge on how this game goes. Simply put, If someone started a lvl1 that has previous 220 toons and next to infinite supply of creds VS someone completely new with no other toons to help. The person with the 220 toons will get much further in the game than the new player due to the fact that the person with the high level toons knows what to expect when he reaches a certain milestone within the game. That doesnt mean that the person with all the 220s should use them. If you know what gear you want, how you want ur char to be etc etc, you dont need to duel log or even 6 box your own toons to get through this game.

It is very achieveable to reach 200 relatively fast without afking at Kite Hill all day; It just falls down to "The Willingness to Learn".

I see many types of players these days suprisingly, Hell I even bumped into a 220 enfo that didnt know what IMUB was and he didnt know how to tank.

Now: You saying that the Xan Religuary should be available for low levels aswell as a way for them to learn the game, I can't see this as a potential way to get game knowledge as its the same repetitive situation over and over, you are not really learning about the game this way.

It is a great idea, I just think that it needs to be reworked, Sadly, I didnt like the New Inf Mish, an hour and half of standing around whacking a few mobs and the repeating over and over, In short: Its an improved updated version of RK mishes.

I would personally like to see more of a "Dark Ruins" style instances, where you cant be in a RI or a team to enter. More solo instances FTW!!. Hell, you could even dumb down some raids to make a solo instance out of them. As I see it in game these days, All the raids are aimed at lvls 201+ which is unfair to the other 80% of under 200s.

A solution: Make solo instances of every raid (Excluding S42), that may not have neccessarilly the same loot that caters to end game, But it has something that is at least worth while to those under 200s. Hell even for end game raids like s28, s35 and s13, Giif us 1 random Lead Viralbot on the gens corpse when it is down. It gives people more incentive to raid as a team and not buy a pre paid visa and go buy 6 accounts and MB it all day.

In short: I see a fantastic game that is rapidly declining. The Fact that this game is 13+? years old says it all. This game is far from dead and has room for much better improvement. Sadly it is not even an achievment reaching 220/30/70 Anymore. Make it so it is again!
    Last edited by R0sers; Dec 3rd, 2014 at 15:45:15.
    220/28/70 Crat : Rastacraty (My 1st paid and 220 <3 )
    220/30/70 Shade : Rastasshadow (My 2nd paid toon and a nice experiment )

Any questions contact me in game : I am 9/10 times on my shade and am on almost every day!

Obviously im not saying that Xan Reliquary should be your one-stop-shop where you level to 220.

However what I'm approaching to is that it could be used at certain level ranges we know are tricky. 25 to around 55 is a hard level range, because at this point players who has access to outside tanks will prefer to level though these levels in a fraction of the time doing any other method. at 55~58 id say this is a natural level where you not offer this so that the player would get a chance to experience ToTW, then again at 60 it would be possible to do Xan Religuary to level 90 and add a simple back story that in Foremans there are a disturbance in the Xan Source or something along those lines. Already now you have shown people 200% more than they will know for months or even years as yes there are players who have skipped any content below 200 and don't care for it or don't want to care for it. But they should at-least know that it exist.

And yes they would learn their character if they actually were fighting them-self for 200 levels instead of "thanks guys I'm off to bed" while outside tank and NT is working their butt off, because once you actually play your character yourself you get interested what can i do to get better, how can i do more damage, how can i heal better, what do i need to get a new pet, now you have the snowball rolling.
    Last edited by Dochere; Dec 3rd, 2014 at 16:06:16.
    New site www.iraid.io

Bureaucrat
    Bureaucrat

Suprisingly, I preferred low level levelling than high level levelling. I absolutely love ToTW, It is my favourite dungeon in this game. I think that these low-mid level needs to have some sort of background story as you enter for the first time, you gain some knowledge on how and why this is their in the first place and you go around the instance doing short fast mishes that take you all around the dungeon and forces you to go back to X NPC. This way, people learn the layout of the dungeon better, what mobs/bosses are where and how they need to tackle these obstacles as they progress. Each time they complete one of these side quests inside the instance, It unlocks deeper parts of the dungeon with harder mobs, more Randomized loot that is somewhat not uber rare, but isnt considered useless at the same time. Once the dungeon is "completed", The NPC will offer advice on where more unhuman settlements have settled across RK/SL. (These options can be defined from if your character has the expansion flag). The first time I played this game. There is no indication or help within this game that somewhat points you to the next dungeon/instance, etc as to where you should go next. IMO everything is repetitive in this game. Noob Island --> RK MISH/Subway --> ToTW --> Foremans --> Borgs/RK Mish. <--- This is basically the whole layout for a froob as to what is the easiest way through lvls 1-200. Even SL has its own repetitive levelling situation in a way. Noob Island / SL starter area --> Nasc Frontier (Lvl 14 Hiathlans) --> Crip Cave --> Dung in Crip Cave --> By this point its either a case of go quest or kill hecks. Mobs in general dont give any sort of worthwhile loot/xp which forces people away from afking at hecks all day which is really said IMO.

Any questions contact me in game : I am 9/10 times on my shade and am on almost every day!

And even if it was possible to do these from 1 - 220, still they would even need to equip their characters to function in its own way you have now forced the players to actively participate in their own future.

How would these differ from the horrid missions that have existed in shadow lands for 10 years already, except these seem bearable to do compared to classic shadow land missions.
    New site www.iraid.io

Bureaucrat
    Bureaucrat

I actually recommend people to do RK missions. They are quick and easy to do solo/team. I rarely wait more than 2min if I go lft rk mission for kicks. Mileage will vary but this is good baseline for lvls 50-150 imo.

A good solo rule of thumb is: You should be able to take on any 3 mobs inside at 50% difficulty, any 2 mobs at 75%, and any 1 at 100%.
    If you can do that you should have a well equipped toon and a working knowledge of your prof strengths and weaknesses.

For an average toon you might not be able to handle a 100% mob, but a 75% one should still always be doable. If at any time you can not handle a single 75% mob inside a mission then you need to re-equip or upgrade some nanos.
    Last edited by Psikie; Dec 3rd, 2014 at 18:34:27.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Hehe, Its suprising to say the least. I logged a 40ish froob and jumped on lft whilst sat on a paid toon with /lft XP SL/RK.

I got a team faster on my froob than my paid and they are both in lvl range of each other. I didnt receieve a single tell for my paid toon for any sort of xp. But I waited all of 5 minutes before i got a tell on my froob for RK mishes. )