Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-morph

With the testlive patch notes today, it would appear this has been implemented in 18.7!

Adventurer
    Added "A Return to Form" - removes any Adv morphs on the player
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    With the testlive patch notes today, it would appear this has been implemented in 18.7!
    I might suggest you head over to Test and take a look. It cancels your morph, it does not give you the benefits while not being morphed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    I might suggest you head over to Test and take a look. It cancels your morph, it does not give you the benefits while not being morphed.
    Then I'm confused as to the point of it? What benefit does the nano server beyond doing what right clicking the buff would do?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Then I'm confused as to the point of it? What benefit does the nano server beyond doing what right clicking the buff would do?
    It has to do with the way advys are thought to be played in the future, i.e not being morphed wolf during the enterity.

It makes it possible to cancel the morph while you have cyclic buffs running and therefore not accidently cancel the wrong nano.

Emma

Am I really the only one who couldn't care less about the visuals of morphs? Only one that's irritating is pit liz and nobody uses that anyway.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Quote Originally Posted by EmSeeBee View Post
    Am I really the only one who couldn't care less about the visuals of morphs? Only one that's irritating is pit liz and nobody uses that anyway.
    My problem with the morphs is that they are really clunky with awful camera angles. Also people can't see my phatz if I'm a 5 polygon wolf
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

My problem with the morphs is that they are really clunky with awful camera angles.
    And don't forget that the models used in the morphs are particularly low-quality, even compared to the other badly-modeled monsters.

I really enjoy adventurer and would play it constantly, but it's one of my least-played professions and I can explain why in two words: "dog butt". This change would be a godsend for me, and I really don't see any justification for NOT letting adventurers look like players.

As far as the "think of the pvp!" complaints, I remember not too long ago there being enough whining to nerf veteran leet, mainly justified by the claim that people were running around morphed and thus you couldn't see their model and gear. So... if this is denied over that, will we have veteran leet other reinstated?

Having to manually cancel the right morph buff in an NCU that is ever-reordering is a total PITA so a single button press to do that is welcome.

Ideally I'd like revamped morph models rather than lose them entirely. Shapeshifting is a big advy Thing. Removing it because it's ugly would be rather sad. Or add a semi-morph version where you get the basic morph benefits, but don't trigger the extras such as additional bits from wolf auras, the instaheals etc.

And finally, everyone will have mandatory Inspect, so the argument about not being able to visually see someone's gear is total rubbish. Also, see Wardtrobe tab and cloaks.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Shapeshifting is a big advy Thing. Removing it because it's ugly would be rather sad.
    I do agree with this. Personally my ideal outcome would be a decoupling of most of the morphs from their buffs, but the removal of neither. Several professions have "flavor" nanos, why not adventurers? The current morphs can still function perfectly as "stances", and then purely visual shapeshifting nanos could be used if you want to be a wolf, cat, dragon or whatever. The parrot form would probably stay coupled, as having adventurers hover around Meta-Physicist style seems a little silly to me, but I don't think it's a big deal either way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12