Thread: Cyborg Barracks Rework

Cyborg Barracks Rework

Long time since I've posted on these forums, lately I have been playing around a bit again on my froob account, considering most of the new content added keeps it's focus on TL6-7 and neglects low levels. Might it be a good plan to take a look at the lower level encounters that are around?

Cyborg Barracks is a great place to take a look at. The gear dropping in there is so far outdated that nobody bothers even going there besides for the hellspiner and their daily mission.

Taking a look at what "useful" weapons drop from this place:
    -----
    Library of Foul Language - nice taunt item for enforcers, low quality (100 ish) drops both inside and outside barracks.
    -----
    Severus' Fusion Sprayer
    NODROP
    Quality level: SPECIAL
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    On Self:
    Level from 71 and
    Burst from 345 and
    MG / SMG from 383

Ammo type: Energy Weapon Ammo
    Damage: 18-99(173)
    Dps: 5.5-30.3(52.9)
    Speed:
    Attack 1.00s
    Recharge 3.00s
    Damage type: Cold AC

-----
    Severus' Void Spinner
    NODROP
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    On Self:
    Level from 71 and
    Fling Shot from 289 and
    MG / SMG from 383

Damage: 15-145(101)
    Dps: 4.6-44.3(30.9)
    Speed:
    Attack 1.00s
    Recharge 3.00s
    Damage type: Fire AC

-----
    Two SMG's for the left and right hand, both deal different type of dmg and the damage for these weapons... well for a lvl 71 lock. Why even bother getting them?

Lets continue:
    -----
    Bastion of Deimos
    NODROP
    Requirements:
    Wear:
    On Self:
    Strength from 213 and
    Stamina from 232

Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify % Add. Nano Cost 5
    Modify Chemical AC 429
    Modify Cold AC 313
    Modify Dodge-Rng -20
    Modify Duck-Exp -20
    Modify Energy AC 429
    Modify Evade-ClsC -20
    Modify Fire AC 372
    Modify Melee/ma AC 429
    Modify Disease AC 429
    Modify Imp/Proj AC 429
    Modify Radiation AC 372
    Modify Run Speed -20

-----
    Great! Some kind of tank armor, it's a shame an Exarch robe has better stats in every possible way!

-----
    Deimos' Bio-Enhanced Feedback Rifle
    NODROP
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    On Self:
    Level from 71 and
    Fling Shot from 191 and
    Aimed Shot from 191 and
    Rifle from 377

Ammo type: Bullets
    Damage: 31-129(168)
    Dps: 8.2-34.1(44.4)
    Speed:
    Attack 2.50s
    Recharge 2.50s
    Damage type: Imp/Proj AC

-----
    Now look at this baby! the most amazing rifle for any person who wants to deal absolutely no damage at lvl 71! Let's compare it with a common froob rifle:

Yatamutchy X-3 Counter-Sniper Rifle
    Quality level: 79
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    On Self:
    Aimed Shot from 187 and
    Rifle from 375

Damage: 1-200(219)
    Dps: 0.3-57.5(62.9)
    Speed:
    Attack 2.40s
    Recharge 2.30s

so it has a bit more min damage then the froob rifle and has flingshot. Hoewever the X-3 is better in every stats way possible, has about the same req's to equippe and you likely have this one on around lvl 40 for your levelling needs. At level 71 I doubt someone would still use a rifle with these req's/stats. I took the X-3 as example considering this weapon isnt prof locked so it would be more fair to compare then to grab a caterwaul for example.

Next on the list!:
    -----
    Force-effect Vibro Blade
    NODROP
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    On Self:
    Sneak Atck from 213 and
    Fast Attack from 213 and
    Melee Ener. from 421

Damage: 30-67(114)
    Dps: 10.4-23.1(39.4)
    Speed:
    Attack 0.92s
    Recharge 0.97s
    Dual wield: Mult. Melee 376
    Damage type: Melee/ma AC

-----

A nice weapon using melee energy for anyone who wants to be different. It has no level lock(Good!) and with the stat's you should be capable of equipping two of these around lvl 30-40 with some twinking. Considering I am not into the melee energy weapons. I dont know if there is any other viable alternatives to this weapon. I would rate this weapon...... crap. A frozen tear of uklesh deals 95-148(0) with much lower stats to equippe and with a bonus nuke on hit chance. Yes that weapon is not a melee energy weapon. But it is a multi wieldable melee weapon option. Just comparing them does show that the weapon shown above has debatable damage.

Next on the list:
    -----
    Hellfury Assault Cannon
    NODROP
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    On Self:
    Level from 71 and
    Burst from 324 and
    Assault Rif from 407

Damage: 16-162(76)
    Dps: 5.3-53.8(25.2)
    Speed:
    Attack 2.50s
    Recharge 1.50s

-----

What can I say? This is the first actually usable item from this place. It is upgradeable into two better versions and packs a fair punch for it's requirements, on top of that it has an amazing proc:
    Target Modify ReflectRadiationAC -15%
    Target Modify Radiation AC -230

Which is very usefull even at high levels to bite your way through some reflect shields. The upgraded version even gains an extra proc on top of this:
    Target Remove Protection nanos <= 45 NCU 1 times.
    Which is why many high level soldiers use this to completely remove reflect shields from their target and then hotswap back to their primary weapon.

Same counts for the Hellspinner Shock Cannon which is an end game viable option with several upgrades on it, this weapon is even a decent cheap weapon for the poor mans soldier.

next on the list:
    -----
    Bonehammer
    NODROP
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    On Self:
    Level from 71 and
    Dimach from 95 and
    Brawling from 275 and
    2h Blunt from 455

Damage: 139-487(349)
    Dps: 13.7-48.1(34.5)
    Speed:
    Attack 2.61s
    Recharge 6.50s

-----

Slow, 2hb, high damage. This weapon seems decent at first. Ignoring the level 71 requirement on it. But then, what was that thing called again? Oh yes ofcourse! Neleb's Nightmare Battlerod.
    Comparing their dmg, and then best is to look at the DPS rating: Bonehammer(Dps: 13.7-48.1(34.5)) VS Neleb's Nightmare Battlerod(Dps: 14.9-65.7(6.0)). We can see the battlerod is outdamaging this weapon by far, has no level lock and even lower requirements! Did I forget to mention it drains your opponents nanopool on hit and returns this to you? So conclusion is once again. The Bonehammer is useless!

Last on the list:
    Immortal Katana // Faded Immortal Katana // Broken Immortal Katana // Improved Immortal Katana
    Considering the only one even worth mentioning for getting is the Faded Immortal Katana I will save the wall of text describing the other ones, the quality of this weapon is often around ql 90:
    -----
    Faded Immortal Katana
    Quality level: 90
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    On Self:
    2h Edged from 429

Damage: 25-118(67)
    Dps: 5.9-27.9(15.8)
    Speed:
    Attack 0.99s
    Recharge 2.21s

-----

Good news! we can upgrade this weapon!:
    -----
    Immortal Katana
    Quality level: 90
    Requirements:
    Wield:
    On Self:
    Brawling from 272 and
    Fast Attack from 227 and
    Melee Ener. from 272 and
    2h Edged from 408

Damage: 30-220(100)
    Dps: 5.3-39.1(17.8)
    Speed:
    Attack 2.40s
    Recharge 2.20s

-----

So after upgrading it, we need melee energy and 2he to wield this glowing piece of scrap! It's a beautiful looking weapon and definitly nice as a novelty. For fighting however.... CRAP.
    Why even add a weapon looking this cool if it isnt even worth using? Removing the melee energy or the 2he requirement from this weapon would be a fair start. Better would be giving this weapon some sort of damage comparable to a frost scythe/stygian desolator.

So after all the walls of text, the only useful thing to obtain from Cyborg Barracks are the Hellfury Assault Cannon and Hellspinner Shock Cannon.
    It would be a good start to give this place the ToTW/Foremans office treatment and applying a level lock to this place. Then rework these old weapons which are rotting away as scrap and make them count again. Get low levels more active, get more viable weapons for both pvp and pvm. Give people new options and make low levels more interesting again.

TLDR; Cyborg barracks is hopelessly outdated and needs a revamp to even be considered a part of AO again.
    Last edited by Bloodhoundje; Jan 11th, 2015 at 16:53:31.

Funny thing, all of the odd no-drop items (sans soldier quest) were junk when they first patched the cyborg barracks into the game. Amazing, innit?

wow I didn't even know that place had mobs that dropped weaps except the shock cannon.

I have to admit, I've never seen these mobs drop anything else than Libraries/Bodyparts and probably MoPas. However, your post makes a lot of sense, and I think if they rework the Barracks, it would be a good place to go after TOTW. For either leveling or getting some nice stuff (if updated), before you move on to Fore or CoH (which could use an update as well). Could even make it some sort bigger, put in some questlines for more fun etc.

I vote yes!
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

In the past when ever AO created new content they made old content obsolete (eg. armors weapons gear) so everyone only did the new stuff. I hope they dont do that again.
    I am sure most of that stuff have an extremely low drop rate also to make things worst.

To fix the game AO will have to make a lot of hard choices and upset a lot of people. Things cost to much so increase drop rates. Symbs need to be attainable for your lvl.
    Lastly people are able to twink and become to OPed at lower lvls such that bs isnt even slightly fair or fun. Also since its about teaming in the dungeon areas they dont learn anything and pretty much get leveled up fast not using their profession, but just because they were there.

It will be tedious work but if you make RK better,(eg rk missions faster to reach and return from. People will return)
    Someone should start a thread so they can get more suggestion on how to make rk better.

I was about to start a thread about this... but here it is!

YEAH!

AO has loads of sexy old weapons. If they were as good as say ofab or whatever, imagine the pretty setups you could make.

Imagine if these weapons were buffed up to ql100 chirop/howlet/panther/blackbird quality. IMAGINE! Ranged weapons with good damage in mid level.. OMG!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

good ole days of camping for faded immortal blade! I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade to this and make it "really glow" effect with par to coh stuff or atleast Sword of illuminate!

btw...since illegal weapons are dropping in subway..why not give the upgrades to these at the "new and improve cyborg barracks!"

hey don't make them level lock...cause everyone is tired of same old COH or SL totw weapon twink toons....need so cyborg barrak illegal weapon twink
    toons with "Yellow shiny" real immortal 2015 sword!

also speaking of totw stuff...the implants are great there. defender of the three wrist, touch of the gripper arm implant, Namete eye, Keeper vatility. Wish aztur brain imp drops again ^_-.

but at Cyborg barracks, I recall a cyborg implant droping and I was excited...but what? Atrox only and what is this "Swimming" Cybory Atrox love swimming???!!!
    Last edited by Hokutonoken; Jan 19th, 2015 at 13:09:36. Reason: implants upgrades please!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    but at Cyborg barracks, I recall a cyborg implant droping and I was excited...but what? Atrox only and what is this "Swimming" Cybory Atrox love swimming???!!!
    Cyborg Atroxes are the heaviest of all, and need all the help they can get when attempting to swim.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

There is still that Agent only rifle I think, that never has gotten its upgrade (Deimos' Bio-Enhanced Feedback Rifle)
    So want this to happen for my froob Agent (tad faster won't hurt) and perhaps another upgrade for paid players about similar as the Shade Can Opener (but agent suitable).

Badamp-Bump . Is there really that few people interested in a rework of this old instance to have useful cool gear and diversity in weapon choices for low lvl twinks?

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    wow I didn't even know that place had mobs that dropped weaps except the shock cannon.
    Cause way back when they added the Ergo ring items to the loot table for the new Shadowlands expansion they broke the loot table there for all mobs there that could drop those parts including the Hellspinner/Hellfury but those mobs spawn way more frequently, even still it can take hours to get a Hellspinner. Some of those other mobs have a multi hour spawn making trying to get any other drops totally futile. No idea why it was never fixed even though we were able to point out the exact change that broke it.

Only mob there that wasn't effected is the actual boss of the place Commander Jolocasta. He is this white cyborg ninja ridiculously long spawn rate but like the others he drops cool, yet ultimately unusable items.
    Last edited by Krause; Feb 17th, 2015 at 14:01:25.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

I cant agree more with OP. I loved this instance, was very sci-fi to me, but the loot is just not worth it, xp also.
    First of all remove the lvl req on the weopon and/or at least scale them to current weopons of choice (ie tiig weopons) .
    Set up mission like kill 100 xxx monsters with decent xp reward for lvl 50ish and so on.
    I would love to xp anywhere, so tired of the nasc - ely heck turns plus the fact that most of the time you dont find team, or it's OST'ed ;/
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

I would absolutely rejoice if we got updated weapons in this place. While SOM is still quite flawed with being rather worthless for XP, the drops inside breathed new life to a slew of professions (Shades and 2hb Enforcers in particular), and giving a bit of a helping hand to other classes that could use the CB weapons would be fantastic.

Hell, I'd love to draw some numbers up for upgrading the weapons, to give an idea as to what we could see out of a second look-over.