Thread: Alternative solution to the Multiboxing issue.

Alternative solution to the Multiboxing issue.

We seem to have at least two sides with completely different and inreconcilable opinions on multiboxing.

How about.. we have two different servers? Oter games have different servers based on pvm and pvp (I think). Perhaps this could be a way forward.

There would be:

One server that is identical to the current server, except multiboxing isn't allowed in pvp areas.

Another server that is just identical to the current server.

You get to choose which one you put your toons on.

Imo this would be a democratic way to solve the issue. Personally I think the one without MB would prosper and the one with, would die. But in either case, both sides got what they wanted. My side can play good old AO while the multiboxers can multibox freely 24/7 and they won't have to hear any complaints about it.

Cheers!

Is this a joke ? We just had our servers merged to one to cut costs...
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

This is not a bad solution in principle and theory.

It is, however, a horrible solution in practice AT THIS MOMENT.

Try suggesting this when the game has a huge enough population to sustain that change. It'll make sense.. if we ever get there.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

remove /assist

why cry about the continueing multiboxing?
    /assist is more lame than siome guy useing 4-5 accounts at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    remove /assist

why cry about the continueing multiboxing?
    /assist is more lame than siome guy useing 4-5 accounts at once.
    *cough*

The best solution is...

...deal with it.

Can I have a server with no account sharing? Since that is already a no-no and hurts the company financially. Also, how about no AOMH, etc, etc...and ANY toon caught is deleted (not banned, deleted)?

Since we are asking....
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Every time you spawn camp farm the same greenie 5x on BS you get your choice of 10 levels, 1 ql300 bot or beast armor piece! So you never have to pvm again also. On the flip side once you are killed 10x you get the same option of pvm... I mean pvp gear! After a full week of all the BS goodness when everyone is 220 with the same cookie cutter setup then you graduate to back yard hiding in Bor and 1 on 1 tower fights. To keep any chance of QQ out all grid/teleport/yalm/run actions are disabled in tower zones! So have fun walking to the towers out in PW since grid and teleports are disabled, you won't be able to exit the tower location from grid also. So it's totally even everyone walks to and from towers on your new server, attackers and defenders!

Have fun.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Most people who multibox are multiboxers and have been so regardless of what games we play, if there is one thing you learn over the years multiboxing is it to overcome the lack of "assist". By removing the assist your hurting hundreds maybe thousands of players who are not multiboxers by any means.

As a multiboxer i can already come up with several different ways to solve not having assist macro. This is not a bad idea, it would simply be a game breaking idea, people who pvp may not need it but this is vital in this game when you raid pvm content.
    New site www.iraid.io

Dochere____ :: 220/70/30 :: Doctor
    Kitessolja_ :: 220/70/30 :: Soldier
    Kitesengy__ :: 220/70/30 :: Engineer
    Kitesenfo__ :: 220/70/28 :: Enforcer
    Shadykites_ :: 220/60/17 :: Shade
    Cratalot___ :: 220/70/30 :: Bureaucrat
    Kitesnt____ :: 215/57/13 :: Nano-technician
    Crattykites :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat
    KItescrat__ :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Dochere View Post
    Most people who multibox are multiboxers and have been so regardless of what games we play, if there is one thing you learn over the years multiboxing is it to overcome the lack of "assist". By removing the assist your hurting hundreds maybe thousands of players who are not multiboxers by any means.

As a multiboxer i can already come up with several different ways to solve not having assist macro. This is not a bad idea, it would simply be a game breaking idea, people who pvp may not need it but this is vital in this game when you raid pvm content.
    assist isnt vital in neither pvp nor pvm. on the contrary it would make mass pvp a lot more interesting and require a bit of (i dont want to say "skill") during raids.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    assist isnt vital in neither pvp nor pvm. on the contrary it would make mass pvp a lot more interesting and require a bit of (i dont want to say "skill") during raids.
    I liked the idea of removing /assist "name" but keeping it around for anyone in your team.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Back to this argument? Removing assist? You have very narrow minds here. Not only can you still use things like view "Fighting target" or "target's target". How do you think /pet attack works? It's basically an assist on your target. Or think about /pet guard, how do you think that would work with out some form of assist? So pet profs get screwed but who cares right?

Now realistically, which I pointed out in another thread somewhere removing /assist would be irrelevant with team speak. Only 1 person needs a mic and the rest all just listen with pc speakers. "Everyone alpha the guy with the red shirt on!" or "All attack the guy with the pride of Xan!" you solve nothing except make it yet another 3rd party software program start a thread about it being cheating in pvp.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Back to this argument? Removing assist? You have very narrow minds here. Not only can you still use things like view "Fighting target" or "target's target". How do you think /pet attack works? It's basically an assist on your target. Or think about /pet guard, how do you think that would work with out some form of assist? So pet profs get screwed but who cares right?
    Easy fix, make assist work for NPCs only.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Now realistically, which I pointed out in another thread somewhere removing /assist would be irrelevant with team speak. Only 1 person needs a mic and the rest all just listen with pc speakers. "Everyone alpha the guy with the red shirt on!" or "All attack the guy with the pride of Xan!" you solve nothing except make it yet another 3rd party software program start a thread about it being cheating in pvp.
    Comparing assist in multiboxing or mass pvp to voice communication is ridiculous, it takes less than a second for a multiboxer to assist and start attacking the same target whereas in voice communication every individual has to seek out and acquire the target themselves. And we all know for a lot of people in this game a task consisting of doing something yourself is preposterously difficult, especially when you consider some have (at least) 12 years of gaming under their belt and are still in their "infantile" stage *shuffle* *shuffle*.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Comparing assist in multiboxing or mass pvp to voice communication is ridiculous, it takes less than a second for a multiboxer to assist and start attacking the same target
    BINGO there we go folks, back to MB again and sideways attempts to prevent it. I was just waiting for someone to finally let the cat out of the bag, and you always take the bait. So easy to predict, so easy to bait, so easy to see you coming from a mile a way.

Do I need to search back the last few months of posts where about 4-5 diff posters let you know how futile this argument was and how easy it would be to bypass not having /assist for MB'ers?

BTW If shuffle is the best jab you got I'll take that over needing a case of Febreeze for...well never mind it's not my business for what you "might" use it for. Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You know what, I think between you and Caloss I will be able to fill up my signature with new exciting things monthly.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

What are you on about, I'm just rectifying the noob level misinformation you're trying to spread.

QQ about MB is like trying to QQ about juice (NO2 for the uninitiated) at the street races. You run what you brung. If you can't handle it, you get off the starting line.

If you can only bring 1 toon to the fight vs someone who brings 3-4, that's sounds like a personal problem to me.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.