Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neutral neck items

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    You guys aren't even passed page one and we're already at the Holocaust. /thread
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    https://aoitems.com/item/81755/

Before someone else does it

Seriously though, I don't see why not, Neutrals lost alot of their uniqueness when the globalised GMI got implemented and AI Cities were removed.
    This... The main benefit to being neutral had always been, being able to sell to both sides. Since the new GMI was introduced that was taken away. In regards to some of the other posts on here i'd be happy to see guards in Borealis and Newland attacking both Omni and Clan players whenever they enter. I mean honestly let's segregate the population some more that has to be good for the game right? /rolls eyes

I generally side with the Omni population because they don't exclude me from raidbots and therefore content based on my choice of faction (I say generally because every faction has some bad apples.) Regarding BS i'll join whichever side needs the numbers to get it running because frankly i just want it to start in a timely fashion. Having said that, I have friends I play with on both sides of the fence and judge individuals based on their actions towards myself and other players. I have a single Omni froob I use to buy medsuits (as i'm sure many clan players do,) the rest are all neutral's.

These weak arguments that neutral players should miss out on decent neck item because they haven't chosen a side of the "war" is so laughable I almost feel pity for you, almost... If you feel that strongly about it, I suggest you stay out of Borealis and Newland and stop asking neutral players for buffs to twink your pvp toons, otherwise you're just a hypocrite...
    Last edited by Lazyisk; Jan 8th, 2015 at 07:30:28. Reason: Because i could suck it up princess'

If Neutrals get decent neck items, they also need something they have to accomplish. There is no way that Clan or Omni have to grind through -I don't know how many mishes/dailies- to get their 10-2,5k Tokens OR have to pay either real or ingame cash to obtain these boards, while Neuts just level up and ding 100 to equip this or that item that's close to the Tokenboards.

I suggest you stop assuming I ask Neutrals for anything ever, to equip my nonexistant PvP twinks.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyisk View Post
    This... The main benefit to being neutral had always been, being able to sell to both sides. Since the new GMI was introduced that was taken away. In regards to some of the other posts on here i'd be happy to see guards in Borealis and Newland attacking both Omni and Clan players whenever they enter. I mean honestly let's segregate the population some more that has to be good for the game right? /rolls eyes

I generally side with the Omni population because they don't exclude me from raidbots and therefore content based on my choice of faction (I say generally because every faction has some bad apples.) Regarding BS i'll join whichever side needs the numbers to get it running because frankly i just want it to start in a timely fashion. Having said that, I have friends I play with on both sides of the fence and judge individuals based on their actions towards myself and other players. I have a single Omni froob I use to buy medsuits (as i'm sure many clan players do,) the rest are all neutral's.

These weak arguments that neutral players should miss out on decent neck item because they haven't chosen a side of the "war" is so laughable I almost feel pity for you, almost... If you feel that strongly about it, I suggest you stay out of Borealis and Newland and stop asking neutral players for buffs to twink your pvp toons, otherwise you're just a hypocrite...
    If you're suggesting Clan and Omni should stay out of Borealis because we are role-playing faction, I kindly suggest you go re-learn your AO history.
    ICC was deployed to protect neutral citizens, not to take offense.

In regards to segregation, you're the only one who brought it up, read all the posts before yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    If Neutrals get decent neck items, they also need something they have to accomplish. There is no way that Clan or Omni have to grind through -I don't know how many mishes/dailies- to get their 10-2,5k Tokens OR have to pay either real or ingame cash to obtain these boards, while Neuts just level up and ding 100 to equip this or that item that's close to the Tokenboards.

I suggest you stop assuming I ask Neutrals for anything ever, to equip my nonexistant PvP twinks.
    I think a quest kinda like the High Commander Brock quest would be suitable.
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

IF Neuts had comparable neck items... what is the reason anyone would be sided anymore?

Game would become one sided, end of fun and pvp and everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    IF Neuts had comparable neck items... what is the reason anyone would be sided anymore?

I'm not asking for something comparable, I just want something better than the prototype cyborg token board before lvl 190.
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Nowdays you get the 2.5k tokens (or whatever amount) extremely easy by doing the daily missions. It used to be quite a grind but my sided character waaay overdid it on the way to 220 without me even noticing it at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post

Lore and Ideology. You know, the actual reason people are supposed to go sided for. The Token Boards were never supposed to be "the big reason of picking a side in the war".
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Jan 8th, 2015 at 16:48:48.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Nowdays you get the 2.5k tokens (or whatever amount) extremely easy by doing the daily missions. It used to be quite a grind but my sided character waaay overdid it on the way to 220 without me even noticing it at first.

Lore and Ideology. You know, the actual reason people are supposed to go sided for. The Token Boards were never supposed to be "the big reason of picking a side in the war".

seems its EASIER to get tokens per ingame market ^_=...no real effort, let alone buy it off as a package off others with ingame credit.

seems everytime THIS IS MENTION: Neutral Token Neck items with token upgrade.....everyone DO PICK THAT AS A ""MAIN" REASON TO GO SIDED ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Not arguing with that. It is a hell of a lot easier nowadays, considering we even farmed token weapons back then because it was more effective than doing mishes. But, that was not was I was heading to. See it like this: If -for example- there was this lvl req 100 neckitem close to what the TL4 Tokenboard is. Now what do Neuts have to do? Level up to lvl 100 in one day, right click it and be done. Even though tokens are easy to get, as a sided player you still have to spend a lot of time on that, because afterall it is 1000 Tokens you don't have just like that when you ding lvl 100, even if you only leveled with dailies and rk mish.

neuts are omnis without tokenboards. if you want proof, look at all the omnis chilling in bor.

Too many uneducated people when it comes to neutrals, here.. Lazy surprisingly enough being one of them.

@Baby: You get hefty amounts of tokens on the daily missions as you level up and you can often do 3xBS (even if you have to make it run by yourself with froobs), 1 normal, 1 elite and 1 DOJA. 1k Tokens won't really be that bad even if you want them by level 100. Granted it still takes a little effort, but nowhere near what it used to.

I don't think it was EVER said that neutrals should get a neck item that requires ZERO effort to get compared to the omni/clan token boards. There are simply better (and harder?) ways to go about it than the humble token system we have nowadays. It would be good if it were different in that regard. Maybe a questline with level-appropriate hard fights. Maybe a low droprate craft (or both combined!).. whatever it is, let's try and be mildly original about it. Can't hurt.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

@Baby: You get hefty amounts of tokens on the daily missions as you level up and you can often do 3xBS (even if you have to make it run by yourself with froobs), 1 normal, 1 elite and 1 DOJA. 1k Tokens won't really be that bad even if you want them by level 100. Granted it still takes a little effort, but nowhere near what it used to.
    And this is where you're completely wrong. I currently have a froob Agent lvl 57. I didn't do anything but rk mish and a couple (elite) dailies so far and have 158 Tokens. That is already a lot for that range considering how fast you level, but let's pretend with DOJAs you'd be at close to 200 Tokens. How do you expect anyone to get 800 Tokens in around 40 levels? Even if it was 700, it really doesn't matter. It's not gonna happen, unless you stop leveling. BS isn't running at all in that range.
    Neuts will have no other req than TL for their item if they don't get Tokens or anything similar.

I don't think it was EVER said that neutrals should get a neck item that requires ZERO effort to get compared to the omni/clan token boards. There are simply better (and harder?) ways to go about it than the humble token system we have nowadays. It would be good if it were different in that regard. Maybe a questline with level-appropriate hard fights. Maybe a low droprate craft (or both combined!).. whatever it is, let's try and be mildly original about it. Can't hurt.
    Then maybe someone should start saying what they actually want and how to obtain it, instead of just saying "we deserve neck items, gief".

@Baby: Maybe we feel that's a job for the Game Designer and we're just concerned on relative balance between factions now that neutrals lost part of their benefits? We don't have to provide the full solution, just suggest what we feel needs improvement. The rest is up to the devs/designers (and our lack of objection to "the rest" enhances this).

As for the tokens.. for a leveling character your agent is doing fine. For a twink doing the dailies is fairly easy even if you have to make the BS run by yourself (you need 8 characters in that range but just 4 of them online at a time if you do it 100% yourself. I've seen several people doing this so it's not exactly uncommon. Too much work if you ask me, I prefer killing stuff and doing other dailies if it's not running.

Don't forget, the tokens earned in dailies increase as you level. At the levels mention by the OP (100-190) it's not particularly hard to get A LOT of tokens every day, especially on a twink who can ace those dailies with little effort (or anyone dual-logging a higher character for some of the elite stuff).

As I mentioned earlier, I leveled a paid sided toon and never had issues having a decent token board for my level. It's a 220 now and reached 220 well above 2.5k tokens. I guess actually playing the character instead of sitting on kite hill helped me a lot but it's kind of supposed to help me, isn't it?
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Jan 9th, 2015 at 00:52:22.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Well, imho, if you want something from someone, you should at least give them an idea about what you want, or in which direction you want it to go. Can't just walk up to someone and say "I don't like xyz, do something about it" and that's it. It is not even clear if Neuts want something better in regards to HP/Nano or for example a better version of the Collar or a better CL twink item. Paid only? Froob friendly?

If you save the token hunt for TL4/5, then you're right ofc. You'll get the 1k tokens in no time. But the 1k Board still has the TL4 flag and if I understand OP correct, they want something similar to our boards, but not as powerful. A realistic TB for lvl 100 is either 250 or 400 (~400 HP) and I think the Prototype isn't that far off, considering it has other boni as well. (Quest should get lvl req 100 then.) With TL6 you get the Smuggled Boards with 800HP, so in between (TL5) +400 HP/Nano seems reasonable. But that should require the same effort as the 400 TB takes with the TL4 token reward (4 per mish / 8 per daily). 50 Dailies take approx 1 week if you do all of them each day (including 1 DOJA). More realistic 3+ weeks for people who have limited time, bad droprates and want to do something else in between as well.

I personally don't think yet another gimp questline, that takes around 2 or 3 hours would be enough to compensate. It should afterall be an ongoing mission, just as it is for us. But then I'm back on Neuts not being a faction, not having a "big goal" as clan/omni has etc pp.

Then again, if Neuts are actually mercenaries, I wouldn't see why they can't be sort of "loyal" to one side, as in being "hired" (if you want to call it that) and in return they will get their own "tokens". For helping one side. It would be optional ofc, so they might as well stay as what they are now. If for example, a Neut says "I'm with clan", the downside would be they couldn't sign up on Omni side for BS for example. And if they ever choose that suddenly clan is not who they want to stick with anymore, they can quit the "alliance" on the expense of losing their tokens. Just like we do when we switch sides. The alliance ofc wouldn't be visible at all, only the Neut would know (and whoever he tells). That way they can still get the best from both sides, just not in war anymore. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Baby; Jan 9th, 2015 at 12:58:00.

if you ask me neuts have too many neck options already. make all neck items sided only. let neuts run around with a sided application form around their neck. everyone knows neuts are third class citizens, right after sided froobs.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jan 9th, 2015 at 18:18:16.

I say give everyone the "neutral" token board. And sided boards must be bought ingame store with tokens from rubika terminal missions only ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    if you ask me neuts have too many neck options already. make all neck items sided only. let neuts run around with a sided application form around their neck. everyone knows neuts are third class citizens, right after sided froobs.
    I love you too and pity for you ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I love you too and pity for you ...
    my neut hate is as strong as it is well documented.

Baby,
    Here is a good proposal:
    Make Neutral token boards exactly the same like Omni/Clan with one exception:
    Every "upgrade" requires double amount of tokens

So what Omni/Clan gets with 1000 tokens Neutrals would get 2000 tokens etc.
    There is even logical explanation why, because Neutrals can use missions/tokens from both sides so they have to collect twice as much as Omni or Clan.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast