Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When is battlestation getting a minimap?

When is battlestation getting a minimap?

It's pretty ridiculous having to ask my teammates where they are every 5 seconds because it's impossible to follow anyone thanks to the brilliant combination of teleporters, and AO's dysfunctional sync and view distance.

Long overdue, fix please <3

Do not team inside BS = problem solved
    FC ! Please do not implement this idea I am fed up already with fighting alone against so called (teamed) pvpers ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Do not team inside BS = problem solved
    FC ! Please do not implement this idea I am fed up already with fighting alone against so called (teamed) pvpers ...
    Stay out of BS and /duel kk thanks.

I would rather see them implement scoreboard and some sort of ranking system. I think People would use a minimap to avoid fighting.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    I would rather see them implement scoreboard and some sort of ranking system. I think People would use a minimap to avoid fighting.
    1.don't highjack every bs thread with your/other suggestions. they have been discussed elsewhere. its just not productive, even though i support them.

2.if i understand op correctly, you only see your team.

I think People would use a minimap to avoid fighting.
    I don't see a problem with that. Having played a fixer most of the time I've had the privilege of picking my fights more so than any other profession can and I consider it a valid tactic in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    if i understand op correctly, you only see your team.
    No I meant a normal minimap like any other playfield with all the map indicators (directional arrow, npcs (pets), players, side, teammates). Although being able to see just one's own side would be good enough too.

I think People would use a minimap to avoid fighting.
    When they see me, I can see them. There's no way to avoid a fight if I want it. There are enough people sneaking on BS already to avoid fights and leech points, so a map to see the ones that try to hide in corners or wherever is the least we should get. Because as Pafpuf pointed out: View distance is awful, especially on BS.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    No I meant a normal minimap like any other playfield with all the map indicators (directional arrow, npcs (pets), players, side, teammates). Although being able to see just one's own side would be good enough too.
    Very bad idea that would only help a team of coward "pvpers" to hunt down and farm greenies.

If you want some real team pvp go hit some well planted tower wars instead of group farming greenies in BS...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

bump, i enjoy hunting down those people who think they can get away with hiding in a corner the whole round
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Very bad idea that would only help a team of coward "pvpers" to hunt down and farm greenies.

If you want some real team pvp go hit some well planted tower wars instead of group farming greenies in BS...
    As far as I know there's no way to tell someone's level via minimap so your argument which makes it a bad idea is completely null and void. Your inability to grasp the concept of open mass pvp and personal dislike for teaming is not the subject of discussion here. Soloing in an open pvp area is a choice, as is teaming especially for professions who don't really preform well in solo pvp but shine in team situations such as doctors, crats, and traders. Besides how is a team interrupting your duels any different from having 3-4 solo players doing the same?

The only coward pvper here is yourself because you only look to pick duels. If you really want to duel that bad you can /duel any player within your pvp level range at any given time in the game, to dumb down a side vs side pvp arena into duels is ridiculous. My suggestion isn't something that would be exclusive to my teammates and myself. Yours and anybody else's personal feelings towards teaming and dying in a video game aside, my suggestion is pure common sense and an improvement everyone would welcome. Even yourself given the chance it was implemented (maybe not, subaverage to average players are notorious for neglecting useful tools such as the minimap) would grow to like it in practice, as it is now you're solely against it because of this ongoing ridiculous prejudice that "pvpers just want to farm greenies". We all started like gimp greenies, I didn't create my character an endgame one but I made it into one with time. Whatever inferiority complex you have because teamed pvpers wreck you in pvp is again just personal feelings and don't matter at all in discussions like these. I suggest you start a blog to vent your selfish disapproval for other players' preferences, I'm certain you'll gain a few followers that will make you feel better.
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Dec 7th, 2014 at 14:54:22.

I can't also understand why they can't remake BS. The most value thing for me as pvper

Well, he is looking for a way to improve BS with a minimap. I just gave another suggested improvement along with his. Nothing wrong with that, this is a discussion forum where ideas meet ideas. I appreciate your support, but I don't see myself as an hijacker for giving more suggestions. It is still in the topic of BS overall.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Map = more spawn camping. O look a thrice killed pop on my map!
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

15 spawn locations and *shuffle* *shuffle* *shuffle* boy here is concerned about spawn camping lmao.

Almost as funny as awikun's "green farming via minimap" argument.

Not worried at all, just sitting back wondering how much more advantages you can possibly ask for in pvp. Since it is so hard as is. I suppose the concept of "Fog of War" escapes you.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

We have minimaps in PvP at Tara, Towers, City PvP and pretty much everywhere else, so why is it so much of a problem to add one for BS? What is so special about that place? Except that people there have a chance to hide and .. oh, I think I just answered that question myself.

There is no good reason to not implement it, but a lot to do so.

Read again Fog of War.

Maybe there is no good reason not to. Although for those with side map upgrades it could very confusing to chase down a neutral player that is signed up on your side and not be able to attack. Only to turn around and get attacked by a neutral signed up on other side.

FYI map still wouldn't show someone in sneak off in a corner. But no worries if you don't mind that. Wouldn't bother me I suppose.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Ofc I know that it won't show sneaking people, what kinda comment is that even? But there are people hiding in corners without sneak, because they rely on the fact that you can't see or tab them there. How can you possibly be okay with that?

While I agree that the side upgrades as they are atm could easily lead to a problem, I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to create some sort of omni- or clanflag for neuts so they show up blue/red on the minimap. When a Neut now sides with your opposite faction they get this sort of flag as well and it gives them a red name.

Its not really a big deal I suppose. Not something I would personally argue against. I kinda like the random encounter aspect on BS. You never know if you are running toward a team of 4 or if you will round a corner into the face of an turret. It gets my blood pumping during good rounds.

If you would rather eliminate that Fog of War effect so be it. But like I said it adds an element of surprise that you can't get anywhere else in pvp. Just seems like another way to dumb down AO. Of course you can argue maps allow you to strategize more, but let's just be honest about the "strategy" angle. The truth is 90% of players run around hitting TAB followed by MR + Key bind alpha. Map would just take away any mystery as to when and where you will see someone to TAB.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Not worried at all, just sitting back wondering how much more advantages you can possibly ask for in pvp.
    Advantages over... other people with the same advantage? What?

Since it is so hard as is.
    You would know right? As someone who still uses keys to turn bwahaha.

I suppose the concept of "Fog of War" escapes you.
    Far from it, as a very accomplished RTS/TBS gamer I'm very familiar with the concept of fog of war. However it seems the concept escapes you since it never had a place in mmorpgs, nor is fog of war in any way similar to a minimap for the two to be compared. It's similar to view distance/line of sight if anything. Idk if you're trolling or genuinely that ignorant for a person playing video games for at least 12 years it's shocking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast