Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: balance the adventurer

LeQuack's posts are basically "nerf a proff I can't kill" sprinkle in some random numbers and troll any reply; thankfully Mitchi not I will never take the bait.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

yes you got me! i cant kill em and its damn good you and mici wont faal for my trolling.
    i am realy sorry for my trolling and very impressive how you saw this as a troll post i did to just waiste time.

and Mitchi i realy spologize for you and your great friend caloss2. i will never make another troll post where i spread out lies becose i cant kill a profession ever agein.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jan 9th, 2015 at 23:33:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    lol you and mici, your like BFF best friends forever? atleast sounded like u said it. and no its not a troll. adv is extremly overpowerd. claimed the oposite only states to evryone that you have low knowledge and you speak only to speak. i wont judge you since you judge yourself here basicly.
    Can anyone translate that awful torrent of verbal diarrhea into English ? is it just more trolling, or is Lequack doing a verbal impression of tub-girl ?
    Last edited by Caloss2; Jan 9th, 2015 at 23:34:52.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Soo, what you're saying is, you want fixers to be public enemy #1?

Because, that's how you become public enemy #1.
    i really doubt your personal hatred towards fixers could be any worse. so what's your point?

also, get another line. the fixers are so evil tale is getting old.

@Dajam: what lazy said. there was a time before the pistol. and that time clearly shows that it is just plain stupid. and at the time everyone knew that it was so. but it was declared a temporary thing, reasoned by something yet to come. which never came. so that argument has petty much been proven to be nonsense.

@Caloss2: have you read any of knuckles posts over the last....3 years or so? as far as i understand it a green fixer once killed his engi. and now fixers have to go. you don't have a problem with that, but when someone says advies are op, you do? time to log back in and see for yourself i'd say. if you can't see how advy, a profession that has arguably the strongest defensive toolset in game and a reliable capping (not on enfos ofc) as on top of that is not op, i gotta ask: have you played the game in the last years like ...at all?
    Last edited by Xootch; Jan 10th, 2015 at 02:57:11.

xootch, if you weren't so inept at processing information, I might almost consider you a reasonable forum adversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    @Dajam: what lazy said. there was a time before the pistol. and that time clearly shows that it is just plain stupid. and at the time everyone knew that it was so. but it was declared a temporary thing, reasoned by something yet to come. which never came. so that argument has petty much been proven to be nonsense.
    I'm not sure if you understand my stance. I'm not for the Troa'ler... I don't like it in the game in it's current state. I only used it as an example and that's the extent of it. I was just saying that if you nerf Troa'ler, you have to nerf something along with it or fixers will get out of control unless you're perked MR or an NT.

AO is not only about pvp at level 220.

Adv was my first profesion and my main for many years. Now I hardly ever log him except for tanking The Collector.
    To make things worse (for leveling advies) there is nothing that makes adv wanted in teams.
    Adv's toolset allows to solo quite well from level 1 to 220. The same toolset is what makes adv good in pvp.

If you want to nerf advies it is fine with me, but plese do it in such a way that it only nerfs them in pvp ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

i really doubt your personal hatred towards fixers could be any worse. so what's your point?

also, get another line. the fixers are so evil tale is getting old.

@Caloss2: have you read any of knuckles posts over the last....3 years or so? as far as i understand it a green fixer once killed his engi. and now fixers have to go. you don't have a problem with that, but when someone says advies are op, you do? time to log back in and see for yourself i'd say. if you can't see how advy, a profession that has arguably the strongest defensive toolset in game and a reliable capping (not on enfos ofc) as on top of that is not op, i gotta ask: have you played the game in the last years like ...at all?
    I've actually played both adv (13 years) fixer (2years) and that's why my post was
    Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    LeQuack's posts are basically "nerf a proff I can't kill" sprinkle in some random numbers and troll any reply; thankfully Mitchi not I will never take the bait.
    Meaning pretty much all his posts on the forums are wanting one proff or another nerfed till he can beat them; and both are a little OP'd in pvp unless your adv is melee as mine is.

I just get bored of certain people crying nerf every time a better player beats them in pvp; I get beaten a lot by all kinds of different classes, but I don't come crying whaaaaaaaabulance on the forums about it.

Ref on Caloss2
    http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=1&name=Caloss2

i feel sorry for you. anyways u got me about all my posts about professions i cant beat. adv, go find other posts about anything else please. and my 2nd complain is about keepers lacking toolset.

but hey feel free to prove me wrong if there was any other profession i ever complained about ingame except adv beeing overpowerd.
    anyways i shouldnt write more here since you and your great friend mitchi dont listen to me anyways as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dajam View Post
    I'm not sure if you understand my stance. I'm not for the Troa'ler... I don't like it in the game in it's current state. I only used it as an example and that's the extent of it. I was just saying that if you nerf Troa'ler, you have to nerf something along with it or fixers will get out of control unless you're perked MR or an NT.
    that scenario existed. and it wasn't so.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i feel sorry for you. anyways u got me about all my posts about professions i cant beat. adv, go find other posts about anything else please. and my 2nd complain is about keepers lacking toolset.

but hey feel free to prove me wrong if there was any other profession i ever complained about ingame except adv beeing overpowerd.
    anyways i shouldnt write more here since you and your great friend mitchi dont listen to me anyways as you said.
    And engi's and symbiants and and and

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sea...searchid=38691

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    And engi's and symbiants and and and

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sea...searchid=38691
    How about you start acting your age instead of trolling by calling someone else a troll just because of their grammar. Le-quack is leagues ahead of you and a vast majority of forum posters and players when it comes to actual game knowledge and skill level despite his bad english; he knows what he's talking about. His problem is that he's also a member of a very small minority who want a balanced game while most others just want their chosen professions to remain intact despite VERY obvious balance flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    How about you start acting your age instead of trolling by calling someone else a troll just because of their grammar. Le-quack is leagues ahead of you and a vast majority of forum posters and players when it comes to actual game knowledge and skill level despite his bad english; he knows what he's talking about. His problem is that he's also a member of a very small minority who want a balanced game while most others just want their chosen professions to remain intact despite VERY obvious balance flaws.
    I didn't call him on his grammar just asked if anyone could translate the drivel he previously posted

Strawman argument there kiddo; quack asked me to give links to his whining so I obliged, now run along and stop trolling someone who you're calling a troll, claiming they're trolling, what is this troll-ception ?

Or really just quacks other forum account http://forums.anarchy-online.com/mem...arkerThanBlack

Join Date Jan 8th, 2015
    Last edited by Caloss2; Jan 10th, 2015 at 19:34:47.

solution to advies is easy. remove as pistol. fix pistol perks.
    this

it also fixes several other profs who should of never have access to the pistol in the first place.

u want Aimed Shot?

USE ONEHANDER

u want RELIABLE Aimed Shot?

Roll an Agent
    Last edited by Chewy1; Jan 10th, 2015 at 19:58:36. Reason: add
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

that scenario existed. and it wasn't so.
    Except the game wasn't the same back then? Alphas weren't around and people had a very hard time even equipping Intel symbs pre LoX. Their level of survivability now compared to then is much different. You can't compare current times to those times unless you are expecting a complete patch reversion.

Troaler is lightyears better than onehander... Nobody calls TRoaler a Crapaler... yet Craphander is term usualy used.

Troaler pretty much makes pvp unbalanced from start. Potentialy as devs did try to make it for 18.7 with 1.5/2.0 recharge. But that wont nerf it for advy at all. Just make it less useful on docs, crats, ... and well evryone who'd better not be using it anyway.

Offcorse fixers with Troaler would still be viable.

The good idea is, from orgmate. Give MP pets nuke attacks that target NR, and thus hit pesky evaders well. Imagine a poor ass fixer getting chased down by nuking MP? That would work. Nt's already fill fixer killer role pretty well.

And final nail in coffin to fixer rule... If you are under attack you cannot meep.

As for advies? Advy without Troaler is far form OP, nobody screams "Melee advies are OP." Remove AS from pistols and all would instantly be mostly solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Except the game wasn't the same back then? Alphas weren't around and people had a very hard time even equipping Intel symbs pre LoX. Their level of survivability now compared to then is much different. You can't compare current times to those times unless you are expecting a complete patch reversion.
    i knew you were going to say that and i am excited to hear what you think changed so dramatically that it evens out the troll pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    xootch, if you weren't so inept at processing information, I might almost consider you a reasonable forum adversary.
    i will give you this: outside of your fixer trauma, your posts do make more sense than average. you do attack on a personal level more frequently than average, too though. so let's call it even.

i knew you were going to say that and i am excited to hear what you think changed so dramatically that it evens out the troll pistol.
    Levels of evades? It wasn't a "dramatic" change but the levels are definitely increased a solid amount. Either way my points stands that the game was different than it is now by a decent margin and even with the Troa'ler, fixers are harder to kill now then they were then.

Levels of evades? It wasn't a "dramatic" change but the levels are definitely increased a solid amount. Either way my points stands that the game was different than it is now by a decent margin and even with the Troa'ler, fixers are harder to kill now then they were then.
    so, speaking in relative numbers, how much did fixer evades go up since the pistol was introduced and how much do you think did that actually impact their ability to evade?

what are the other things that make up this "decent margin" that makes fixers so much harder to kill then they were then?

Sorry, but I do not see it yet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast