Thread: a more serious keeper thread

a more serious keeper thread

Keepers has in many peoples eyes looked cool and are cool.
    But when you sit with a 220 keeper and want to pvp.. the trouble starts.
    Its something diffrent to see a keeper looking awesome and to actualy play one and be awesome.

I have/had 9x 220 endgame alts and keeper is realy the worst.

the issues.. note i speak for 220 keepers here. tl 5 and tl 6 keepers perform very good, the lower level keeper under tl 5 i have no right to talk about since i posses 0 knowledge and i wont discuss their issues then.

1. We have to low dodge rng
    2. We lack dmg, norm hits are good but.. issue is perks, the dmg on perks dont ned to be high or anything special, but we could ned 2-3 more dmg perks and it would do allot, it desnt even have to be instant executed perks for alpha killing, but just dmg..
    3. Heals.. reduce the recharge on ''Lay on Hands'' and ''Curing Touch'' reduce the recharge by 50%. the reason is that we get more to offer for team situations and for our own survival.
    4. Heal aura heals for 1053 evry 20 second.. as a 220 that isnt realy a heal you notice or feel, just saying.
    5. Open up to stack all auras or atleast more of em by changeing the Nanoline on the nanos.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (unsure of this suggestion, but insight should have more power, if not raise aao then raise heal)
    6. Crusade perkline.. we have a perk caled insight:

Modifier:
    On Self:
    Modify Add All Off. 216
    Modify Evade-ClsC 126
    Healing 250(265), 5 hits, 2.0s delay

I dont know but if you have a 220 keeper and you use a max uppgraded perk and you get healed 250 hp 5 times.. you wont realy Wow yourself, also the ar could be double.. maybe it then wouldnt force evryone that want to perform as a 220 endgame keeper to be a atrox and perk mongo rage.. or if atrox u dont have to perk it atleast.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Dec 19th, 2014 at 09:26:03.

While i agree with you our norm.hits are great, and also we do need a bit increase in dmg potential, i dont agree that it should come from perks however, as they dosnt seem that bad imo. There are WAY worse classes perkwise that needs focus on.

In my view what keepers are missing is a special other than FA, and SA would NOT be fitting imo, it's as out of place as SA on an enf or a trox in a g-string...Just NO!

Instead i would propose a new Special for the more brawling(read: IN UR FACE) classes, one could call it: Brute Force. Like Burst for the melee classes or perhaps even a Full Auto melee attack, one could call it Reckless Force, you go nuts but lose some Evades for a short period.

I've got tons of idea's in this head of mine. Let me know what you think
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

I've done very little pvp in AO because I think it is stupid. When I see keepers (and other professions) swap from Aimed shot/FA and sneak attack weapons I think it is a total hose job. Yes I know it's "tactics" or whatever you want to call it, but to me it is pure game mechanics manipulation. That's not the way you play that character fighting the Beast or in APF, but a quick switch up to exploit (use to your advantage) game mechanics is all it takes in pvp for players to rack up kill counts and claim to be experts. Hotswapping makes experts at pvp game manipulation in my opinion. Just feels wrong to see it done.

Players can say it's skill or tricks or what ever, but it is so far from the spirit of the game it is sad.

Be happy keepers can actually land their perks in pvp, try playing a MP, then you will feel the pure pain of pvping with a disasterous profession.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

220 kpr is the only toon I've that's an endgame toon. so I've not choice but to play a kpr at my rate ^_=.

more damage would be nice, more keeper stuff nicer ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Another big problem with the keeper toolset is that they're completely perk reliant, their offensive perks are still decent (with +add dmg working on them) but their defensive perks are really bad.
    While all professions had their damage output significantly increased over the years the keeper's defenses have remained intact. A standard keeper's entire heal perk arsenal doesn't even heal 50% of their max hp. Some might argue "but keepers are good tanks hurr" yes for about 20 seconds but when cocoon, devotional armor and all heal perks are exhausted the keeper is literally defenseless for at least a minute. Keeper evades aren't even worth mentioning. The only defensive boost keepers got in the past 10 years was more hp which considering their low, outdated heals and a capping special pvp environment isn't really an improvement overall.

And I don't care what people have to say about evade keepers, in all my time in this game I have NEVER, NOT ONCE met a 220 evades keeper who's evades actually mattered and always considered it a very subpar setup. The idea of dodging perks from gimps isn't very effective when most people who pvp are in endgame gear.

realy glad to see you have knowledge pafpuf. 90% of the keepr threads has people with opinions about keepers becose they once pvp'd one or saw one.
    would be appriciated with better discusions and agreement and disagreements. but it would also be nice with trolls to stay away if they dont realy know what they talk about but guesing becose in their head they strongly belive things work like this and that.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Dec 26th, 2014 at 03:34:35.