Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - December 2014 (h0 h0 h0)

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - December 2014 (h0 h0 h0)

Happy holidays, everyone! We have made it to the end of 2014; I hope all of you have had a great year. This year has been very memorable and has left me in a position I could not be happier to hold - I personally look forward to what 2015 will bring, just as I look forward to what it will deliver to Rubi-Ka.

The Iceleet Cometh
    Our Yuletide festivities started earlier this month, and will continue until January 5th. Details on the available events can be found here. Be sure to help out (or hunt down) these holiday leets before they're locked away in the vault until next year!

If you have not, be sure to log in a character from any subscribed account to claim a free Nophex 3D Printer: Holiday Edition which will give you a tradeable gift. These are also available in the Item Shop, as well as a "Deluxe" version which will create an item for all of your team members (Note: You will need to be somewhat near your team members for everyone to get their gift).

Also ending with this holiday season will be our current subscription offer, which is detailed here. Take advantage of this offer while you can, and gain access to a unique set of swords, forged by the Hiisi themselves!

First Patch of 2015
    To start the year, we plan to release a small patch. The purpose is mostly to remedy some issues that arrived with the Christmas patch, as well as some other fixes here and there. I hope to see it on Testlive and Live early next year, once everyone has thawed out from the holidays.

With the start of the new year, a renewed focus and ferocity will be applied to finishing and releasing the 18.7 patch onto Testlive and Live. Some unexpected delays cropped up with the new Professional votes, for which I am sorry, but we will work to get those under way as soon as we can - I have enjoyed breathing life into Professional and Community generated suggestions. Thank you once again to everyone who has provided feedback with what they would like to see with 18.7 so far!

Barring any unforeseen issues, I am not planning to make any 18.6 patches beyond the aforementioned patch, coming early January - Full steam ahead!

Happy New Year!
    So here we are, at the end of 2014, looking towards 2015. Thank you all for a fantastic year - Let's make 2015 even greater! Have a happy and safe New Years.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year to you and all at FunCom too!
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Second!

Also echoing the previous message; Happy Everything Michi + FC!

Looking forward to what appears in 2015!
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

happy new year everyone =)

Merry Christmas, Happy New year 8)
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Happy new year,
    and may 2015 be a good year!

Happy New Year Mich and everyone. Let's make this a good one for AO!!

Mitchi, for me you are simply the best GD since means; getting stuff done answering players on the forums, when there's a mistake you fess up right away and fix it, there's just no BS with you.

People are noticing it and they are appreciating it, even people that never use the forums notice the changes you've made so far and say so in game, "ah this is better" "why didn't they do this sooner? awesome" I hear that a lot since you took over.

Happy new year to you dude, rock on.

PS

Do something drastic with deflect on mobs before 18.7 hits live
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Happy New Year! I hope 2015 give AO community the best
    Clan FTW
    Master Veteran General Crusher "Forz"
    Neophyte Administrator "Buroz"
    Neophyte Sergeant "Rocketz"
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

Michi is love, Michi is life.

It's hard to believe it took so many years to get a proper GD, but I am simply loving the changes introduced with every patch and the constant, direct and honest contact with the community. Haven't been this happy about AO in many years, thank you for that.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Does that mean 18.7 Will make it live more or less unchanged? YAAY.

With all the crat, doc, enfo nerfs?

If so I support that fully, bring it forth deploy it, then you guys can tweak it further.. 18.7.1 rebalance, 18.7.2 ... and so

Happy New Year all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

"Full steam ahead" = Steam release confirmed!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Happy New AO Year from The House of Black Star
    President, The House of Black Star

Can we confirm or deny that aban fala bracers were once again removed from the game? Or were the drop rates just nerfed heavily?

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Barring any unforeseen issues, I am not planning to make any 18.6 patches beyond the aforementioned patch, coming early January - Full steam ahead!
    Hi, um, I'd like new MP pets in this patch. Can you make them OP too, so we can get a taste of the good life after all these years?

Thanks for the price hike... 18.54€ a month. Must be a new record...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    "Full steam ahead" = Steam release confirmed!
    Steam release was marked dependant on the new engine being used, so.... no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Thanks for the price hike... 18.54€ a month. Must be a new record...
    FC: Are we paying double VAT with that new price? One for US and one whatever EU country someone's in?

Also: Happy new gregorian year.
    Last edited by sannz; Jan 1st, 2015 at 15:10:20.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Steam release was marked dependant on the new engine being used, so.... no?
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/217730 It's already there... Though they haven't yet made it public as overlay doesn't work with current engine...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/217730 It's already there... Though they haven't yet made it public as overlay doesn't work with current engine...
    Not for german users then.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Not for german users then.
    It's like any other title that does exist in Steam, but isn't on Store.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast