Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: balance the adventurer

Xootch doesn't read posts that disagree with his pre-ordained mindset of "you're always wrong" which means that if someone presents a valid discussion based on fact, if it so much as makes sense, or proves any of his 4912 previous posts to be inaccurate, he will attempt to dismiss them as slander/trolling/illegitimate/"personal vendetta"/ etc.

While it's entertaining for a while, you kind of can't escape the feeling that the person may not understand words longer than one syllable.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I don't read posts that disagree with my pre-ordained mindset of "you're always wrong" which means that if someone presents a valid discussion based on fact, if it so much as makes sense, or proves any of my 4912 previous posts to be inaccurate, i will attempt to dismiss them as slander/trolling/illegitimate/"personal vendetta"/ etc.

While it's entertaining for a while, you kind of can't escape the feeling that i may not understand words longer than one syllable.
    returning the favor, ftfy

this is boring. come on knuckle. do what you claim you do, try to insult me. this is lame, even for your standards. try harder, hmkay?

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    its pointless to even try to argue with him. i've tried. many times. he just hates fixers. to a point that is delusional in the medical sense. nothing you can do about it. it just enables him.
    Indeedio. Like most of this forums' posters, it's about hating other professions instead fixing what's broken. The irony is that same community blames funcom for the imbalances.
    Last edited by DarkerThanBlack; Jan 14th, 2015 at 11:11:40.

According to the history as i know it, most humans are destructive. Take a look in our history and we finds brilliance minds who not only have lived on this plant but also formed our knowledge of how our world and reality works, even today we are still learning from these people.

Galileo Galilei, without this guy humanity probably think we still living on a flat earth.
    What did humans do to this guy during his lifetime? The church didnt like his ideas so they locked him in a room for the res of his life.

Copernicus, id like to remember this guy as teacher of Galilei, since their works are similar.
    What did humans do to this guy during his lifetime? Well, the church didnt like his ideas either and locked him, including his mom in a room, accusing them for doing witchcraft.

Isaac Newton, the guy knows so much about how reality works, but only a fraction of his work is known. He doesnt only works with gravity and F=MA were later Einstein copy and paste into his own E=MC" but also worked with other interesting theories that we still learning from Today.
    What did humans do to this guy during his lifetime? They claimed him insane back in the days when he was alive. But everybody want to learn from after his death.
    Newton hated humans

Nicola Tesla, This guy is one of the most brilliance scientists in modern time, even today we dont have anyone who can be compared with him.
    What did humans do to this guy during his lifetime? They stole his ideas

Conclusions:
    Humans are destructive not because of our behavior, but also because of the biology blueprint we have been designed for, is to survive and to do what we can to maintain our own self existence.
    Long story short, and i know this may looks far fetched and out of the blue but it all falls back to fear, the fear of being non existence, fear due to lacks of knowledge and understanding, fear of the unknown what will happens, what is out there?
    Fear is root of destructive mentality.

Thanks for reading

Best Regards,
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Jan 14th, 2015 at 15:07:11.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Feel free to steel my balance ideas and make them ingame! I am sure Nicola Tesla would not mind to see his idea of free electric power for everyone and free energy to be stolen and implemented for everyone to be free. I bet he would approve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

If i stole your AO balance ideas and FC and the gamers gives me all the credits, the fame, while noone know about you. How would you the owner of the idea feels?
    Give me an honest answer from the heart.

If someone becomes rich and famous because they stole my ideas and adapt into their own, while i remain poor i would be pissed off. But if my ideas are being distributed with non profit and noone claims it is their own ideas then i would be happy about it.
    However, regarding my previous post, i only want to refresh how these brilliance scientists have been treated by humans during their lifetime.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Indeedio. Like most of this forums' posters, it's about hating other professions instead fixing what's broken. The irony is that same community blames funcom for the imbalances.
    until you successfully refute my actual argument, you'll be stuck trying to play character assassin.

Unfortunately for you, everyone who reads the forums knows playing character assassin means you've lost.

How's the company down there? Xootch is friendly with those he shares much in common...

until you successfully refute my actual argument, you'll be stuck trying to play character assassin.Unfortunately for you, everyone who reads the forums knows playing character assassin means you've lost.How's the company down there? Xootch is friendly with those he shares much in common...
    no offense bro but your character doesn't need assassination. everyone knows you like to spout random nonsense that has nothing to do with reality.

until you successfully refute my actual argument, you'll be stuck trying to play character assassin.

Unfortunately for you, everyone who reads the forums knows playing character assassin means you've lost.

How's the company down there? Xootch is friendly with those he shares much in common...
    I certainly don't feel unfortunate since I deal with fixers in this game just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    no offense bro but your character doesn't need assassination. everyone knows you like to spout random nonsense that has nothing to do with reality.
    Says the fixer professional... the most OP class in game right now. If you aren't objective about your prof's OPness, someone has to be defend the masses. If I still played AO I might consider it, but in the meantime, I'm more than happy to make your little zerglings feel the wrath of logic.

Says the fixer professional... the most OP class in game right now. If you aren't objective about your prof's OPness, someone has to be defend the masses. If I still played AO I might consider it, but in the meantime, I'm more than happy to make your little zerglings feel the wrath of logic.
    boooooooring. and fyi: having mass doesn't make you the masses.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jan 15th, 2015 at 02:46:35.

fixer is the nerfest prof.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    fixer is the nerfest prof.
    If you can't make it work ... try:

http://www.mabuhaynet.com/games/easiest-game.php

If you can't make it work ... try:

http://www.mabuhaynet.com/games/easiest-game.php
    i guess the chances of you taking your own advice are slim to none? afterall, you're the one who can't make any of your profs work as in to kill a fixer. oh my, the wrath of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dajam View Post
    @Baby No, no you misunderstood or my point was not expressed clearly. I believe that changes need to be made... including to the Troa'ler. I was simply playing devil's advocate (a necessary position to play imo) to explain the volatility of balancing. The job of a balance team (not like AO really has one) is to determine the following:

A) What needs balancing

B) The best angle to approach a balance project after it has been identified (What piece of this do we need to buff/nerf? To what extent do we need to go?)

C) Consider the repercussions of the angle they choose to pursue.

and then, if they decide they have identified all of the repercussions and still want to pursue balance, they have to repeat the above process for each repercussion that they deem a legitimate problem.

Often, this process can take some time and finesse to pinpoint all of the best solutions.

I'm not saying I have the answers to the game's balance problems. My suggested fixes wouldn't necessarily be the right ones and I haven't taken the time or effort to go through the process I highlighted above. I think that in the case of Anarchy Online, a game that doesn't have a balance team at all, the suggestions of the community are vital. Some suggestions are pretty good, others are terrible and some are close to being right, but aren't quite there and need some more attention/fleshing out.

My overall point is that everyone should keep an open mind and try to think the way a balance team might so that our suggestions can be taken more seriously.
    Maybe both, it doesn't matter anymore.
    While it makes sense what you say about the way someone should be approaching balance, you're forgetting a crucial factor: Time. The community is tired of those rebalance promises that aren't gonna kept since.. what? 2007?, and the dev/balance team doesn't have time anymore. 18.7 is close, but 18.7 is (maybe was?) a complete mess and also a prime example of why you shouldn't fix too much at once.

About the fixer thing, I'm with Xootch on this one. Fixers/Shades won't turn unkillable or anything if Troa'Ler gets removed. Hell, even I as pvm-doc malp'd a Fixer down and almost a Shade, so removing one weapon won't do as much as people think. You are right though, the evades/def and whatnot have increased, but other things like AR have as well. In the case of Advis, if they can't use Troa'Ler for AS anymore, they'll simply go back to FA. It's really not a big deal, besides that JEPP needs a bigger clip.

@Raggy: Enjoy ^.^
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Maybe both, it doesn't matter anymore.
    While it makes sense what you say about the way someone should be approaching balance, you're forgetting a crucial factor: Time. The community is tired of those rebalance promises that aren't gonna kept since.. what? 2007?, and the dev/balance team doesn't have time anymore. 18.7 is close, but 18.7 is (maybe was?) a complete mess and also a prime example of why you shouldn't fix too much at once.

About the fixer thing, I'm with Xootch on this one. Fixers/Shades won't turn unkillable or anything if Troa'Ler gets removed. Hell, even I as pvm-doc malp'd a Fixer down and almost a Shade, so removing one weapon won't do as much as people think. You are right though, the evades/def and whatnot have increased, but other things like AR have as well. In the case of Advis, if they can't use Troa'Ler for AS anymore, they'll simply go back to FA. It's really not a big deal, besides that JEPP needs a bigger clip.

@Raggy: Enjoy ^.^
    Fair enough. I completely understand and sympathize with the community over the length of time it's taking to get any form of balance changes. For me personally, I'd love them to implement some changes ASAP, but not at the cost of making things worse. Also, while this is off topic and has no chance in hell of happening, I'd much prefer the issue of multiboxing and account sharing to be taken care of above anything else... But I understand what I'm asking for there and realize that will never become a reality.

Without multiboxing and account sharing this game would literally be dead. It's impossible to get anything done with a single character nowadays and the absurd price for AO discourages players from buying additional accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    i guess the chances of you taking your own advice are slim to none? afterall, you're the one who can't make any of your profs work as in to kill a fixer. oh my, the wrath of logic.
    Your capability to grasp reason defies common sense.

Fixers were strong - but balanced, in 2007.
    All profs experienced power creep from 2008-2015.
    Fixers GAINED proportionally - because they got % based hots instead of finite healing. (no other prof got this FYI)
    Fixers gained significantly more offence because some idiot asked for more FA - so FA got tacked onto every burst modifier in research PLUS a line dedicated to FA.
    Fixers were OP after that, but then someone figured out that you could build a HIGH HP fixer, and survive anyone, anytime by using high evades (no perks land), high HP (soak ANY special based alpha), paired with exceptionally strong healing (more than capable of outhealing AS/fling/burst/FA/normal/pets/procs and even some nuke spam), but that's not all, not even close. Because I haven't even touched on CC, their FAR better than average debuffs, their unreasonably high AR, and the final nail in the coffin - ridiculously strong perk alpha and special spam.

Let me ask you something. How can you possibly think it's my fault if I can't beat a fixer? If nearly everyone in game is rolling fixers because it's clear how incredibly OP they are. I'm not rolling new toons because screw that. I am more than happy to chill and wait for the dev's to sort out the balance mess. Ya, fixers are OP as hell right now - that's NOT MY FAULT. So don't try to turn things around on me to say it's my fault I can't kill one.

Just a final note on this - As I've said before, there are 2-3 WELL played atrox fixers, whom it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to kill, even controlling 5 toons. 5 toons spamming specials vs a fixer and his HP doesn't EVER go lower than 50%? That's not Skill inadequacy, everyone knows there's only 3 ways you can damage a fixer (specials/normal, pets/procs, nukes/dots). If you unload everything you have on 5 toons (in this case, that is:

3 troaler AS
    3 peh'wer burst
    3 peh'wer fling
    1 anger FA
    1 anger burst
    1 fast attack
    1 brawl

4 pets
    4 x masters bidding
    1 workplace depression

5x toons (4 ranged, 1 melee) normal hits

Which essentially means focus fire from 5 toons and 4 pets. And somehow you think it's fine for a fixer to be able to tank all that indefinitely?

REALLY?

No matter that's it's only a few fixers who do that... 95% of fixers I run into I will alpha them in <<7 seconds
    But where I come from, you don't balance idiots, you balance based on "best" setups, and "best played" not some gutter trash that can't read safety brochures on airplanes.

I think we've gone off any useful discourse at this point.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234