Thread: Bring back old pvp title system

Bring back old pvp title system

I think the old system of pvp titles should be brought back where if you kill someone your title or one higher you gain points towards the next title. They wouldn't have to be the old names (would be awesome if they were) but it gives people who like ganking some type of reward they have to defend and earn instead of just gaining points for kills which you can't lose. I have talked to many players who have quit and would come back if the system was brought back. Just an idea.

would be cool. BUT What many people seem to forget with the old pvp system is that it brought out coward gameplay which does not really encourage people with high titles to continue playing because of the fear from losing it
    while it was a fun pvp system, i think it is a good riddence. If they could somehow introduce the thrill of pvping and losing a title without bringing in the negative sides, that could be cool.

perhaps some sort of flagged pvp rank, and leaving solokills to bs instead?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    would be cool. BUT What many people seem to forget with the old pvp system is that it brought out coward gameplay which does not really encourage people with high titles to continue playing because of the fear from losing it
    while it was a fun pvp system, i think it is a good riddence. If they could somehow introduce the thrill of pvping and losing a title without bringing in the negative sides, that could be cool.

While this is true, I felt like a small minority of people did that, with regards to camping titles. But if they earned them I feel it is their right to do as they please. The same thing happens with pvp duels, I see people avoiding dueling people they can't beat because they want to keep a high win loss ratio. There were more people I felt back In the day that were good and would always flag than people who camped titles though.

With that being said I still would love to see it come back.

funcom wanted to destroy this game, why they gave us new pvp system years ago and killed tl 5 pvp by removing the 150-174 bs. it wont be changed for some reason.

just jokeing, but i think they should give back old system and old 150-174 battle station

We can still enable/disable our legacy title so why not have the old system running too? Can even hide the title since it doesn't show on ur info.

we never got to vote on the current title system we have now, we just got it. talk about running over the community. i remember it also killed allot of the open pvp when it was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post

We could have both old and "new" system same time.. That would even allow you to hide your legacy title if you are scared of title hunters. Then you can show ur champion title while afking in bor.

The old titles were horrible, despite a vastly larger playerbase city pvp was the same as it is today activity wise. Too much title hugging and later title farming, all for the sake of satisfying their narcissism problems. It just seemed better because alphas weren't as strong back then but titles had nothing to do with it. Try thinking with reason instead of nostalgia.